2 Spartan Ops questions

#1sew182Posted 1/14/2013 6:06:56 AM
So last night I finally tried Spartan Ops for the first time (was waiting until I finished the campaign). Am I doing something wrong, or can you only do matchmaking for the current "season" or whatever? If so, that's really disappointing, I thought I'd be able to do it at any point. Most of the missions I've done so far haven't been too bad solo, but the very first one would have been a lot easier if I had somebody to drive for me.

2nd question: I've read that a really good way to get a ton of experience is to do Spartan Ops, with fast track on, and double experience. It's supposed to get you close to 13,000. Does this only work on the latest season with matchmaking? My dbl xp wasn't kicking in on the solo games of old seasons I did last night.
#2DSquariusPosted 1/14/2013 6:09:57 AM
MM is for the current episode only. I think I read somewhere they'll be rotating the older episodes until the new season is released.

Double XP only works with MM. At least for me anyways.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#3sew182(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 6:12:05 AM
Ok, that's what I was afraid of, but wanted to make sure. Thanks.
#4MephystoPosted 1/14/2013 8:09:25 AM
You can have a friend join your party and take them into whatever spartan ops mission you wanna do, you don't have to play the online ones. You won't get as much experience this way but you can set the difficulty on them yourselves and get them done at your pace if you want.

In regard to spartan ops online missions, those are the best for bringing in xp. I just tried double xp over the weekend and it was netting me just a little over15000 xp per match. I just got the game a few weeks ago and am SR65 right now from doing spartan ops online for an hour or 2 a night (when i can sit down to play anyway... ymmv).