I used to hate the Jetpack in Reach.

#1ShadowMaster684Posted 1/16/2013 2:38:00 PM
I'm finding myself becoming increasingly fond of it in Halo 4, though. It feels like the maps were designed to give the Jetpack much more room to be used. In Reach, most people seemed to just use it to fly straight into the air to try to throw people off, which more often than not didn't work. There were a couple of instances where it proved useful - off the top of my head, I can think of the Banshee spawn on the Graveyard map - but I think in this game, especially in maps like Haven and Complex, they've really increased the general usefulness of it.

The only map that I think it's truly useless on is Ragnarok, which is a Halo 3 map remake anyway. All the new maps seem to have had the Jetpack in mind, for at least a few instances.
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4
Gamertag: Vanguard VII
#2iRGushPosted 1/16/2013 2:39:38 PM
ShadowMaster684 posted...
I'm finding myself becoming increasingly fond of it in Halo 4, though. It feels like the maps were designed to give the Jetpack much more room to be used. In Reach, most people seemed to just use it to fly straight into the air to try to throw people off, which more often than not didn't work. There were a couple of instances where it proved useful - off the top of my head, I can think of the Banshee spawn on the Graveyard map - but I think in this game, especially in maps like Haven and Complex, they've really increased the general usefulness of it.

The only map that I think it's truly useless on is Ragnarok, which is a Halo 3 map remake anyway. All the new maps seem to have had the Jetpack in mind, for at least a few instances.

you weren't playing good people
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#3ShadowMaster684(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 2:40:25 PM
That pretty much sums up everyone who used the Jetpack in Halo: Reach, so you're probably right about that.
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4
Gamertag: Vanguard VII
#4KoopaKingJr87Posted 1/16/2013 7:36:52 PM
I'm one of those people but I love flying around.
---
This Generation isn't bad. you're just getting old.
#5ZeroSkyPosted 1/17/2013 12:15:50 PM
In Reach, most people seemed to just use it to fly straight into the air to try to throw people off, which more often than not didn't work.

That's why I loved jetpack users in Reach. A large amount of them seem to love making themselves hilariously easy DMR/Needler targets. All I can figure is that they think it will throw off their opponent and maybe make the headshot easier looking down from high up. But it certainly doesn't work that way. Random pink explosions in the sky are always entertaining.
#6ffmasterjosePosted 1/17/2013 12:25:22 PM
I used it a bunch in Reach, it was great for quick map navigation. I can't help but notice it got a slight nerf in Halo 4, the duration of the Jetpack was reduced.
---
YES! YES! YES!
NP: Halo 4, Pokemon Black Version 2
#7Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/17/2013 3:25:23 PM
just use it to fly straight into the air to try to throw people off,

I freaking love that. I just pretend that I shot their jetpack and now they are flying out of control like Boba Fett
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw
#8SociopathixPosted 1/17/2013 3:28:18 PM
Urdnot_Runt posted...
just use it to fly straight into the air to try to throw people off,

I freaking love that. I just pretend that I shot their jetpack and now they are flying out of control like Boba Fett

Everytime I use the jet pack I pretend I'm boba fett.

Also on a side note:
Boba>jango
---
"Halo 4 board, where everyone hates everyone and **** you" -Spiduxlimitless
GT: Sociopathix
#9TheMilkman99Posted 1/17/2013 4:58:17 PM
Is there a reason to use the jetpack beyond improved mobility? I can't think of any other way to use it and have it be of any practical benefit.
---
"mad cuz got black-jacked? I coined that, you all were here."
- RUNwhenCOPScome, on Black Hat and Care Package controversies.
#10Asherlee10Posted 1/17/2013 5:01:45 PM
TheMilkman99 posted...
Is there a reason to use the jetpack beyond improved mobility? I can't think of any other way to use it and have it be of any practical benefit.

improved mobility is a big deal in FPSs, wouldn't you say? Does there need to be more of a reason? It's sole purpose is to improve mobility.

You could say it would be a failsafe if you fell over an edge on accident, but that might still fall under 'improved mobility.'
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."