How did this game die so quickly?

#11Hawke0Posted 1/20/2013 9:22:07 AM
Real FPS aren't very popular any more, most people would rather play spunkgarglewee games like CoD.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#12phillyeagles123Posted 1/20/2013 9:25:51 AM
Lack of maps, lack of playlists, and COD being as popular as it is.
#13MGSSolidSnakePosted 1/20/2013 9:27:19 AM
I like how people forget how bad the H3 melee system was on launch and the bodies flying across the map physics. But really I think what makes and breaks these console FPS are the maps, and H3's maps were stronger than H4's on launch.
---
I <3 AK
#14H3YGUYS34Posted 1/20/2013 9:28:28 AM
True but i didn't really like halo 3's last level but a it was definetly on my top 20. The problem with halo 4 is that:

1) The file shares broken
2)To many glitches
3)Rotational playlists for bad playlist did not happen.

I'm excited for grifball, team snipers, and team doubles because never got a chance to play it and it seems to be fairly popular amongst halo fans.
---
Eating broccoli is good for your health but wings, donuts, cookies, and brownies are good for a spartans health while playing with himself (On halo).
#15gsninjaPosted 1/20/2013 9:31:27 AM
phillyeagles123 posted...
Lack of maps, lack of playlists, and COD being as popular as it is.

Exactly this.

Saying Halo 4 is dead is a complete exaggeration, but it's really those three reasons that are making it suffer. The maps in BTIS are particularly bad; it certainly says something when Ragnarok is the best map on the entire playlist and I don't even wanna vote for it because it and Exile are nearly all I play on.
---
3DS FC - 5455 9389 5386 | GT: GB2TheKitchen
Ooo make it bounce, baby.
#16SmittyBeans05Posted 1/20/2013 9:33:21 AM
MGSSolidSnake posted...
I like how people forget how bad the H3 melee system was on launch and the bodies flying across the map physics. But really I think what makes and breaks these console FPS are the maps, and H3's maps were stronger than H4's on launch.

Yeah something like this. Halo 3 will never happen again in terms of hype and timing, sequel to the blockbuster Halo 2 and it was coming out on the next generation system. To compare it to 4 is silly but number wise there are many reason for population decline. I want to make sure all the Halo 4 haters are around in a year when the game will still be thriving. I mean remember the Reach board when withing the first few months everyone cried "look at the numbers, halo is dead!" And it totally didn't die. Silly.
---
"It was Kovacs who said "Mother" then, muffled under latex. It was Kovacs who closed his eyes. It was Rorschach who opened them again."
#17SinisterBladePosted 1/20/2013 9:49:44 AM
Supreme frustration.

I never thought I would lose my desire to play a halo title so quickly. Clearly my unwavering trust in 343 was misplaced.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#18The_TyPosted 1/20/2013 9:51:23 AM
It died? funny, I never have any problem getting a game going >_>
---
Natural Born Heels
Without straight shooters, no one hits any targets
#19Metal_MercenaryPosted 1/20/2013 11:48:26 AM
It's not dead, it's just significantly less popular than its predecessors. I've never had trouble getting a game, but the population has consistently been under 100k. Halo 3 was popular because it came out at the right time like several others have said. It didn't have the extremely popular Call of Duty to compete with, and was the first Halo game on a 7th gen console. There wasn't nearly as much hype for Halo 4 as there was for Halo 3. I didn't even have an Xbox 360 at the time, and I remember the excitement before the game came out.
---
"The Great Depression ended when Dave Mustaine decided that business was good."- ysqure3
#20darealest47Posted 1/20/2013 12:23:43 PM
iRGush posted...
because the game is bad

---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec