Halo 4 drops to fourth on XBL activity charts...

#21HybridSnakePosted 1/18/2013 2:43:44 PM
The moronic playlists ruined it.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#22ZeroSkyPosted 1/18/2013 4:16:23 PM
foodeater4 posted...
The main thing is CoD. this Halo came out a week before Blops 2. Even Reach came out in September and had about 2 months to itself before Blops 1 came out.

How is Call of Duty in any way related to a sports game passing up Halo? I doubt anyone here is delusional enough to expect Halo to beat Call of Duty these days. It's expected that Blops 2 is in the top spot regardless of what's going on below it.
#23Paper_Mario_4Posted 1/18/2013 4:49:05 PM
You mean Exile 4 drops to fourth on the XBL activity charts.
#24iRGushPosted 1/18/2013 5:00:06 PM
Paper_Mario_4 posted...
You mean Exile 4 drops to fourth on the XBL activity charts.

No, tc means haven 4
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#25SzurkuletPosted 1/18/2013 5:03:12 PM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
lol so what. You guys know soccer is the most popular sport in the world right? Its more popular then Halo.

Then why hasn't FIFA ever beat Halo before? Oh, right, because Halo use to be great. Now it's just mediocre, and after the casuals trade up for the next game it's going to plumment even harder.

I love the people that don't understand that this is a bad thing for Halo.

It HAS beaten Halo before.
---
What a charming prospect - the offer of oral copulation in exchange for pizza. If only the battle of Trafalgar was won in such a fashion. - Matt Berry/Snuff Box
#26TheBiggerOnePosted 1/18/2013 5:04:12 PM
From: PathlessBullet | Posted: 1/18/2013 8:50:53 AM | #008
Is fourth supposed to be bad now? Pretty sure CoD always holds the first two spots so.....

The point is a game that sold 3 million less copies, as Gush said, is beating this game in online activity. That means there were 3 million people, at least, that bought H4, played it, then quit immediately. The game has been out for 3 months and 3 million people dropped it.

3. Million.

There's only one soccer game, whereas there are hundreds of shooters. It's just that the FPS community is stretched thin over multiple games. That's all. It's not a sign of demise.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbySdh66npI
Deal with it 8===D | GT: LobotomyJesus
#27iRGushPosted 1/18/2013 5:07:45 PM
TheBiggerOne posted...
From: PathlessBullet | Posted: 1/18/2013 8:50:53 AM | #008
Is fourth supposed to be bad now? Pretty sure CoD always holds the first two spots so.....

The point is a game that sold 3 million less copies, as Gush said, is beating this game in online activity. That means there were 3 million people, at least, that bought H4, played it, then quit immediately. The game has been out for 3 months and 3 million people dropped it.

3. Million.

There's only one soccer game, whereas there are hundreds of shooters. It's just that the FPS community is stretched thin over multiple games. That's all. It's not a sign of demise.

makes all the excuses you want but a game that sold 3 million more copies having a lower online population is just embarrassing.
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#28SterlingFoxPosted 1/18/2013 5:49:09 PM
Its because Halo 4 was loaded with game-breaking problems and poor choices at launch, most of which they still haven't fixed.

I.E.
- They didn't include all the maps in matchmaking so the maps are repetitive and too few.
- There aren't enough matchmaking playlists that people actually want. (No Big Team Objective, no team doubles, no non-team slayer, etc.)
- They put too much focus on jerking off Regicide (an okay playlist at best) just because it was their new idea.
- Still no fileshare. Seriously, this is getting pathetic.
- People getting put on a back-up server for no reason, so they can't play with their friends or do Spartan Ops, and have slow matchmaking with limited playlists and laggy games.
- Glitches. Everywhere, glitches. From people not showing up on the radar when cloaked to people not having a head and being immune to headshots.
- Seemingly no weapon balancing at all.

And I'm sure you guys can fill in more problems and iffy decisions 343 has made. Worse yet, they aren't ****ing DOING anything about it. These problems have all been there since launch, and 343 hasn't fixed any of them or even made some sort of acknowledgement that the problems are there and they're addressing them. Like when they talked about Fileshare, the best they could give us is *MAYBE* it'll be up by March.

It seems that their attitude for the entire game is a stubborn arrogance. They're extremely prideful, and rather than hearing negative player feedback for somethings and adjusting playlists or game balance accordingly they're responding like hostile gamefaqs trolls. They're more apt to say "No, this is a good idea! Try it again and you'll love it. We're big Halo fans, and this is how the game is going to be so tough ****. Play the game and shut up." then they are to say "We've heard you, and we're releasing some forge maps with the playlist update next week." or something.

What I think it basically comes down to is that Halo 4 didn't have enough testing. It feels like they rushed it out to beat Black Ops 2, so while the game can be fun it feels unfinished in a lot of areas.
I'm willing to bet that there'd be a lot more people if they had just had a beta test and gotten a chance to know what was wrong with matchmaking before they released the game. But they didn't, and its turning out to be Halo 4's downfall.

Yeah, 40000 people online isn't dead or even bad for an online game. If another game had that many people online then I'd say its doing just fine.
But for Halo 4? Even if you're one of the people defending the game's population, can you really say that's an impressive number for a Halo game?
---
Underwater Spartans:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djp5dtz02eQ&feature=plcp
#29NidtendofreakPosted 1/18/2013 6:05:49 PM
Isn't MW3 5th?

Whats the difference in numbers between those two? Because right now, MW3 is still the most hated CoD.
---
And so begins a tale of vengeance and betrayal. Destiny by sinner sought. Tragedy by power wrought. Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume.
#30GeistPosted 1/18/2013 6:26:13 PM
This board is so depressing. All any one here does is complain and trash the game.
---
It is my opinion that Halo is the best thing to hit gaming since the creation of games itself.