How did this game die so quickly?

#41sdchiPosted 1/20/2013 6:00:50 PM
Its not nearly as good as the other Halo games. Well, except for Reach. But IMO this game doesn't even play like a Halo game. I haven't played it much at all in the last month.
#42EDarienPosted 1/20/2013 6:33:17 PM
Firespray85 posted...
To the poster with the nostalgia comment. You're a moron. Simple as that. The game is bad. Nobody is playing this thus no followers thus no MLG. I would take the Halo 2 modding experience over this garbage any day. I might play cheaters every other game but at least I play a good solid game.

You thinking it's the "quality" of the game that's keeping Halo out of MLG is laughable. But if you insist on playing Halo 2, then go right ahead. Nobody is stopping you. However, if you're still playing Halo 4, coming here to the boards to talk about it, and care so much that it wasn't put in MLG then it's clearly not that bad of a game, now is it?

I'm not saying Halo 4 is without flaws. What I am saying is that nostalgia mixed with the current attention span in the main gaming ages of 14-25 is going to hurt sales of any game. Coupled with the fact that most in those age brackets are also getting games from their parents who aren't springing for a lot of new games, so some don't make the cut. An allowance only buys so many games.

Halo 2/3 were also great games, but the fact is that while they were the current Halo, there were complaints about them, too. It's the same thing that's happened to WoW since there were expansions. Older players always talking about how great it was "back in my day." That's normal, not just in gaming, but in life. The fact that you're either too young, too stupid or both to realize this doesn't make me a moron; it makes you childish. As does your unnecessary name-calling in lieu of intelligent argument. I've been playing video games since the 80s and nostalgia is a powerful emotion. Only a few games that came out a long time ago stand the test of time. Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Metal Gear Solid to name a few. There's a reason they keep making new versions of these games, though. First, they make money. Second, they improve them. But by all means, if you want to go play the older Halo games, and that entails then I hope you have fun. Nobody playing in the current generation of gaming will miss you.
---
Lali-ho!
#43KageNoSenshiPosted 1/20/2013 7:12:51 PM
^LOLWUT?

You are so far off base it's ridiculous. How can you blame it on sales when Halo 4's launch day sales surpassed Halo 3's?

People keep trying to make excuses for why people didn't buy Halo 4. It's not that people didn't buy it. It's that the people who did buy it AREN'T PLAYING IT. They aren't playing it because it's terribad. You can keep trying to justify it with the poor economy and lack of attention span and a diluted market but the fact of the matter is that people who were anxiously awaiting this game got their hands on it and then found it unworthy to play.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#44lderivedxPosted 1/20/2013 7:20:50 PM
Don't worry everybody, the guy who says he's been gaming for a long time (thus implied he knows what he's talking about) is insulting you for your lack of intelligent arguments.

Wait.
---
[Jesse,] you need to stop noscoping me though its really infuriating, that time you jumped from ring 2, no scoped me, and picked up camo, i about died IRL -bale
#45EDarienPosted 1/20/2013 7:23:57 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
^LOLWUT?

You are so far off base it's ridiculous. How can you blame it on sales when Halo 4's launch day sales surpassed Halo 3's?

People keep trying to make excuses for why people didn't buy Halo 4. It's not that people didn't buy it. It's that the people who did buy it AREN'T PLAYING IT. They aren't playing it because it's terribad. You can keep trying to justify it with the poor economy and lack of attention span and a diluted market but the fact of the matter is that people who were anxiously awaiting this game got their hands on it and then found it unworthy to play.

And yet, here you still are. All of you complaining about how "terribad" the game is, still playing, still posting and still giving it your attention. Your argument holds no water.

The bulk of this board's regulars sit here spouting, "This game is horrible!" while simultaneously grouping up and playing the game.
---
Lali-ho!
#46lderivedxPosted 1/20/2013 7:29:06 PM
I would think that people could point out the massive drop in the online population regardless of whether or not they still played it or not.
---
You hate even numbers? Are you one of those people that only eats certain colors of M&Ms? -skiergamer23
GT: i derive dx
#47KageNoSenshiPosted 1/20/2013 7:57:36 PM
Oh really? I'm playing Halo 4 huh? Someone must have hacked my account then because I'm playing XCOM on PS3 right now... maybe I should give Microsoft's customer service a call...

I don't play this trash. What brought me to this board in the first place was a question of whether or not you need to unlock everything for local play, because if you don't that's the only thing that would even salvage this game and convince me to play it at all. And my topic still has yet to get a straight answer. But tbh just the prospect of playing Call of Halo 4 is very unappealing.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#48xplayer55Posted 1/20/2013 8:18:46 PM
iRGush posted...
because the game is bad

Story of Halo 4's life.
---
I'll Bing your Yahoo with my Google...
Currently Playing: A Game
#49xplayer55Posted 1/20/2013 8:19:54 PM
MoeLester518 posted...
BigCatFive posted...
I blame 343.

3 months for a legitimate update? They sold us a Beta. Not to mention they can't even make playlists properly.... They sold a map pack tho

.Halo 3's first title update was 5 months after release.

That's because Halo 3 wasn't rushed that it needed a TU that soon.
---
I'll Bing your Yahoo with my Google...
Currently Playing: A Game
#50Knight_Rider_3KPosted 1/20/2013 8:22:31 PM
Maybe they are playing other games modes like campaign and spartan ops. In any case, its doing fine in the #4 spot in the rankings. Anywhere in the top ten is great.
---
You may beat me at a game, but with my smoking hot wife, I win at life.