yoshiisback posted...
Cpt_of_Industry posted...
no im too casual to lift and passive

Bet I could pick you up.

What if he's fat?
#43JackhammerM60Posted 1/17/2013 2:30:02 PM
I just squatted 225lbs, is that good?
---
Visit Arashiboards.net for a friendly and knowledgeable Storm Community!
Official Owlman of the I:GAU and MK9 boards.
#44yoshiisback(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 2:30:22 PM
X250 posted...
yoshiisback posted...
Cpt_of_Industry posted...
no im too casual to lift and passive

Bet I could pick you up.

What if he's fat?

I didn't mean literally.
---
XBL GT: Yoshi eats
#45Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 1/17/2013 2:30:43 PM
I'm not fat silly I'm curvy!

tee hee

no but seriously im like average
---
The Jersey Guy
#46ChrisSLPosted 1/17/2013 2:45:38 PM
yoshiisback posted...
ChrisSL posted...
yoshiisback posted...

You're not funny and your argument is terrible. There are much better ways to approach this, rather than arguing "hobbies aren't supposed to be about money".

If you have a hobby and it has the potential to make money/ gain you popularity, why wouldn't you pursue it? Casuals are weak-minded.

Partly, yes. I'm not disagreeing as such. It's just that somebody with a full-time job, maybe an especially demanding one, may not have the time or inclination to advance to that stage. All I'm saying is for some it HAS to remain a hobby. A guy who's new to the game, and only gets maybe a few hours a week to play, isn't going to win anything at all at tournaments and isn't going to expect to.

I am a counter example to this. I go to school full-time and my week is spent programming, while I work 20+ hours a week on the weekends. However, I have managed to do well at 3 tournaments thus far, with Chicago in a week. When school starts again next week, I will only be playing in local and online tournaments, without much practice again.

Well, sure. Everyone's situation is different. I can see that I was being too presumptuous, and I was wrong about that. My issue, really, was with 'If you have a hobby and it has the potential to make money/ gain you popularity, why wouldn't you pursue it?' It's not as simple as that. Just about every single person playing the game, regardless of ability, has the potential to improve and enter tournaments and such. They are plenty of valid reasons why that might not appeal.

But hey, this is a topic about a man and his sexy new truck. It's a great-looking prize too, hope it doesn't wind up on eBay or something.
#47X250Posted 1/17/2013 2:48:04 PM
ChrisSL posted...
Just about every single person playing the game, regardless of ability, has the potential to improve and enter tournaments and such.

No. I know you're too busy to experiment to try this, but no.

If it was that easy, every non-lazy person in the world would be making money off their hobbies.
#48SahdukPosted 1/17/2013 2:57:16 PM
Juletider posted...
Bigtymer113 posted...
Well that explains the considerable amount of points earned in a day then.

Have fun with your money and truck Mr No-Lifer. Probably gonna spend it on Kleenex and sex dolls.

You can pass that message on, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRiIf07XA7I&playnext=1&list=PLFD1A81B9BA618ED3&feature=results_main

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0BdtTFaNU

his life is better than yours. stay mad, casual.

He's such a lookin ass n

lmao
---
"I got lost and a hooker tried to kiss me"
#49xplayer55Posted 1/17/2013 3:46:29 PM
yoshiisback posted...
Multiple sources (Dewey, Bravo) have said that he already won the infinity challenge.

How much money have you won, casuals?

A t-shirt -.-
---
I'll Bing your Yahoo with my Google...
Currently Playing: A Game
#50jakethenoobPosted 1/17/2013 3:52:46 PM
X250 posted...
jakethenoob posted...
How can Strongside win when the only pros that even play are like Ninja and Formal

This was a contest that anyone could play. Have you even played Halo 4 in the last couple months?

Lol that's not what I meant.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/