Cortana and Halo 5 and 6 (ENDING SPOILERS)

#11ZeroSkyPosted 1/16/2013 1:22:16 AM
Demigod_Elessar posted...
At the end of the level, Six meets with Captain Keyes and gives him Cortana. Emile is covering their escape with a MAC gun when he is killed by a group of Elites because he is a moron, and is too busy gloating over his one kill to actually act like a Spartan and be aware of his surroundings and the other elites closing in on him. So Six chooses to stay behind, get on the MAC gun, and cover their evacuation. Six does that, the Pillar of Autumn successfully escapes, and then Six perishes in the glassing/final battle of Reach.

Fixedish. I'm sorry, usually I just let these things go...
#12PimpHandofGodPosted 1/16/2013 2:12:06 AM
TheRealJimmyC posted...
Emerald_Wyvern posted...
I'm calling it. Chief will get a new Cortana in 5, but she'll be different. More by the books maybe? She'll clash with Chief, Didact will return as a Promethean, and Cortana will have survived in there as well. Didact uses the old Cortana in his war with the humans; Chief will have trouble fighting her. The Elites civil war will end, maybe not in the Arbiter's favor. They team up, save old Cortana and ditch the new one pissing off the UNSC. They fight everything at once: Humans, Covenant, Prometheans, and Flood. They will activate the Halo Array restarting the universe... finally bringing it to peace.

Damn. Please go work for 343.

That's a terrible idea and you should feel bad for liking it.
---
PANDAZ R LAME RUSSIAN DANCING MAN - IKILLMANYBEAR2
#13sithlord666Posted 1/16/2013 4:04:24 AM
Now that 343 have stated that Halo 5 will be a darker title, I can see the Chief blaming himself for Cortana’s death and becoming even more aggressive and having a ‘take no prisoners attitude’, even executing a unarmed wounded Covy’s. The UNSC will find out that the Didact is still alive and order Chief to go capture him alive, while equipping him with a new AI, be it a Cortana clone or some other new AI. However Chief will reject the new AI and the capture order and instead go rouge and try to the kill the Didact. However after a fierce battle and the Didact has finally been defeated, Chief will be just about to hit the killing blow when he hears Cortana voice coming from the Didact’s wrist terminal telling him not to kill the Didact as doing so will also kill her as they have become linked. Cortana will advise that other Forerunners on the way and the Didact it the conduit for them.

In Halo 6 the roles will be revised as the UNSC have also learn what Cortana said and send Fireteam Crimson to hunt down and eliminate the Didact in order to stop the Forerunners return. Knowing that he will be unable to hold off a whole Fireteam by himself, it will be a race against time for the Chief to find a way to separate Cortana and the Didact before the Spartan’s arrive.
---
Gamertag > DARTH DINOBOT
#14xxxjakob999xxxPosted 1/16/2013 4:12:49 AM
Halo 4 focuses on that spartan 2's were the thorough breed of spartan, true warriors, no emotion and pure machine like humans.

That post earlier about all of team noble sacrificing themselves to the objective of getting Cortana to the pillar of Autumn is pretty boss.
#15SrgtStalkerPosted 1/16/2013 9:09:00 AM
My theory's always been The Librarian will have kept a part of her when you first met her on Requiem and Chief will return there and end up meeting with The Librarian and she'll give him Cortana.
---
Yeah I'm a stalker what about it?
#16Topkick1975Posted 1/16/2013 11:36:55 AM
I'm sort of hoping that they'll actually acnowledge the surviving S2s and S3s from the books. Would have thought they'd be leading squads of S4s by the time of Halo 4 (given that Halo 4 happens awhile after they've been found on Onyx)

Maybe there can at least be a cutscene showing Chief commisserating with his old S-2 squad mates (Kelly/Linda/Fred)?
#17docholliday504Posted 1/16/2013 12:08:35 PM
She's still alive. Halo 5 will center around MC disobeying orders to get her back. He'll have her by the end of that game so that Halo 6 can focus on the War against the Promethians.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4
#18EDarienPosted 1/16/2013 1:24:48 PM
Thanks for the reply. Appreciated. Also thanks for the "corrected" version, haha. Were Noble team Spartan IIs like MC or Spartan IIIs? Because the guy who died while gloating doesn't sound like a Spartan II at all. As Halsey said, "First we taught them to be silent. Then we taught them to be Spartans."

His gloating doesn't seem to qualify.

Thanks again for the info, though. :)
---
Lali-ho!
#19Demigod_ElessarPosted 1/17/2013 1:40:29 AM
EDarien posted...
Thanks for the reply. Appreciated. Also thanks for the "corrected" version, haha. Were Noble team Spartan IIs like MC or Spartan IIIs? Because the guy who died while gloating doesn't sound like a Spartan II at all. As Halsey said, "First we taught them to be silent. Then we taught them to be Spartans."

His gloating doesn't seem to qualify.

Thanks again for the info, though. :)

They were Spartan III's
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar (I was formerly Demigod Tyek on these boards, and as a gamertag)
#20tristin809Posted 1/17/2013 4:40:56 AM
In Halo5 the chief will need the help of his ancestors. So he steps into the Animus 3.0 and you play as his great great great great grandson Desmond miles.
---
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
UMVC3 Main Team: Deadpool(B) Vergil(Y) Dormammu(A)