So I went back to Reach for a minute.

#41KageNoSenshiPosted 1/22/2013 7:20:09 AM
I may have to go back to Reach as well... I haven't played it seriously since a few months before BF3 came out.

I imagine ZBNS = Zero Bloom, No Sprint? Does that mean other AAs are still present?

And it sucks that they couldn't just fix bloom. Bloom wasn't a bad idea, they just implemented it wrong.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#42sravankbPosted 1/22/2013 7:25:59 AM
I was on the Reach boards when the game came out. People hated it and wanted to play H3.

I am on the H4 boards. People hate it and want to play Reach.

GameFAQs, ladies and gentlemen.
---
6 MONTHS!? Jesus that's a long attention span... I'm lucky if I can pay attention for more than
#43ST_ZeroPosted 1/22/2013 7:29:02 AM
gOwCoD4 posted...
I may possibly be the only one who actually likes Halo 4 more than Halo 2 and 3. Halo CE multiplayer on the PC was far superior though, especially on the bigger servers. Nothing said 'coordinated strike' like a longsword nuke in the enemy base.

Thats because you're bad.
---
One of the best at halo that graced gamefaqs. I give halo lessons for MS points, msg me.
#44__balePosted 1/22/2013 7:47:22 AM
lderivedx posted...
I think he means ZBNS Reach, which fixes a lot (not all) of the major issues.

yes, thats what i was referring to. what other major issues does reach have, as of the TU?

TU (no bloom no sprint reach) has:

-decent player movement (h2 wins in this regard)
-great aiming physics (not much aim magnetism, little aim acceleration - wipes the floor with h2 here)
-very balanced sandbox (DMR works in all situations very effectively, though rockets, snipes, plasma pistol, grenade launcher all have their niche)
-average maps (zeal/sanc/beav creek hill are all very good maps, h2 wins in this regard but not as easily as most people claim. h2 had midship and warlock over reach and thats it. lockout is not a good competitive map.
-very good netcode, no real host advantage online. (kills h2 again here)

h2 has button combos, so better CQC, better player movement, and slightly better maps.
reach has better aiming, better sandbox, and better netcode.

the two games are at least close. there is no way anyone who is not blinded by nostalgia could say TU reach is far worse than 2. maybe you had way more fun with 2, but that does not mean, competitively, its a way better game. i had way more fun with 3 than any other game ive ever played on live, but thats because of extenuating circumstances (first real online halo game, i was 15, etc), NOT because its an unbelievably great game. same goes for lots of people in h2 (and most people here for h3).
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#45Killean_NuggetsPosted 1/22/2013 7:52:32 AM
The only thing worth playing in Reach was MLG, the settings used in that playlist as well as the map rotation, made it far superior to the other playlists, which lets face it were pretty mediocre.

Also H3 had many issues.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#46__balePosted 1/22/2013 7:55:51 AM
Killean_Nuggets posted...
The only thing worth playing in Reach was MLG, the settings used in that playlist as well as the map rotation, made it far superior to the other playlists, which lets face it were pretty mediocre.

Also H3 had many issues.

i am only comparing MLG settings across the games. no reason to compare default reach to anything, of course it sucked.
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#47SahdukPosted 1/22/2013 7:57:43 AM
If you hate default reach you're just mad that you can't adapt to bloom. If you had any real skill you would adapt.
---
"I got lost and a hooker tried to kiss me"
#48SahdukPosted 1/22/2013 7:58:03 AM
Also, I made that post before and people actually agreed with me lolol
---
"I got lost and a hooker tried to kiss me"
#49KageNoSenshiPosted 1/22/2013 8:02:03 AM
#42 sravankb Posted
I was on the Reach boards when the game came out. People hated it and wanted to play H3.

I am on the H4 boards. People hate it and want to play Reach.

GameFAQs, ladies and gentlemen.

I have a theory for why this trend has continued throughout the series. It is more than nostalgia as far as I can tell. I discuss it here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632877-halo-4/65240459

However:
#44 __bale Posted
TU (no bloom no sprint reach) has:

-decent player movement (h2 wins in this regard)
-great aiming physics (not much aim magnetism, little aim acceleration - wipes the floor with h2 here)
-very balanced sandbox (DMR works in all situations very effectively, though rockets, snipes, plasma pistol, grenade launcher all have their niche)
-average maps (zeal/sanc/beav creek hill are all very good maps, h2 wins in this regard but not as easily as most people claim. h2 had midship and warlock over reach and thats it. lockout is not a good competitive map.
-very good netcode, no real host advantage online. (kills h2 again here)

By this description, this almost makes me regret having made the switch to BF:BC2 when I did. This does sound pretty good. I will have to get back on it next time I have the opportunity.

But yeah, is sprint removed completely? And the rest of the AAs? I actually like sprint, hate to see it removed completely but it's obviously not a deal breaker for me either.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#50KageNoSenshiPosted 1/22/2013 8:04:11 AM
#47 Sahduk Posted
If you hate default reach you're just mad that you can't adapt to bloom. If you had any real skill you would adapt.

No, bloom sucked because it was improperly implemented. People hated it because it didn't work in a way that truly encouraged controlled use of the weapon.
---