Mlg Officially drops Halo 4

#41LandonioPosted 1/19/2013 12:41:32 AM
ODomm posted...
Landonio posted...
ODomm posted...
It's a good thing Pros are the minority of the Halo 4 community.

How is this a good thing? So you enjoy bad games?

Hahaha lol

Guess so.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing:Halo 4, Dark Souls, Resident Evil 4: HD, Resident Evil 5: Gold, SF3: 3rd Strike Online, PB Winterbottom
#42BillyBob_21Posted 1/19/2013 1:12:59 AM
I've never understood the hate towards MLG. People enjoy it because it is more competitive. Some people aren't very competitive, some people are. For those that are competitive, playing casually can get very boring. Competition is a rush. And you feel a nice sense of accomplishment when you compete at higher levels.

People say that MLG is stupid and that you shouldn't care so much about how you do at a video game. If that's so, then people also shouldn't care so much about soccer, football, baseball, etc. But of course they do. A true competitor lives to win and improve. Our most basic instincts tell us to be the best, improve, and keep wanting more, never to be satisfied. Many people also say, "Oh well being good at video games doesn't mean anything in real life." Sure, for 99.9% of gamers, playing video games won't give them any advantages in life. But it is a battle of intelligence. Who has quicker reflexes? Better problem solving skills? Creativity? Memory? Hand eye coordination? It is fun to test yourself out against other people and see how you rank.

So yeah, to some of us, MLG was pretty cool. It added a lot more excitement. Just look at how there is no ranking system. That alone makes me a lot less motivated to play this game.
#43ODommPosted 1/19/2013 1:17:28 AM
BillyBob_21 posted...
I've never understood the hate towards MLG. People enjoy it because it is more competitive. Some people aren't very competitive, some people are. For those that are competitive, playing casually can get very boring. Competition is a rush. And you feel a nice sense of accomplishment when you compete at higher levels.

People say that MLG is stupid and that you shouldn't care so much about how you do at a video game. If that's so, then people also shouldn't care so much about soccer, football, baseball, etc. But of course they do. A true competitor lives to win and improve. Our most basic instincts tell us to be the best, improve, and keep wanting more, never to be satisfied. Many people also say, "Oh well being good at video games doesn't mean anything in real life." Sure, for 99.9% of gamers, playing video games won't give them any advantages in life. But it is a battle of intelligence. Who has quicker reflexes? Better problem solving skills? Creativity? Memory? Hand eye coordination? It is fun to test yourself out against other people and see how you rank.

So yeah, to some of us, MLG was pretty cool. It added a lot more excitement. Just look at how there is no ranking system. That alone makes me a lot less motivated to play this game.

I don't have a problem with playing competitively. However, 99% of "pros" have that holier-than-thou attitude that I find annoying. It's ironic, because they are playing a video game for a living.
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#44BillyBob_21Posted 1/19/2013 1:22:03 AM
ODomm posted...
BillyBob_21 posted...

I don't have a problem with playing competitively. However, 99% of "pros" have that holier-than-thou attitude that I find annoying. It's ironic, because they are playing a video game for a living.

Yeah, I can understand the attitude thing. It's unfortunate.
#45AndaristPosted 1/19/2013 1:40:53 AM
eeehhh well

Last time MLG was interesing was in H3. I would watch every tourney. I was excited for that ****. I even went to one in Chicago...

Reach wasn't even that fun for me and I never, ever watched the MLG streams.

Now it's H4 and this has happened, kinda makes sense from my point of view..

Damn I hate growing up :/
---
a Perfect Rake
tier 1: andarist | tier 3: mephy, trav | tier 5: bale. - Vizeroth
#46BigCatFivePosted 1/19/2013 2:40:38 AM
I find it funny that the people that do not think this is a bad thing are the same people that defended this game everyday.

First, 343 alienated the community. Next, 343 ignored the community. Then, 343 admits to a number of problems within the game. Finally, MLG drops the game.

With about 1/3 of the players from the first week remaining, there is no way the game will bounce back. We bought a beta. Plan and simple.

After 11 years of looking for a "Halo Killer", it turns out it was Halo that killed Halo.
#47CKnightPosted 1/19/2013 5:03:13 AM
BillyBob_21 posted...

Playing a game just for a meaningless rank is pathetic. And people hate MLG for the same reason some fighting fans dont care for Evo, SCR or Apex. Internet people place a great importance on it when it doesnt really matter at all.

Games never did and never will live or die based on competitive play, those who think so are greatly out of touch with the real world and the general state of gaming. Now fighting games are niche as it gets yet tons of games that never appear on competitive streams maintain healthy communities simply because people enjoy playing them.

To assume Halo 4 cant survive or will die based on MLG is one of the dumbest things said on in this topic. Ive been playing Halo online since 2 and only watched one MLG, my friends who play Halo never heard of MLG. Most Halo players in general never heard of MLG, you think any of them will drop this game because a very small minority of players think the game is dead without it? Of course not but then again those players are out of touch.

MLG is nice and all but Smash Bro tournaments seem more relevant. FPS in general are the number 1 choice for casual online gaming and Halo is the biggest scifi shooter in the genre. I play CoD as well but I can only play so much military shooters until I want a different flavor, Halo provides that as other scifi shooters fall short.

Halo will be fine with or without MLG.
#48lderivedxPosted 1/19/2013 5:54:22 AM(edited)
People that say you shouldn't do something because it doesn't "matter," while on an internet forum where their opinion is not likely to affect anything, confuse me.

I don't care enough to be decent at a hobby, but I do care enough to get upset on an internet forum.
---
If you still have any problems with my post I highly recommend you get over it. - Navex
GT: i derive dx
#49MlCKHEADPosted 1/19/2013 5:27:57 AM
ODomm posted...

On the other hand alot of casual players can be hostile to those that play competitivly. "You haz no life!" etc.
---
GT: MlCKHEAD (the 'I' is actually an 'L')
#50SahdukPosted 1/19/2013 5:41:55 AM
Casuals are angry at everything.
---
"I got lost and a hooker tried to kiss me"