Do you think 343 will fix this game too late?

#1pcmike2Posted 1/17/2013 7:24:47 PM
Halo 4 dropped to 4th on XBL activity as of last week:

http://majornelson.com/2013/01/17/live-activity-for-week-of-january-7th/

To show you how bad this is, Halo Reach didn't drop to #4 until Gears of war 3 release, which was about one year after the release of reach:

http://majornelson.com/2011/09/29/live-activity-for-week-of-september-19th/

Do you think by the time 343 will fix this game (if they do) it will be too late to play the game as the population will be so low?

I'm really considering returning the game, seeing as how I won't touch video games when the spring semester starts.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#2SunDevil77Posted 1/17/2013 7:37:08 PM
You obviously don't hate the game enough if you're quite actively tracking it's online activity.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#3pcmike2(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:38:24 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
You obviously don't hate the game enough if you're quite actively tracking it's online activity.

Actually I got this info from reddit :p
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#4appleturnover87Posted 1/17/2013 7:58:13 PM
I don't think they'll fix it to most people's satisfaction at all
---
What's love got to do, got to do with it?
#5Halo8mySoulPosted 1/17/2013 8:40:03 PM
What they would need to, but probably won't do:

1. Lower the pricepoint of the game at least $10 to attract new players.

2. Awarding people Specializations for playing before November 20, 2012 was an attempt to lure and hook people on this game in order to better compete with the release of BLOPS2. It didn't work. Now it is basically punishing the new player- give Specializations to EVERYONE after level 50.

3. Bump up the release dates for Map Packs.

4. Have different "Just for Fun" game modes over the weekends, a'la Halo 3.

5. Occasional "Double XP" events after the Mountain Dew/Doritos offer ends.

I love this game, but I am concerned about the rate at which the population in any given gametype is falling.
#6enterthemadroxPosted 1/17/2013 8:53:39 PM
What do they need to fix?

Are 343 gonna start personally fixing individual internet connections and slap people upside the head one idiot at a time for team killing and AFKing?
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#7bd0g5Posted 1/17/2013 8:56:27 PM
enterthemadrox posted...

Are 343 gonna start personally fixing individual internet connections and slap people upside the head one idiot at a time for team killing and AFKing?

You're a joke if you think nothing needs to be fixed. Oh god no 343, don't attempt to improve your game!
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#8X250Posted 1/17/2013 8:56:41 PM
enterthemadrox posted...

You've been on these boards more than long enough to know what they need to fix.
#9enterthemadroxPosted 1/17/2013 8:57:34 PM
X250 posted...
enterthemadrox posted...

You've been on these boards more than long enough to know what they need to fix.

Yes I have and I've also played the game long enoough to see that the only problems that need fixing in my experience are the idiots online who ruin the game for others, 343 don't need to fix anything other than that.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#10X250Posted 1/17/2013 8:59:52 PM
enterthemadrox posted...
X250 posted...
enterthemadrox posted...

Yes I have and I've also played the game long enoough to see that the only problems that need fixing in my experience are the idiots online who ruin the game for others, 343 don't need to fix anything other than that.

Just because you're fine with mediocrity doesn't mean everyone else is.