Cortana and Halo 5 and 6 (ENDING SPOILERS)

#1Mr_arizonaPosted 1/15/2013 10:27:26 AM
You know she's not dead and will be back.
1. The whole Halsey tissue thing wouldn't be brought up unless it was going to be used.
2. They wouldn't focus this much on the Chief/Cortana relationship unless it was going to cross through 4, 5, and 6.
3. Cortana's fanbase is almost as big as Chiefs so she's not going anywhere.

I've already got it down that the Didact is alive and fixes Cortana enough to use her and get information from her to go after Earth again.
In 5 you'll fight the Didact as he tries to get back to full power and right at the end you'll discover him using Cortana as a slave.
In 6 you kill him with Halsey's help who dies but not before she gives you what you need to save Cortana. And a lot of shooting and killing in between.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
#2SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/15/2013 10:43:33 AM
After Halo 3's campaign I've wanted cortana dead for a long time. How dare she **** up my HUD.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#3Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 1/15/2013 10:52:17 AM
srsly why is she messing up MY hud I'm the ARBITER FFS.
---
The Jersey Guy
#4metroidman92Posted 1/15/2013 12:13:21 PM
B**** got the rest of Noble killed, too.
---
I'll be in my bunk...
One does not simply walk into Skuldafn.
#5SergioMach5Posted 1/15/2013 1:19:31 PM
I can see another cortana, it was hinted that there would be a replacement AI. Perhpas chief will feel bad for having another one, even rejecting it because it was not the old cortana, even if they are both alike. It could be a focus in the sequel, but the rampancy again would be a bit much
---
Wants sequels to Timesplitters, Amped 2, Mirrors Edge, Sleeping Dogs, Burnout and Need For Speed Underground.
#6EDarienPosted 1/15/2013 1:22:18 PM
metroidman92 posted...

I didn't play Reach. Care to expand on that one? Just a little, I don't need the game verbatim, just Reader's Digest version if you don't mind.
---
Lali-ho!
#7Demigod_ElessarPosted 1/15/2013 2:21:42 PM
Nah, I actually hope she is dead and stays dead. And it's not out of hate; Cortana is actually one of my favorite video game characters.

I feel she needs to stay dead to have a bigger impact on John's character in Halo 5 and 6. That, plus I feel if they somehow deus ex machina'd her back to life, then much of Halo 4's plot would be wasted; most of the campaign was centered around Cortana's mortality and humanity, and she ultimately sacrificed herself to save John in the end. If she came back to life, then what was the point of all that drama and touchy-feely moments? It would feel not as important anymore.

So, I hope Cortana is actually dead. Perhaps we'll see how Master Chief reacts to it in the next two games, and possibly even get paired up with another AI (much to his disdain, but to our entertainment)?
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards, and as a gamertag)
#8Demigod_ElessarPosted 1/15/2013 2:27:53 PM
EDarien posted...
metroidman92 posted...

I didn't play Reach. Care to expand on that one? Just a little, I don't need the game verbatim, just Reader's Digest version if you don't mind.

Halsey had Cortana with her in CASTLE base, which was miles below Reach's surface. Her plan was to get the AI to the Master Chief, and figures Noble Team is the best chance of getting her to him. So Cortana choose Noble Six to be her carrier; their mission to get her from CASTLE base to the Pillar of Autumn, which was docked miles away ready to evacuate the planet.

Noble Six, Emile, and Carter (the three surviving Noble Team members) then embarked on getting Cortana to the Autumn. They come across a scarab, in which case Carter kamikazes a pelican into it to destroy it so Six and Emile can continue on.

At the end of the level, Six meets with Captain Keyes and gives him Cortana. Emile is covering their escape with a MAC gun when he is killed by a group of Elites. So Six chooses to stay behind, get on the MAC gun, and cover their evacuation. Six does that, the Pillar of Autumn successfully escapes, and then Six perishes in the glassing/final battle of Reach.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards, and as a gamertag)
#9Emerald_WyvernPosted 1/15/2013 7:07:18 PM
I'm calling it. Chief will get a new Cortana in 5, but she'll be different. More by the books maybe? She'll clash with Chief, Didact will return as a Promethean, and Cortana will have survived in there as well. Didact uses the old Cortana in his war with the humans; Chief will have trouble fighting her. The Elites civil war will end, maybe not in the Arbiter's favor. They team up, save old Cortana and ditch the new one pissing off the UNSC. They fight everything at once: Humans, Covenant, Prometheans, and Flood. They will activate the Halo Array restarting the universe... finally bringing it to peace.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock
#10TheRealJimmyCPosted 1/15/2013 10:58:09 PM
Emerald_Wyvern posted...
I'm calling it. Chief will get a new Cortana in 5, but she'll be different. More by the books maybe? She'll clash with Chief, Didact will return as a Promethean, and Cortana will have survived in there as well. Didact uses the old Cortana in his war with the humans; Chief will have trouble fighting her. The Elites civil war will end, maybe not in the Arbiter's favor. They team up, save old Cortana and ditch the new one pissing off the UNSC. They fight everything at once: Humans, Covenant, Prometheans, and Flood. They will activate the Halo Array restarting the universe... finally bringing it to peace.

Damn. Please go work for 343.
---
Gamertag: Mr Anarchy Duck
Currently Playing: Halo 4, Halo Wars, Borderlands 2, Forza 4/Horizon