MLG pro StrongSide wins truck, win for non-casuals

#61lderivedxPosted 1/17/2013 4:53:15 PM
I don't run much because I hate cardio.

I hate running as well. It's so boring. I get cardio by playing basketball, soccer, and racquetball now.
---
[Jesse,] you need to stop noscoping me though its really infuriating, that time you jumped from ring 2, no scoped me, and picked up camo, i about died IRL -bale
#62SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/17/2013 4:54:11 PM
Ignore the pain, cardio is very important. I hated Cardio when I started weight training, but I had to do it. 2 mile run every morning, and then 20 minutes of stairs. Granted I've smoked that stamina away, but it was very important. Having a good cardio will actually help you lift more, believe it or not.

And yeah, not trying to be mean, but you could do much better. 14-21 is your prime physical conditioning. If you can build a good muscle base now, the rest of your life (if you choose to stay physically fit, or if you choose to lift) will be a lot easier in that regard. You don't want to be like me, 27 years old trying to get back into High School shape.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#63JackhammerM60Posted 1/17/2013 5:02:59 PM
Well I have my weight training class, which is about 45 minutes of lifting. When I get home from school, I lift for another 20-25 minutes.
The reason I don't go for jogs is because I live in a crummy town. The only good place to go jogging is infested with Snakes, bobcats and the occasional Coyote. I was thinking of buying a membership to a gym, which is 10 dollars a month. Pretty good, but I don't have a ride :(
So I'm going to do track. Would sign up for cross country but its too late. Perhaps next year.
---
Visit Arashiboards.net for a friendly and knowledgeable Storm Community!
Official Owlman of the I:GAU and MK9 boards.
#64NeeTamaPosted 1/17/2013 5:14:52 PM
Does Yoshi even make cash via halo or does he just live vicariously through other people?
---
In the battle of ghosts vs. robots, robots always win.
#65ST_ZeroPosted 1/17/2013 5:15:14 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
Well that explains the considerable amount of points earned in a day then.

Have fun with your money and truck Mr No-Lifer. Probably gonna spend it on Kleenex and sex dolls.

You can pass that message on, right?

Lmao, to bad he lives with his girlfriend.
---
One of the best at halo that graced gamefaqs. I give halo lessons for MS points, msg me.
#66SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/17/2013 5:21:03 PM
Does Yoshi even make cash via halo or does he just live vicariously through other people?

He just won $150 the other day.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#67COG_KillaPosted 1/17/2013 5:21:39 PM
I don't mind being a casual, but dear god, other casuals. If this is how people choose to make money (or win beastly trucks), then they're making money (or winning beastly trucks) by doing something they love to do! Who the **** do you think you are by insulting them by calling them sad and pathetic?!

Honestly, if I won money in tournaments, I'd jump at the chance trash talk simple-minded casuals.
---
I think with my dipstick, because engine lubrication is important.
#68NeeTamaPosted 1/17/2013 5:26:07 PM
SpiduxxudipS posted...

He just won $150 the other day.

At least he can back up his talk then. Curiousity sated.
---
In the battle of ghosts vs. robots, robots always win.
#69bubbas111Posted 1/17/2013 5:56:36 PM(edited)
yoshiisback posted...
ChrisSL posted...
yoshiisback posted...
ChrisSL posted...
yoshiisback posted...

How much money have you won, casuals?

The money earned at the jobs that prevented them getting anywhere in said Infinity Challenge, presumably.

Money from playing Halo as a hobby. I should have been more clear on that.

Ah. Well then yeah, that'll be a $0. But then hobbies aren't supposed to be about money. Does compulsive scarf-knitting grandma set up awesomeoldladyscarves.com in a consumerist effort to sell her creations? She doesn't. Partly because it's just a hobby and partly because she thinks her daughter's PC is a sandwich toaster.

You're not funny and your argument is terrible. There are much better ways to approach this, rather than arguing "hobbies aren't supposed to be about money".

If you have a hobby and it has the potential to make money/ gain you popularity, why wouldn't you pursue it? Casuals are weak-minded.

No it's actually a great argument. I'll answer this with an example from my own life. I could have played college football and gone to school for free (essentially get paid for a hobby). I turned it down because my senior year of football in high school I was so worried about doing well and spent so much time training that I started to hate football because what I once did as a hobby became a job. It was still fun competing and playing the game, but everything around it was miserable to me.

I couldn't focus in practices and a lot of the pressure started to get to me to increase my performance. It especially became heartbreaking after I injured my shoulder which created a plateau in my mind where I thought I couldn't compete any higher and grow more. If this was still a hobby I would have gotten over the injury after a while but since it became a job in my mind it was devastating because I thought I lost value. I still got scholarships but I hated what the game became to me. So no once a hobby brings in monetary value it is not the same hobby it was. It becomes a different entity and loses a lot of it's fun and innocence.

This situation doesn't fit everyone, but it is still a valid argument. Actually there are a few NFL players that probably hate playing football and just do it for a paycheck.
---
gamertag-bubbas111
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=3265619
#70Urdnot_RuntPosted 1/17/2013 6:12:34 PM(edited)
ITT: People who have a sad life and feel the need to berate others for playing video games "casually"
---
You have one or more unread System Notifications. Please read them as soon as possible
^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEf5VFKplzw