Mlg Officially drops Halo 4

#11jwhudexnlsPosted 1/18/2013 2:33:43 PM
Well that's good, but I wonder what all the halo pros do when they drop the series.
#12GTDunPosted 1/18/2013 2:35:31 PM
anybody wanna mass suicide? there will be chips and refreshments
#13SoF-RamboPosted 1/18/2013 2:35:50 PM
Didn't they drop it because of some stupid Virgin tourney?
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#14Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 1/18/2013 2:38:40 PM
GTDun posted...
anybody wanna mass suicide? there will be chips and refreshments

waaaaaaaay ahead of y
---
The Jersey Guy
#15Dragun19Posted 1/18/2013 2:41:06 PM
There needs to be more glitches to exploit for MLG to support a game.
#16GTDunPosted 1/18/2013 2:41:49 PM
SoF-Rambo posted...
Didn't they drop it because of some stupid Virgin tourney?

A tournament of virgins? What is it, to see who can actually rise up and get laid?

Surprisingly this actually sounds like something that would derail MLG.
#17SomnambulisticPosted 1/18/2013 3:08:54 PM
Unfortunately this means Halo 4's current activity is going to continue to drop, rather than at least stay a little consistent, or even rise again. Sucks, because it affects everybody, not just MLG supporters and players. Oh well, I'll still continue on in customs and the maps/gametypes everyone will keep pumping out.

Commence the bad jokes by the bad players.
---
You wanna live forever?
#18lron_SpidermanPosted 1/18/2013 3:20:31 PM
ElderPredator12 posted...
Unfortunately this means Halo 4's current activity is going to continue to drop, rather than at least stay a little consistent, or even rise again. Sucks, because it affects everybody, not just MLG supporters and players. Oh well, I'll still continue on in customs and the maps/gametypes everyone will keep pumping out.

Commence the bad jokes by the bad players.

I'm still waiting for your joke dude :P

Tell me, how does this effect everyone?

Lol at those fools that purchased those Halo 4 MLG pics.

I like most gamers don't give a flying s*** about MLG.
#19SomnambulisticPosted 1/18/2013 3:30:05 PM(edited)
If you're gonna try to insult someone, try not to use an emoticon right afterwards, you look 12.

It affects everyone because this series' likely most dedicated community just got abandoned and now they have a lot less incentive to stick around. Less players all around means less likely and less as substantial support from the devs. Most people will tell you we already receive almost none of that anyway.

tl;dr - Halo 4 population dying every day, MLG drops support as nail in coffin.
---
You wanna live forever?
#20CKnightPosted 1/18/2013 3:42:15 PM(edited)
Those who think the online community will take a big hit are idiots. I know I've been calling people dumb alot but this board seems to have an unusual number of moronic people.

Halo 4 is a top selling game for the 360 not a niche title but a hugely popular game among casuals. The majority of its players aren't, never was and never will be pro players. In fact most players never even seen or heard of MLG. Just like Evo might be the biggest fighting game tournament there is but unless you actively go online searching out pro streams and info, you probably never heard of it, even if you play fighting games.

The first MLG I watched was last year and apparently MLG has been going on for way longer. And what I watched with MLG FPS isn't very exciting, not like watching a good fighting game match.

Anyway this news hurts pro Halo players and no one else.