Is there anyone that actually played Halo 2 and 3 multiplayer heavily...

#31ssj3bladePosted 1/18/2013 7:22:33 AM
Halo 4 > Halo 3

Only the maps were better in 3. Ranking system is meh because IIRC there's a TrueSkill system in Halo 4, Halo 3 only had it visible.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#32BurningWindPosted 1/18/2013 7:35:24 AM
I played tons of Halo 2 and Halo 3, but I still think Halo 4 is a good game. I wouldn't go as far to say it's better then the other two.......yet. I'm willing to give 343 some time to fix a lot of the issues the game has, and then we'll see. I think it has the potential to be better, but 343 has to actually listen and start making some changes now before it's to late.
---
Xbox Live and PS3 Gamertag: Shellshock821
#33Asherlee10Posted 1/18/2013 7:37:01 AM
I played several hundred hours of Halo 2 multliplayer and really enjoy Halo 4. Halo 2 had some nasty glitches and issues, just like Halo 4 does.

Halo 2 multiplayer was when I was in my college prime. I was able to stay up late and play.
---
"Opinions should be a result of a thought, not a substitute for it."
#34phillyeagles123Posted 1/18/2013 9:38:35 AM
I didn't play enough Halo 2 to really judge it fairly. Halo 4's netcode is much better than Halo 3's, same with the gun mechanics. Hitscan in Halo is a must, and not having it in Halo 3 really hurt. I also think there is more of a variety of weapons in Halo 4. Halo 3, however, had much better maps than Halo 4, and the ranking system in Halo 3 was far superior.
#35SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/18/2013 9:52:02 AM
I go through stages of liking and disliking H4.

*sends a game invite*

What do you want to play?

I don't care, I don't even want to be playing Halo 4.

>.>;

I feel the same way, though.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#36superhPosted 1/18/2013 9:57:04 AM
phillyeagles123 posted...
Hitscan in Halo is a must, and not having it in Halo 3 really hurt

LOOOL

no way. hitscan on halo is the downfall of it. The only thing that needs hitscan is the sniper.

hitscan on the dmr is whats ruined halo 4 and made every other gun inferior. Its what took the niche away from the other rifles.

It's what has made the DMR so easy to use. Remember leading your shots? yeah, no need for that now with laser accurate hitscan. Another huge and skillful element of halo gone.

Remember when using a weapon you spawned with to kill people from one side of Valhalla to the other in 5 shots without missing was considered OP and impossible? That is the standard of halo 4.

just playing Halo 3 on Valhalla vs halo 4 you can see how massively imbalanced Halo 4 is.
---
"Magic doesn't exist? Oh really, then explain magic tricks you nimwit."
-Dax Flame
#37ssj3bladePosted 1/18/2013 10:00:55 AM
phillyeagles123 posted...
Hitscan in Halo is a must, and not having it in Halo 3 really hurt

LOOOL

no way. hitscan on halo is the downfall of it. The only thing that needs hitscan is the sniper.

hitscan on the dmr is whats ruined halo 4 and made every other gun inferior. Its what took the niche away from the other rifles.

It's what has made the DMR so easy to use. Remember leading your shots? yeah, no need for that now with laser accurate hitscan. Another huge and skillful element of halo gone.

Remember when using a weapon you spawned with to kill people from one side of Valhalla to the other in 5 shots without missing was considered OP and impossible? That is the standard of halo 4.

just playing Halo 3 on Valhalla vs halo 4 you can see how massively imbalanced Halo 4 is.

All the precision rifles should be hitscan of course. Hitscan > projectile unless it's specifically designed around bullet drop
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#38lderivedxPosted 1/18/2013 10:02:16 AM
but the competition level is determined by you

No, it's not. If I get consistently matched with players worse than I am, like has happened since Reach, the match is not competitive.
---
what was the point of that burger king video? You didnt need video proof to show that you are lonely, I would have taken your word on it. - brady
#39almightyminimanPosted 1/18/2013 10:03:59 AM
I played Halo 2 all the way till its death. Probably put several thousand hours into it... Maybe just a thousand. But i love halo 4. I don't consider it the godly video game that everyone expected it to be. I just consider it another halo game. And it's a vast improvement over Reach. I have few complaints. Mainly framerate issues, and lack of small maps. But i know they'll come out with maps and hopefully some fixes on the TU. But i do love Halo 4. Been playing it a ton since it came out. Still playing. and still loving it.
---
What can you do, when you live in a shoe, and you aint got no soul.
#40SunDevil77Posted 1/18/2013 10:05:45 AM
Played Halo 1 multi quite a bit, Halo 2 for endless hours, and Halo 3 a ton, and I think Halo 4 provides the most fun experience tied with Halo 2.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact