seriously, why can't we make custom controls?

#1TheConstablePosted 1/21/2013 10:17:20 AM
I want my melee to be left trigger and grenade right bumper, but when I pick the boxer control set up it inexplicably swapped crouch and sprint. so if i want to be more combat effective i lose ease of mobility

i know theres nothing i can do about it i just kinda felt like venting on that dumb move
---
So he said, "Do you love me?" and she said, "No, but that's a real nice ski mask!"
#2MephystoPosted 1/21/2013 11:27:51 AM(edited)
I used boxer with Reach, but boxer wasn't working out for me in this game either due to how they mapped some of the other functions. I switched to fishstick. If nothing else, i'm used to that button layout from having played CoD before, so i didn't have to re-commit new schemes to muscle memory this time around with that change - i'll take that.

But i see where you're coming from. It really sucks that for as far as games have come, in the year 2013, we're STILL stuck with having to use these stupid preset control schemes over being able to choose our own custom button layouts. PC games had these customization options, what, 20 years ago?

Hell, the Star Wars Battlefront series let you do custom button mapping on console... why have these other AAA game companies had such a hard time catching on to this concept? Are they just braindead in this area?
#3Hawke0Posted 1/21/2013 11:27:35 AM
Even 6.5-7.5/10 Wii FPS developed on a low budget allow completely remappable controls. These are games with ridiculously high budgets on a controller type that we have been using since the PS1, it's inexcusable.
---
Monster Hunter Tri is one of the best Capcom games of this generation.
Of course, that's not saying much.
#4X250Posted 1/21/2013 11:40:15 AM
Because they want you to play the game their way, not yours.
#5SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/21/2013 11:49:22 AM
Boxer is the way to go; Melee, shooting, nades all without taking your hand off the stick? Win win.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux