How did this game die so quickly?

#21metalclashPosted 1/20/2013 1:32:28 PM
darealest47 posted...
iRGush posted...
because the game is bad

---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.
#22SahdukPosted 1/20/2013 1:38:10 PM
I feel colder without you
---
"I got lost and a hooker tried to kiss me"
#23KageNoSenshiPosted 1/20/2013 1:40:04 PM
#19 Metal_Mercenary Posted
It's not dead, it's just significantly less popular than its predecessors. I've never had trouble getting a game, but the population has consistently been under 100k. Halo 3 was popular because it came out at the right time like several others have said. It didn't have the extremely popular Call of Duty to compete with, and was the first Halo game on a 7th gen console. There wasn't nearly as much hype for Halo 4 as there was for Halo 3. I didn't even have an Xbox 360 at the time, and I remember the excitement before the game came out.

Of course. That must explain why Halo 4 made an extra $50 million on launch day compared to Halo 3 on its launch day.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#24SahdukPosted 1/20/2013 1:41:09 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
It's not dead, it's just significantly less popular than its predecessors. I've never had trouble getting a game, but the population has consistently been under 100k. Halo 3 was popular because it came out at the right time like several others have said. It didn't have the extremely popular Call of Duty to compete with, and was the first Halo game on a 7th gen console. There wasn't nearly as much hype for Halo 4 as there was for Halo 3. I didn't even have an Xbox 360 at the time, and I remember the excitement before the game came out.

Of course. That must explain why Halo 4 made an extra $50 million on launch day compared to Halo 3 on its launch day.

and has less people playing it daily than halo 3 did years after it came out :33 neko neko face nya kitty purr
---
"I got lost and a hooker tried to kiss me"
#25BigCatFivePosted 1/20/2013 3:02:46 PM(edited)
MoeLester518 posted...
BigCatFive posted...
I blame 343.

3 months for a legitimate update? They sold us a Beta. Not to mention they can't even make playlists properly.... They sold a map pack tho

3 months isn't even that long. Halo 3's first title update was 5 months after release.

I hate people like you. I really do. You just pick and choose what you want to read.

HALO 3 HAD A BETA. WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
#26JackhammerM60Posted 1/20/2013 3:07:01 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#27LTferretPosted 1/20/2013 3:35:13 PM
Hawke0 posted...
Real FPS aren't very popular any more, most people would rather play spunkgarglewee games like CoD.

****!!!
That stupid term is spreading!
---
Why do people run from me?
#28SoF-RamboPosted 1/20/2013 3:39:00 PM
EDarien posted...
Nostalgia coupled with diminished attention spans. It's not the game, it's the people.

This.

This nostalgia thing needs to go.

Also, can you still find matches to play online? Yes? Then it's not dead. 20 people online at peak XBL hours is dead.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier
Current Most Played : Mass Effect 3, Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, and WWE 12.
#29Minjo26Posted 1/20/2013 3:39:48 PM
Yeah it's pretty much because the game is bad.
#30LoneWolf4545Posted 1/20/2013 4:15:15 PM(edited)
KageNoSenshi posted...

It helps when there are basically 40 million more 360's out now than there were when halo 3 came out.