Is the map pass worth it?

#11L0ZPosted 1/17/2013 8:17:04 AM
before you think a map pack will have castles in it it wont. its named castle map pack after Spartan Team Castle
---
[I7 3770 | G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws | 256GB Corsair M4 SSD | GA-Z77X-UD3H | 2GB Evga GTX 670 FTW]
[Cell Broadband | 256MB XDR | RSX 256MB GDDR3]
#12chamber29Posted 1/17/2013 8:31:05 AM
and sorry TC, I didn't address your original issue...
My first recommendation if you have never tried the MP before, is to obviously play some and figure out if you like it. Otherwise, it is pointless to pay for extra maps. The base set is just fine for that, you need to learn those maps before you can even tell if you might like online MP. Try different playlists and then ask yourself if you enjoy a few of them enough to buy more maps and extend your playtime.
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those
#13Asherlee10Posted 1/17/2013 8:38:49 AM
ramzariot posted...
I thought the maps were pretty boring and there are not a lot of people playing them. I don't think I have seen anywhere near 1000 people on them since Microsoft blocked the people who downloaded them for free.

Derp
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#14iliekdatPosted 1/17/2013 9:21:03 AM(edited)
It's a smart investment if you plan on buying any of the map packs. Even if you wanted to skip on 1, you're only paying an extra 400 to get them for a different map option now and then. I don't think the Crimson maps are really that much worse than some of the stuff we are already forced to play, they just aren't built for anything smaller than 5v5. If you truly despise them and never want to play them, then I guess you should just buy the next 2 separately

Also the maps show up in matchmaking outside of the DLC playlists assuming everybody in the match downloaded them. The DLC playlist is just to specifically play the maps more often, that's all
#15ODommPosted 1/17/2013 10:09:04 AM
I think they're worth it, much better than CoD's crap deal.
Really looking forward to the next 2 map packs, especially Skyline. If you can get MSP for free (cough cough ****ing Bing Rewards), go for it. Otherwise watch some videos of the Crimson Map Pack and make the call yourself.

My opinion? Yes, the pass is worth it.

And fyi, the Crimson Playlist isn't a good indicator of who 1) has the maps and 2) likes the maps. I qualify for both 1 and 2 and I haven't played the Crimson playlist that much for a few weeks.
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#16tubb311Posted 1/17/2013 11:42:17 AM
ramzariot posted...
I thought the maps were pretty boring and there are not a lot of people playing them. I don't think I have seen anywhere near 1000 people on them since Microsoft blocked the people who downloaded them for free.

That is really only for the DLC playlist. in other playlists the new maps come up quite a bit for me. definitely improved over Reach, where you almost never got DLC maps outside of the DLC playlist. But thses are average at best. better than Reach maps(imo) but not quite on the level of maps from Halo 1-3.

OP, why don't try the MP first and then decide if you think it's fun enough to warrant the season pass purchase.
#17ffmasterjosePosted 1/17/2013 12:11:03 PM
ramzariot posted...

LOL no, at peak times the Crimson DLC has well over 2500. Even in dead hours its near 400
---
YES! YES! YES!
NP: Halo 4, Pokemon Black Version 2
#18Geist(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 12:21:23 PM
chamber29 posted...
Geist posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
yes

So what makes it worth it, just wondering. I figure Crimson and castle combined would be 1600, so what's the extra 400 for?

its for the first 3 packs...and yes it's "worth it" like a prostrate exam is "worth it". It's better to find out and prolong your Halo 4 life a bit, than get bored and have it die a quick and unexpected death.

Three? The description only says two. Are you sure it's for all three?
---
It is my opinion that Halo is the best thing to hit gaming since the creation of games itself.
#19chamber29Posted 1/17/2013 12:30:15 PM
Geist posted...
chamber29 posted...
Geist posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
yes

So what makes it worth it, just wondering. I figure Crimson and castle combined would be 1600, so what's the extra 400 for?

its for the first 3 packs...and yes it's "worth it" like a prostrate exam is "worth it". It's better to find out and prolong your Halo 4 life a bit, than get bored and have it die a quick and unexpected death.

If not, I will be upset, I bought it awhile ago with the understanding it would save me $5 or 400MS points. If it weren't the case, it would be useless, given map pass holders had to wait an extra day to get the crimson pack...

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/24/halo-4-war-games-map-pass-grants-entry-to-3-map-packs-for-15/
---
-- I love stats, they tell you everything. If only there was a stat to prove why my stats matter...Not wins, I don't get those
#20skribblzPosted 1/17/2013 12:30:41 PM
chamber29 posted...
Geist posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
yes

From the description on xbox.com
Content includes “Crimson, Majestic & Castle Map Packs” plus 2 in-game helmets and an emblem at a special value. If you own this Map Pass, access map packs thru the Halo 4 in-game store. Do not download from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or you will be charged twice. Halo 4 game, 4GB storage, & Xbox LIVE Gold membership (each sold separately) required to use this content. (Map Pass included with Halo 4 Limited Edition.)

---
The 5 Symptoms of Laziness: