Specialization codes coming January 21st??

#11Jashin_SamaPosted 1/14/2013 9:52:20 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
Early adopters. Pfft

Go out and buy the game when it comes out, n00b. We should be rewarded for buying it early, especially since we've had to deal with **** longer than everyone else.

But you didn't buy it early... you bought it earlier than the people who got it at Christmas.

Buying it early implies you bought it before it came out. Which you did not.

And why should anyone be rewarded in a game for when they purchased it?
---
Who the hell is Zilong17? Probably Black Chaos Soldier's alt. - MegaSTV
#12Knocks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 11:03:58 AM
The early adopter argument makes sense for people who buy hardware (consoles, phones, etc). Not so much for games.
---
www.NintendoForums.com
#13SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/15/2013 11:06:43 AM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
Early adopters. Pfft

Go out and buy the game when it comes out, n00b. We should be rewarded for buying it early, especially since we've had to deal with **** longer than everyone else.

But you didn't buy it early... you bought it earlier than the people who got it at Christmas.

Because that's how it was advertised. If you bought the game and played the game before a certain date you would be rewarded. People that don't like that are people who didn't go out and by the game when it came out, they waited for a price drop or christmas sale. Why should they get the same things when they are a cheap bastard?

I don't believe in this whole style, anyway, no online game should give someone something because they've played longer - but it was advertised as much so that's what I want, dammit!
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#14ssj3bladePosted 1/15/2013 11:07:16 AM

>Be avid fan
>Purchase day one, midnight release

>Be casual
>Purchase a year down the line in the bargain bin

See how they are different situations? Someone who clearly cares little shouldn't get rewarded ever.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#15TheMilkman99Posted 1/15/2013 11:11:00 AM
What about myself? I'm a Halo fan but was hesitant to buy it with its mixed reception. I picked it up on some Boxing Day sale for cheap, and have found the game to be great. Should I miss out on the specializations because I don't throw money at a game for its title?
---
"mad cuz got black-jacked? I coined that, you all were here."
- RUNwhenCOPScome, on Black Hat and Care Package controversies.
#16Predaking 2Posted 1/15/2013 11:12:48 AM
Early adoptors should be given the Bolt Shot. After 30 days, you can never obtain it.
---
Are people with fat fingers allowed to become proctologists?
#17SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/15/2013 11:21:10 AM
From: TheMilkman99 | Posted: 1/15/2013 10:11:00 AM | #015
What about myself? I'm a Halo fan but was hesitant to buy it with its mixed reception.

Then, with their current set up, you shouldn't get the same rewards as everyone else.

But no, it's people like you (not you specifically, mind you) who ***** and moan "Oh, it's not fair, I didn't want to buy the game at launch, but I should get all of the spec's unlocked for me since it unlocked for the guys that bought the game on launch".

Spoiled brats, that's the majority of the halo community now. Spoiled brats.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#18MephystoPosted 1/15/2013 7:46:18 PM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
From: TheMilkman99 | Posted: 1/15/2013 10:11:00 AM | #015
What about myself? I'm a Halo fan but was hesitant to buy it with its mixed reception.

Then, with their current set up, you shouldn't get the same rewards as everyone else.

But no, it's people like you (not you specifically, mind you) who ***** and moan "Oh, it's not fair, I didn't want to buy the game at launch, but I should get all of the spec's unlocked for me since it unlocked for the guys that bought the game on launch".

Spoiled brats, that's the majority of the halo community now. Spoiled brats.

Um... no. You buy a game at full retail price with the expectation that you're getting the full game experience. If some content is locked away because you didn't do something trite like PAY EXTRA ABOVE AND BEYOND THE FULL RETAIL PRICE for a game at launch... that's not us being spoiled brats... that's the company that made the game locking content away from those who paid full price for the game in order to get an even bigger cash grab by catering to the "special" crowd on top of it... come on man, call a spade a spade and call BS like this for what it is.

So yeah, paid full retail price for a game, didn't expect to get content locked at a lower rank. You know what though, it's alright, no big deal - I just haven't been playing the game for now and won't again until they fix their BS.

Coincidentally... as for being hesitant to buy a game. I wasn't with this one... I bought it when I had the extra cash to do so. BUT, I will most definitely be with the next - not because of any reviews, but because I'll be wary of being content blocked because I didn't go above and beyond to pay for the super duper extra special version and I'll want to be sure I know when the BS cap is gonna be removed first. ;)