How did this game die so quickly?

#31enterthemadroxPosted 1/20/2013 4:14:59 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
#19 Metal_Mercenary Posted
It's not dead, it's just significantly less popular than its predecessors. I've never had trouble getting a game, but the population has consistently been under 100k. Halo 3 was popular because it came out at the right time like several others have said. It didn't have the extremely popular Call of Duty to compete with, and was the first Halo game on a 7th gen console. There wasn't nearly as much hype for Halo 4 as there was for Halo 3. I didn't even have an Xbox 360 at the time, and I remember the excitement before the game came out.

Of course. That must explain why Halo 4 made an extra $50 million on launch day compared to Halo 3 on its launch day.

It probably made that much money because it was a Halo game but I agree with the other dude, Halo 3 ads were all over the place but I only saw the Halo 4 commercial start showing on tv 7 days before release and not that often.

The game isn't dead though and it also doesn't suck.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#32Firespray85Posted 1/20/2013 4:32:37 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#33BlueRunway05Posted 1/20/2013 4:39:02 PM
EDarien posted...
Nostalgia coupled with diminished attention spans. It's not the game, it's the people.

I would say this. I noticed a lot of good games that are popular are out now, and that plays a factor. Halo had a huge name that was displayed all across the country back in 2004 and 2007. It's hard to compromise your attention for games now. For example, Minecraft, Diablo 3, Skyrim, CoD BO2, Gears of War 3, Max Payne 3, Uncharted, Super Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and on. There's a bunch of creative games now as I'm still playing Dark Souls, Black Ops 2, Halo 4, Gears of War 3, Forza Motorsport, Pokemon, Megaman, Super Meat Boy, and Morrowind.

Halo is accompanied by many popular games that would form a giant cloud in the sky.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#34KageNoSenshiPosted 1/20/2013 4:59:15 PM(edited)
#30 LoneWolf4545 Posted
It helps when there are basically 40 million more 360's out now than there were when halo 3 came out.

You're right, that probably is a significant factor.

...But that has nothing to do with the fact that more people bought it yet way less people play it.

#31 enterthemadrox Posted
It probably made that much money because it was a Halo game but I agree with the other dude, Halo 3 ads were all over the place but I only saw the Halo 4 commercial start showing on tv 7 days before release and not that often.

The game isn't dead though and it also doesn't suck.

That's funny because I remember hype for Halo 4 since they announced it and everybody got excited about it, and that was prior to the release of Halo: CE: AE.

And this game is terrible. This game's (online) multiplayer is about as far from what makes Halo good (and what makes Halo Halo) while still being at all recognizable. And as someone who bought an Xbox specifically (and almost exclusively) for Halo CE, it's heartbreaking to see what they did to this game.

Also, this game's daily online population peaked at just over 400k and currently sits around 50k. That might as well be "critical condition" for a big name title, if we can't outright call it dead.

EDIT: P.S.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/65233783
#7 phillyeagles123 Posted

You could just use Firepower so you can have an AR as your primary, and a BR/DMR as your secondary if you get into a situation where the AR is useless. Just try to stay in close quarters situations so you can use the AR to its fullest.

This is why this game sucks now.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#35NauticalDisastaPosted 1/20/2013 5:21:24 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Also, this game's daily online population peaked at just over 400k and currently sits around 50k. That might as well be "critical condition" for a big name title, if we can't outright call it dead.

When Halo 5 releases it will sell as much as, if not more, than Halo 4 did. The online population of a game does not dictate whether a game is dead or not. 343 is a business first and foremost. They have accomplished exactly what they wanted with Halo 4 and will cater to the fans as little as necessary. I imagine everyone in this thread is still playing this game on a daily basis. If so, the game is far from dead to you.
---
"Either it'll move me, or it'll move right though me. Fully. Completely." - Gordon Downie
360/Steam= NauticalDisasta
#36KageNoSenshiPosted 1/20/2013 6:02:48 PM
And you would be wrong. Aside from playing the campaign co-op at a friends house, I played online multiplayer on this game twice and was absolutely disgusted with it. The only reason I'm posting here so often is because I'm at the computer anyway doing homework and you guys make an amusing distraction during breaks.

Halo 5 probably will sell as much. That's because people tend to be stupid and don't realize that just because you don't like something doesn't mean it will change when it's still profitable for the creators to not change it. The community has already spoken w/ their playtime, it waits to be seen whether they will speak w/ their wallets when it comes to DLC and Halo 5.

I know I've already been affected; Halo 5 will most certainly not be a day one purchase for me, and unless they can make a strong appeal for the game, it will be a non-purchase unless I really want to see the campaign in which case I can wait til the game is $20.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#37BigCatFivePosted 1/20/2013 6:04:20 PM
You can't project Halo 5 sales until we anything about the new Xbox. If it comes out before PS4 (which is very unlikely), or is very expensive at launch will obviously cloud any projections for what will happen to it sales wise.

People will not buy the game if they do not own the system. It is safe to assume less people will own the new system compared to the amount of people that own a 360 at the time of Halo 4's launch.

In short, I doubt Halo 5 will out sell Halo 4.
#38KageNoSenshiPosted 1/20/2013 6:18:01 PM
^The fact that you doubt Halo 5's ability to move nextgen Xbox units already speaks volumes.

Which is kind of sad because Halo is probably the main reason to own an Xbox outside of Kinect. If PS4 comes out first and Halo 5 can't be relied upon to get Xboxes off the shelves, Microsoft may stand to struggle greatly early on unless their motion capture device will be available at launch.
---
#39BigCatFivePosted 1/20/2013 6:33:29 PM(edited)
^^^^^
No I doubt the economy, and the common families ability to cough up $600+ for a video game

EDIT: also since they are building Halo around the "casual" gamer, they are not the target day one buyers of new systems. That is why the Wii sold so well, and the Xbox 360/ PS3 did not take off until price drops. They changed the target market for Halo. However, it will sell to the people, like us, on game forums
#40Liquid Snake2Posted 1/20/2013 6:56:11 PM
Its ****
---
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."
Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Guneagle01