Halo 4 system link not joinable

#1sonic5231Posted 1/19/2013 10:22:30 PM
To clear up everything tried so far:
-both consoles do indeed have the system settings set to "system link" NOT to "my xbox 360"
-the connection itself works fine, we can see each other on the roster when we hit the "x" button while in Infinity
-we are using a central hub for the system link. green across the board. As i said, we see each other but it says "not joinable" with a padlock.
-We tried the advice given here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64545095 The problem is that we would go to network settings but there is no "advanced settings" option as stated. I get the options "wired network" or "wireless network." figuring "wired" we proceed to wired then to configure and when we finally get to "advanced settings" there is no setting for any "ad-hoc" network.
note: we cannot connect to xbox live

knowing all of this, can someone please help
#2Msheridan1990Posted 1/19/2013 10:26:26 PM
did u try smashing ur Xbox w/ a hammer lmfao
---
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#3MasterVadingPosted 1/19/2013 11:58:40 PM
Have you tried making a game and then clicking a player to join the game.
---
Try out Anarchy Reigns, you might like it.
PSN/GT: menvimacal
#4sonic5231(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 12:07:17 AM
I am not stupid thank you. I have tried both.
#5IncredigasmicPosted 1/20/2013 12:16:07 AM
sonic5231 posted...
-both consoles do indeed have the system settings set to "system link" NOT to "my xbox 360"
-the connection itself works fine, we can see each other on the roster when we hit the "x" button while in Infinity
-we are using a central hub for the system link. green across the board. As i said, we see each other but it says "not joinable" with a padlock.
-We tried the advice given here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/64545095 The problem is that we would go to network settings but there is no "advanced settings" option as stated. I get the options "wired network" or "wireless network." figuring "wired" we proceed to wired then to configure and when we finally get to "advanced settings" there is no setting for any "ad-hoc" network.

You have to ensure both 360s have the same version of Halo 4 on them. I.E. They both have to have the same updates for Halo 4. Whether it's the new Title Update or one of the older ones is irrelevant, but it has to be the same exact title update on both 360s or the system link won't work. Call of Duty, Battefield, & Halo Reach all worked in this manner too.
---
GT: Incredigasmic
Finished Pokemon Black National Dex @ 85 Hours and 15 minutes on 04/08/11!
#6goffballzPosted 1/20/2013 2:17:21 AM
Incredigasmic posted...
sonic5231 posted...

You have to ensure both 360s have the same version of Halo 4 on them. I.E. They both have to have the same updates for Halo 4. Whether it's the new Title Update or one of the older ones is irrelevant, but it has to be the same exact title update on both 360s or the system link won't work. Call of Duty, Battefield, & Halo Reach all worked in this manner too.

yup, need the same version. had the problem before
---
PSN/XBL: goffballz
Steam ID: goffball
#7sonic5231(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 8:35:23 AM
how would I go about checking? and how would i go about fixing it?
#8bd0g5Posted 1/20/2013 8:51:39 AM
flash

aaaa aaaaahhh

savior of the universe
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#9IncredigasmicPosted 1/20/2013 8:55:30 AM
sonic5231 posted...
how would I go about checking? and how would i go about fixing it?

You need to plug both 360s into Xbox LIVE and install the latest update.
---
GT: Incredigasmic
Finished Pokemon Black National Dex @ 85 Hours and 15 minutes on 04/08/11!
#10sonic5231(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 9:27:03 AM
did you miss the whole "we cant connect to xbox live" thing?