Do you really think Halo is dead?

#1thedeerzordPosted 1/19/2013 6:49:01 PM
I do. After playing Halo 4. All of the other games have been completely ruined. Its not the story, multiplayer, or gameplay. Its the way it feels. Halo doesn't feel like Halo anymore. All of it is completely ruined.

The most important things that made Halo the way it is. Its was the way it felt. I will try to go a play Halo Reach or Anniversary. The thrill and fun is completely gone. Especially in Halo:CE. The story just feels so dead and emotionless.
---
I'm going to declare independence from the U.S. Then I'm going to shoot myself. Creating the shortest civil war in the history of man kind.
#2shinigamiefaPosted 1/19/2013 7:19:36 PM
Well, this instance of Halo may have some elements that I dislike (like ordinances and instant respawn) but I don't feel the game is at the point of no return.
---
---"One does never fail, but succeed in finding a solution that does not arrive at the desired result"---
#3wavelength28Posted 1/19/2013 7:20:15 PM
I sort of agree with you. I still play this game and still enjoy it, but it really doesn't feel like a Halo game to me.
#4iRGushPosted 1/19/2013 7:21:16 PM
in b4 delusional fanboys defending every aspect of this game even though they wouldn't be here if the cover of the game didn't say halo
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#5MlCKHEADPosted 1/19/2013 7:21:40 PM
Its on its way out, and if changes aren't made soon I think its done for.
---
GT: MlCKHEAD (the 'I' is actually an 'L')
#6sravankbPosted 1/19/2013 7:22:55 PM
It still feels like a Halo game to me. There's nothing out there like it. It's the only FPS game I actually like.

For some reason, I just can't enjoy the other ones. Besides the problem that most of them are military shooters, the presence of iron sights might be the main issue. They just completely destroy the flow of the game for me.
---
6 MONTHS!? Jesus that's a long attention span... I'm lucky if I can pay attention for more than
#7_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 1/19/2013 8:20:35 PM
Hmmm, I kind of disagree. To me, Halo is really still what it always had been. Though I am not sure whether the franchise is as big or popular as it once was.
---
I5 760 | GTX 560 Ti | 8GB RAM | 1TB 7200 rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Corsair K90 & M90 | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518
#8Sinna555Posted 1/19/2013 8:34:43 PM
The campaign still feels very Halo to me and it's possibly my favorite.

The matchmaking is garbage though, doesn't feel like Halo anymore and I honestly feel like because I'm closer than further to rank 130 that I'm playing to hit that then stop rather than just play for fun. I don't ever think "Finally! I can play some Halo!" like before, it's more like "Meh, I have nothing to do and I have a new CD to listen to, might as well play some Halo."
#9YellowPurplePosted 1/19/2013 8:51:22 PM
No. This game has flaws but it's a good game. There's really no other FPS like it. Most FPS today are the modern warfare types of realistic military shooter, like BF3 and COD and MOH.

Halo isn't as popular as it once was, but it really hasn't been since CoD4 anyway. This is nothing new.
#10SunDevil77Posted 1/19/2013 9:03:11 PM
no
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact