Mlg Officially drops Halo 4

#61__balePosted 1/19/2013 2:14:01 PM
TwoStrikes94 posted...
i dont think its because the game sucks

and because there are still people in the world who cant understand why someone would choose to play the same game to make money and challenge themselves instead of jumping to every single new release spending 60 dollars a pop

get out of here
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#62SmittyBeans05Posted 1/19/2013 2:24:55 PM
Well, as someone said earlier, MLG is a minority group within Halo's community. I never understood why people got upset when they realized that they are in the minority group and that they are not being catered to. I don't see anything wrong with trying to offer something for everyone, but let's not sit here and assume that it's a smart business model or logical to cater to the minority and not the majority. With that being said, I don't really care about MLG not supporting Halo. That's not to say I don't feel the pain of anyone looking forward to Halo 4 MLG things, me personally, I feel Meh about it. Also, Ive noticed that whenever "pros" or anyone with an axe to grind who loves MLG gets told or reminded that the MLG community is the minority that makes up a small (small in terms of the large majority of Halo 4 players who care not for MLG) percentage of Halo 4's total community they get angry and call people "bad kids" and such. I noticed this tactic in a similar debate about conspiracy theories and what not with the minority group claiming that the majority group were "sheeple". It seems like a school yard tactic, when you figure out that the opposition has more numbers than you or that the winning side isn't your side, you revert to saying "well, fine! I don't wanna play with stupid guys anyways. Your game is stupid anyways" I work with kids and I see emotional, immature 4th and 5th graders do the same thing one another. Just my thoughts.
---
"It was Kovacs who said "Mother" then, muffled under latex. It was Kovacs who closed his eyes. It was Rorschach who opened them again."
#63lderivedxPosted 1/19/2013 2:33:45 PM
r logical to cater to the minority and not the majority.

Why does everyone who uses this argument always assume the two are mutually exclusive?

Also, who is going to jump ship and play other games within a few weeks/months? The majority. Who will be left? The minority.
---
what do you expect from a gun (DMR) that has a krazy-straw for a barrel? - irishman5705
GT: i derive dx
#64yanksfan4247Posted 1/19/2013 2:54:34 PM
iRGush posted...
I don't get why people don't see this as a bad sign, halo has been at every MLG event except for 2 in all of MLG history, even reach got 6 events. It just furthur proves the game sucks

it would have been in if it wasn't for infinity challenge
---
http://gamercards.exophase.com/69396.png
#65SmittyBeans05Posted 1/19/2013 2:55:50 PM
lderivedx posted...
r logical to cater to the minority and not the majority.

Why does everyone who uses this argument always assume the two are mutually exclusive?

Also, who is going to jump ship and play other games within a few weeks/months? The majority. Who will be left? The minority.

I disagree, your assuming that the majority of players that make up Halo's community are maybe "casual" ( I didn't wan't to have to say it) in the sense that they will be gone and on to the next flavor of the month. If the majority of Halo players are not MLG you can't just say that once they leave or move on whoever is left, the minority, will sustain the game. I mean, it's the same thing they said about Reach and the numbers were nice and steady, even surpassing Halo 3 (people always forget that fact about Reach's numbers vs Halo 3's) I only bring that up because it you claim that for some reason the majority of the community will jump ship leaving who? Hardcore MLG players? No, that has not happened with any other Halo game. It s like saying "oh no the minority group is leaving and they will take the majority of players with them." Halo will be fine because the majority of it's community only care about a few things and if you can keep them happy the game will be fine in terms of longevity.
---
"It was Kovacs who said "Mother" then, muffled under latex. It was Kovacs who closed his eyes. It was Rorschach who opened them again."
#66xPixelatedxPosted 1/19/2013 3:02:32 PM
BigCatFive posted...

First, 343 alienated the community. Next, 343 ignored the community.

Kind of like Bungie used to do on a regular basis? Apparently you never visited their message boards and completely forgot all the venom and anger directed towards that company during Halo 2, 3, and reach.

Then, 343 admits to a number of problems within the game.

At least they did, Bungie never admitted to anything... ANYTHING. That's not very respectable behavior, in fact it's kind of juvenile.

As for this MLG thing, it doesn't matter in the slightest. There isn't an MLG playlist yet, and what this really means is now there won't be one. At the end of the day, there are no poops to be given. It's not like this game could have been truly competitive anyway, no Halo game ever has been because matchmaking isn't competitive. Competitive implies a fair environment, and that can only be achieved through Lan or dedicated servers. Halo and CoD always have one or two people who can kill everyone else with one less shot from (insert any gun here). That's how host works, it's not competitive at all. Halo has always just been a game about goofing off, and playing Big team battle in any Halo game will show you just how competitive the community is, which isn't very. Everyone is just trying to be as silly as possible.
#67lderivedxPosted 1/19/2013 3:14:16 PM
Hardcore MLG players?

I haven't claimed that.

But it's not disputable that the majority has jumped ship when 400k people were online at first, now the game is lucky to break 100k concurrent players. That's what a majority is: the largest group, the group that is no longer playing.

I have made no claim about which minority is keeping the game alive, but it's also irrelevant. The fact is that it is that minorities keeping the game alive and to not cater to them will only hurt the game more.
---
If you still have any problems with my post I highly recommend you get over it. - Navex
GT: i derive dx
#68TwoStrikes94Posted 1/19/2013 4:25:14 PM
there's no reason to play this game without MLG imo

would rather just stick with sc2 or if I were to move games it would be to take over league instead.

which kind of sucks since halo is a much easier game
---
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
#69OLDBOYviciousPosted 1/19/2013 5:06:00 PM
Cpt_of_Industry posted...
This is like when your friends tomagachi dies.

I was denied maternity leave at my job when my tomagatchi hatched, despite having benefits and filing all the proper paperwork. People never understood how important those things were.
---
Kids, you gotta keep your meat ice cold!
#70VectorChaosPosted 1/19/2013 5:59:15 PM
And nothing of value was lost.
---
PSN: VectorChaos || WTF || XBL: Vector Chaos
I'm the best there is, plain and simple, I mean I wake up in the mornin' and I piss excellence.