The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Is the map pass worth it?

#1GeistPosted 1/17/2013 5:39:26 AM
Does it give you all you need with no further things to buy after? I've never been one for multi player (I'm a Halo single player fanboy) but Halo 4 has struck a cord with me and I'm planing on going online. Do I need these map packs to fully experience the online play? And will I still have to buy more map packs in the future even with the pass?
---
It is my opinion that Halo is the best thing to hit gaming since the creation of games itself.
#2ramzariotPosted 1/17/2013 5:51:13 AM
I thought the maps were pretty boring and there are not a lot of people playing them. I don't think I have seen anywhere near 1000 people on them since Microsoft blocked the people who downloaded them for free.
---
I grow tired of the foolish foolery of foolish fools.
#3SunDevil77Posted 1/17/2013 5:55:32 AM
yes
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#4ALostGrenadePosted 1/17/2013 6:18:54 AM
Quote:I thought the maps were pretty boring and there are not a lot of people playing them. I don't think I have seen anywhere near 1000 people on them since Microsoft blocked the people who downloaded them for free.
@ramzariot
Some people who got it for free still have access to the maps.
---
"People die when they are killed."
GT: A Lost Grenade
#5Geist(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:12:54 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
yes

So what makes it worth it, just wondering. I figure Crimson and castle combined would be 1600, so what's the extra 400 for?
---
It is my opinion that Halo is the best thing to hit gaming since the creation of games itself.
#6rincewind1990Posted 1/17/2013 7:18:01 AM
Geist posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
yes

So what makes it worth it, just wondering. I figure Crimson and castle combined would be 1600, so what's the extra 400 for?

There's a third map pack called Majestic coming out as well which would cost you another 800mp so you'd save 400mp.
#7chamber29Posted 1/17/2013 7:20:48 AM
Geist posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
yes

its for the first 3 packs...and yes it's "worth it" like a prostrate exam is "worth it". It's better to find out and prolong your Halo 4 life a bit, than get bored and have it die a quick and unexpected death.
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those
#8kyro102Posted 1/17/2013 7:30:27 AM
chamber29 posted...
Geist posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
yes

its for the first 3 packs...and yes it's "worth it" like a prostrate exam is "worth it". It's better to find out and prolong your Halo 4 life a bit, than get bored and have it die a quick and unexpected death.

You sir just made my day
---
Congratulations. Your statement has officially made me lose faith in humanity
#9zetsuhimozePosted 1/17/2013 7:48:11 AM
ramzariot posted...
I thought the maps were pretty boring and there are not a lot of people playing them. I don't think I have seen anywhere near 1000 people on them since Microsoft blocked the people who downloaded them for free.

FYI:the maps are in other playlists if you own them which is why no one plays the crimson playlist.
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#10ARsignal11Posted 1/17/2013 8:07:07 AM
ramzariot posted...
...and there are not a lot of people playing them.

Not true. The dedicated Crimson DLC playlist is not populated, but since Halo 4's matchmaking will routinely match you up with people who also have the DLC maps, you'll constantly get those options in the other playlists.

I personally like the option of more maps. I personally like all 3 and while they aren't perfect, they are fun and different from the initial group of maps that come with the game.