How did this game die so quickly?

#51lderivedxPosted 1/20/2013 9:24:24 PM
Anywhere in the top ten is great.

And this is the group that's currently playing Halo 4: the group with low standards.
---
wait so you called final charming? i think your flirting. tc is also a pedo. aware child agencies immediately - Shrub
GT: i derive dx
#52lron_SpidermanPosted 1/20/2013 9:41:02 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#53lron_SpidermanPosted 1/20/2013 9:41:17 PM
iRGush posted...
because the game is bad

You're bad!

Don't you have anything better to do apart from stating how bad you think this game is?
#54KageNoSenshiPosted 1/20/2013 9:45:45 PM
#50 Knight_Rider_3K Posted
Maybe they are playing other games modes like campaign and spartan ops. In any case, its doing fine in the #4 spot in the rankings. Anywhere in the top ten is great.

Wait you have to be playing multiplayer to register on the online population now?

I thought before as long as you were signed into XBL it registered no matter what you were playing.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#55xboxchampPosted 1/20/2013 9:54:13 PM
Halo 4 died because it's overall experience is rather bland.

Campaign is extremely boring after the first few play throughs (no scoring/ no fun easter eggs)

Multiplayer is the same experience that every other game offers. Yes you can cite differences, but the overall experience is no longer significantly different from competing titles.

Spartan Ops doesn't offer a challenge, nor a reward.

It's a solid title, it just doesn't stand out like it used to. No extra reason to play it means gamers will just play whatever their friends play, which is usually call of duty.
---
nothing can be seen if nothing is there. You never saw me, I was never here.
GT: MrFantastic205
#56KageNoSenshiPosted 1/20/2013 10:01:33 PM
^The underlying flaw in trying to compete w/ COD by being more COD-like.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#57ZeroSkyPosted 1/20/2013 10:57:25 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
#50 Knight_Rider_3K Posted
Maybe they are playing other games modes like campaign and spartan ops. In any case, its doing fine in the #4 spot in the rankings. Anywhere in the top ten is great.

Wait you have to be playing multiplayer to register on the online population now?

I thought before as long as you were signed into XBL it registered no matter what you were playing.

It still works that way as far as I can tell, hence Skyrim being #7. So anyone playing campaign still counts. (as would Spartan Ops, since you have to have Gold to even play it in single-player)
#58bd0gPosted 1/20/2013 11:04:29 PM
lron_Spiderman posted...
iRGush posted...
because the game is bad

You're bad!

Don't you have anything better to do apart from stating how bad you think this game is?

He probably did a lot of stuff after taking the 5 seconds out of his day to make that post.
#59RanmaRanmaPosted 1/21/2013 3:11:19 AM(edited)
I was tooting this game's horn when it came out, but I've taken a couple of months off to focus on other things. I returned today, to find that the game has devolved into a very scrubish shooter. Pretty much everyone I fought today was using invisi and boltshot. Is that what the game's all about now? The maps were already pretty bad, but if the intricacies of precision weapon based battles and skillful competition are absent too, then I'll just return to Halo 3.

In the end, if the game's not fun, I won't continue playing it. Also, the map pack was just atrocious. I deleted it just so those maps won't show up in rotation for me. I've never done that before. Waste of $10. Maybe I'm old and grumpy. This game did have potential though.

Edit: the lack of playlists also hurts. No team doubles, snipers or griffball? I don't understand the map rotation system. 343 doesn't want to divide the userbase too much? Well, if people quit because their favorite playlists are absent, then that only divides the userbase more. Many people who put a game down for 2 months like I did don't come back, and won't even know those playlists were added. Then they get removed soon after. It's just dumb.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#60lderivedxPosted 1/21/2013 3:07:36 AM
I was tooting this game's horn when it came out

I defended Diablo 3 before it came out. Believe me, I know what it's like. XD
---
XD your logic is beyond flawless. In fact, it's so far beyond flawless that it's gone full circle and become completely moronic. - Burnzie