Halo 4's ending was much worse than ME3's ending (spoilers)

#1WarBeaglePosted 1/15/2013 7:34:59 AM
There are other topics about this, but they are all locked.

I understand that Halo games are not exactly known for being high-quality sci-fi, but that ending was awful (pre-credit ending). There's no explanation as to how MC survived a ground-zero nuclear blast, and even if there was an explanation, that would be ridiculous too. This ending was the Deus Ex Machina of Deus Ex Machinas and they didn't even boither trying to explain how Chief survived the detonation.

Maybe it's just because I am jaded, but it's hard for me to connect with Chief and his fake AI girlfriend. I'm sure Cortana will be back, but I won't be the least bit disappointed if she isn't.
---
"come on Max. Let's go before more of them show up" he started up the car and drove to Arizona.
#2SociopathixPosted 1/15/2013 7:39:42 AM
Did you play mass effects original ending? It was horrible.

Halos wasn't good either but still better then a "fix everything" button that was in ME
---
The world requires no audience, no witnesses, no witnesses!
GT: Sociopathix msg first if your gonna add please
#3Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 1/15/2013 7:41:15 AM
The original ending wasn't horrible what are you even saying!?

Don't you remember that epic SONG?
---
The Jersey Guy
#4SociopathixPosted 1/15/2013 7:43:38 AM
Cpt_of_Industry posted...
The original ending wasn't horrible what are you even saying!?

Don't you remember that epic SONG?

...can't tell if serious or trolling.

All the music in ME was great but music doesnt make an ending good
---
#5WarBeagle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/15/2013 7:54:38 AM
Sociopathix posted...

Halos wasn't good either but still better then a "fix everything" button that was in ME

The original ME3 ending is the only one I played. Maybe the difference with ME3's ending was that by the time I got to the ending, I wasn't expecting it to make sense anymore. The latter part of ME3 was kind of surreal so the ending didn't seem out of place to me.

Halo 4 was a standard sci-fi shooter up until you detonate the bomb. Then all of a sudden, Chief somehow survives but is in digital fantasy land with no explanation.
---
"come on Max. Let's go before more of them show up" he started up the car and drove to Arizona.
#6SociopathixPosted 1/15/2013 8:02:22 AM
WarBeagle posted...
Sociopathix posted...

The original ME3 ending is the only one I played. Maybe the difference with ME3's ending was that by the time I got to the ending, I wasn't expecting it to make sense anymore. The latter part of ME3 was kind of surreal so the ending didn't seem out of place to me.

Halo 4 was a standard sci-fi shooter up until you detonate the bomb. Then all of a sudden, Chief somehow survives but is in digital fantasy land with no explanation.

Yeah they both didn't make sense, they also both had no explanation.

But atleast mc detonated a nuke and not a fix everything button. That was weak.

Maybe it's because I was more emotionally invested in the ME story then with halos, either way: 2013 the year of video game space magic
---
#7DSquariusPosted 1/15/2013 8:07:42 AM
There's an explanation. It's weak but it's there.

Cortana uses the last of her energy (or whatever) to create a shield with the light bridge.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius
#8SociopathixPosted 1/15/2013 8:11:22 AM
DSquarius posted...

Cortana uses the last of her energy (or whatever) to create a shield with the light bridge.

Could the light bridge really shield the blast of a point blank nuke though? I'm not really versed on halo lore.

Also wouldn't hit hand in the very least be burnt to a crisp, he did dentonate it by hand after all.
---
#9ramzariotPosted 1/15/2013 8:14:58 AM
The Enterprise crew beamed him up.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#10DSquariusPosted 1/15/2013 8:20:33 AM
DSquarius posted...

Could the light bridge really shield the blast of a point blank nuke though? I'm not really versed on halo lore.

Also wouldn't hit hand in the very least be burnt to a crisp, he did dentonate it by hand after all.

This is why I said it was weak.
---
Karma Lost : 13
Xbox Live : DSquarius