Lone Wolf Legend exploit specifics?

#1ginsekaiPosted 1/14/2013 6:50:54 PM
I've heard that there is an exploit that allows you to get Lone Wolf Legend comparatively easily: Just load up each mission individually from the final rally point, play to the end of the mission solo on legendary, rinse, repeat, and the achievement will pop after you've done this for each mission. I'm wondering - first of all - if that's still valid, or if it's been patched.

Assuming it still works, I'm also wondering exactly what achievements this method works for. Does it work for any completion-based achievement? For example, will performing the above process also get me The Legend of 117 and I Need a Hero? Can I use the same basic strategy to get Bropocalypse and Bromageddon?
---
"Personally, it's not God I dislike. It's His fan club I can't stand." ~~bash.org
#2C16Posted 1/14/2013 7:02:54 PM
Haven't tested on the co-op ones but it does work for the others, I did it last week.
#3SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/14/2013 7:08:09 PM
There has been no update to the game since people have been posting that this works.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#4yoshiisbackPosted 1/14/2013 7:09:16 PM
Die 73 times like I just did.
---
XBL GT: Yoshi eats
#5CallMeCujoPosted 1/14/2013 7:10:23 PM
Awesome!
---
Xbox 360 GT: Zonaji.
#6Oblivion_HeroPosted 1/14/2013 10:59:46 PM
The real question would be if this works for LASO.

Not that most people, likely myself included, would be able to pull it off even with the aid of that exploit anyway.
---
You can't call him out for being wrong when he never intended to be right - Stephen Colbert
"Bad Mojo" is not a diagnosis - Dr. Foreman, House, M.D.
#7BrakkisPosted 1/15/2013 12:04:00 AM
Oblivion_Hero posted...

Not that most people, likely myself included, would be able to pull it off even with the aid of that exploit anyway.

It does
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armors hollow on the hill.
#8SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/15/2013 9:50:24 AM
From: Oblivion_Hero | Posted: 1/14/2013 9:59:46 PM | #006

If you have problems with LASO then

Youtube
Halo 4 LASO walkthrough
???
win
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#9ZeroSkyPosted 1/15/2013 11:22:02 AM
Surprising that this would work for solo Legendary since it didn't seem to in co-op. But then again, it's not like 343i hasn't broken other random achievements previously.

Back when I first played the game in Heroic co-op with a friend, the game had a seizure and lagged us both out in the middle of a mission. We figured we could just load up a rally point from before that point in the mission and continue on our way, until we finished things and don't get the achievements. Had to replay that mission from the beginning. Funny thing is, it's the mission where you can just fly the Pelican in and skip most of it, but neither of us knew about that at the time back then.
#10ginsekai(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 6:11:55 AM
ZeroSky: I'm not sure what happened in your situation, because I can confirm that this DOES work for co-op. A friend of mine and I just got the relevant achievements on Heroic using this method last night. I still only have the first two missions done on Legendary, though.

But now an even bigger question: Does this also work for campaign challenges?
---
"Personally, it's not God I dislike. It's His fan club I can't stand." ~~bash.org