So I went back to Reach for a minute.

#1A_Dirty_LiberalPosted 1/21/2013 7:20:51 AM
It's kinda nice. It feels like 343 took everything bad about Reach (armor abilities) and the minor faults of halo 3 (because let's face it, there's nothing severely bad about H3), and called it Halo 4.
---
Gold Guns in MW3: All of Them
#2gOwCoD4Posted 1/21/2013 7:29:53 AM
I may possibly be the only one who actually likes Halo 4 more than Halo 2 and 3. Halo CE multiplayer on the PC was far superior though, especially on the bigger servers. Nothing said 'coordinated strike' like a longsword nuke in the enemy base.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#3KageNoSenshiPosted 1/21/2013 7:41:37 AM
In some way I feel like I can argue that it's Bungie's fault that Halo 4 is so bad. Largely because even though Halo 3 was by no means bad game, I don't think it made progress in the right direction from Halo 2. Halo 2 certainly had things that needed to be fixed, but at the core of the game Halo 2 was immensely fun, and the tweaks and fixes they added (to the gameplay, not so much lobbies and the such, because those pretty much improved across the board) didn't capitalize on the main aspects that made 2 so much fun in the first place.

As the series progressed, it got further and further from what made 2 the must-have experience on XBL (and gaming in general), until it got to the point where the very soul of the series has been stripped away. And unfortunately COD4 got its foot in the door right as this process started, so now COD is the mega blockbuster on the scene.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#4__balePosted 1/21/2013 7:45:10 AM
A_Dirty_Liberal posted...
the minor faults of halo 3 (because let's face it, there's nothing severely bad about H3)

-br spread
-net code
-player movement (including strafing)
-maps (rats nest, epitaph, avalanche, blackout, ghost town, high ground, isolation, last resort, longshore, ORBITAL, snowbound, and standoff are all GARBAGE maps)
-aiming
-the sandbox

all of those aspects are absurdly horrible
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#5gOwCoD4Posted 1/21/2013 7:49:13 AM
__bale posted...
-br spread
-net code
-player movement (including strafing)
-maps (rats nest, epitaph, avalanche, blackout, ghost town, high ground, isolation, last resort, longshore, ORBITAL, snowbound, and standoff are all GARBAGE maps)
-aiming
-the sandbox

all of those aspects are absurdly horrible

Sounds like you hate the game.

Blackout, Avalanche, High Ground and Last Resort were good maps though. The others aren't that bad, but some are kinda garbage.
---
#6__balePosted 1/21/2013 7:53:46 AM
gOwCoD4 posted...

Sounds like you hate the game.

Blackout, Avalanche, High Ground and Last Resort were good maps though. The others aren't that bad, but some are kinda garbage.

halo 3 is BY FAR the most overrated video game of all time. i used to always say it was halo 2, but that was back before all these h3 kids appeared out of nowhere and claim that its somehow the greatest game of all time. its ****ing terrible. its so so so so so so so bad. seriously there is not one single aspect of the game itself that was done well. at all. the matchmaking playlists were well done, but that is not the game itself.
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#7gOwCoD4Posted 1/21/2013 8:00:35 AM
__bale posted...
halo 3 is BY FAR the most overrated video game of all time. i used to always say it was halo 2, but that was back before all these h3 kids appeared out of nowhere and claim that its somehow the greatest game of all time. its ****ing terrible. its so so so so so so so bad. seriously there is not one single aspect of the game itself that was done well. at all. the matchmaking playlists were well done, but that is not the game itself.

So, yeah, you hate the game.

Halo 3 was fun. I had fun with it. All my friends had fun with it. I have fond memories of the game. I'm not saying it's the best or worst in any way, shape or form (be it technical, enjoyment-factor or overall quality), i'm just saying that I had fun with it.

You just seem to avoid having fun at all with the game for some odd reason. You remind me of one of my old friends, always on Reddit, making his own opinions based on that of internet consensus instead of his own judgement. He eventually transformed into a cynical hipster snob that only drinks coffee from starbucks.
---
#8__balePosted 1/21/2013 8:04:39 AM(edited)
gOwCoD4 posted...
]Halo 3 was fun. I had fun with it. All my friends had fun with it. I have fond memories of the game. I'm not saying it's the best or worst in any way, shape or form (be it technical, enjoyment-factor or overall quality), i'm just saying that I had fun with it.

You just seem to avoid having fun at all with the game for some odd reason. You remind me of one of my old friends, always on Reddit, making his own opinions based on that of internet consensus instead of his own judgement. He eventually transformed into a cynical hipster snob that only drinks coffee from starbucks.

i had 3 years of awesome fun with that game. i probably played 20,000 games of h3, at least. where did i ever say i didnt enjoy the game? TC simply said that the game had no flaws and i just had to point out to him how much the game itself sucks from a FPS perspective.
---
#9Emerald_WyvernPosted 1/21/2013 8:51:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Emerald_WyvernPosted 1/21/2013 8:51:35 AM
__bale posted...
gOwCoD4 posted...
]Halo 3 was fun. I had fun with it. All my friends had fun with it. I have fond memories of the game. I'm not saying it's the best or worst in any way, shape or form (be it technical, enjoyment-factor or overall quality), i'm just saying that I had fun with it.

i had 3 years of awesome fun with that game. i probably played 20,000 games of h3, at least. where did i ever say i didnt enjoy the game? TC simply said that the game had no flaws and i just had to point out to him how much the game itself sucks from a FPS perspective.

Trrroooooollllllllll.

Halo 3 for best Halo.
---
"Hey I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan.. as a drying pan!" - Brock