Halo 4's Music vs previous Halo's (slight spoilers for the serfies)

#11Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/14/2013 6:59:24 PM
There are some parts of the music that I REALLY like. Like during the parts where you fly the pelican and also the part where you fly the longsword.

I feel like they were doing the Mass Effect thing with the music on this one and it was hit or miss. Some parts just sounded like they needed help in the mixing department too like they could have been mixed to sound more beefy and hard hitting.

Overall I still thought it was pretty good and didn't mind the more ambient, electronic approach.
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#12sravankbPosted 1/14/2013 7:17:21 PM
"117", the part where you fly the Pelican towards the towers, the part at the end where MC is floating in space are all fantastic pieces. That being said, it does not compare to the music from 1 and 3.

BUT, the best Halo music IMO is definitely the ODST soundtrack. Frickin' perfection, as far video game music goes.
---
6 MONTHS!? Jesus that's a long attention span... I'm lucky if I can pay attention for more than
#13RAGEface14Posted 1/14/2013 7:28:22 PM
I like the music in all the Halos EXCEPT 4. I even prefer the music from Wars. As for my favorite, probably ODST because of the moody jazz theme. I liked CE's music too, it fit the theme of discovery that the game projects. I also like Reach's music, specifically the song that plays in the menus with the wood blocks instead of snares for the beat, and has the eerie double bass overtop of it, and the piano piece at the beginning of Lone Wolf.
---
GT: RAGEface14
#14ODommPosted 1/14/2013 7:42:31 PM
sravankb posted...
"117", the part where you fly the Pelican towards the towers, the part at the end where MC is floating in space are all fantastic pieces. That being said, it does not compare to the music from 1 and 3.

BUT, the best Halo music IMO is definitely the ODST soundtrack. Frickin' perfection, as far video game music goes.

ODST was Godly, soundtrack and game overall
Those who think ODST was the worst Halo game are not true fans, that game was gold.
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#15Msheridan1990Posted 1/14/2013 7:48:47 PM
tldr LOL
#16gsforlifePosted 1/14/2013 7:55:37 PM
"Ashes" is a phenomenally beautiful piece from the Reach OST.

"Never Forget" and "Unforgotten" from the Halo 3 and Halo 2 soundtracks respectively were just as beautiful.

No composition in Halo 4 can match what was done in the previous games music-wise.
---
PSN: cyanide4suicide XBL: aNinjaGuardian
FC: 2535-3713-5620 ***Filipino Pride***
#17ODommPosted 1/14/2013 7:57:20 PM
gsforlife posted...
"Ashes" is a phenomenally beautiful piece from the Reach OST.

"Never Forget" and "Unforgotten" from the Halo 3 and Halo 2 soundtracks respectively were just as beautiful.

No composition in Halo 4 can match what was done in the previous games music-wise.

Grreen and Bluuueeee?
If you don't think that's an emotional piece, then... well I don't even know
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#18JaidabeccaPosted 1/14/2013 9:30:43 PM
I haven't really heard anything from the 4 that really intrigued me as with every other game. Overall CE had the best soundtrack from "T&R Suite" to "Perilous Journey" to "The Maw" to "On A Pale Horse" that entire game was perfection.

Then comes 2's score with re-iterations of CE stuff as well as new compositions by Marty like "Earth City" & "In Amber Clad" & music from bands such as Breaking Benjamin & Disturbed. "Blow Me Away" by Breaking Benjamin was placed at such a perfect spot. Walking through the Mausoleum of the Arbiter, not having any enemies to fight & then as you walk towards the exit 6-7 Consular Elites & a pair of Hunters enter to try & stop you as that song starts, it was just a great moment in that game.

Then H3 comes along & while not instantly memorable at first, it slowly grew on me & became worth listening to many times over.

ODST's soundtrack, OMFG, that soundtrack was just an unexpected, pleasant surprise. I mean, I knew it would be good because Marty made it but the "moody jazz" as RAGEface put it fit in quite nicely with the overall pace/mood of the game. For some reason every time I listen to it I think of some old-fashioned black & white Dick Tracy-styled detective drama.

Wars, as well as ODST, was a great surprise addition to the music of the series despite being composed by Stephen Rippy instead of Marty O'Donnell. And despite me never finishing the game thus not fully enjoying everything about it I can safely say that the music will never get old.

Reach while good is easily my least favorite of all of the OST's strictly because there's not a single track that was the slightest bit memorable. Pretty much the main reason I even bought Reach's OST is because I had already purchased all the others & it would seem dumb to not complete the collection. Although technically I have to buy 4's now since that's out.
---
RE4, REmake, HALO 1 & 3, & other videos here v
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jaidabecca
#19ZeroSkyPosted 1/15/2013 11:39:28 AM
Jaidabecca posted...
Reach while good is easily my least favorite of all of the OST's strictly because there's not a single track that was the slightest bit memorable. Pretty much the main reason I even bought Reach's OST is because I had already purchased all the others & it would seem dumb to not complete the collection. Although technically I have to buy 4's now since that's out.

Gasp. I don't have the case handy to remember the names of specific sections of the tracks, but Overture, multiple sections of Winter Contingency, Tip of the Spear, the first couple sections of New Alexandria, most of The Pillar of Autumn, and the Epilogue were all very memorable for me, and some of my favorites out of any Halo soundtrack. And that part 5m 42s into Exodus with the epic drumming. Reach and Bungie-era Halo soundtracks overall have some of the most epic drumming ever.

But that's just me.
#20majormPosted 1/15/2013 3:17:58 PM
I would agree that this is the first Halo game that I haven't really noticed the music that much. Previous Halo games all had parts where I went, "Man, I love that music." I don't remember really feeling that at any point in Halo 4. It's not bad, it's just not as epic. And I hate that the classic Halo chorus is gone. The music that plays on the the main loading screen pales in comparison.
---
Five million Cybermen, easy. One Doctor...now you're scared.