2.2 GB? What the ****?!

#21Assembler114Posted 1/21/2013 1:05:13 PM
VectorChaos posted...
ITT: Other DLC does not consume hard drive space, magically existing on your console through sorcery.

That's how the original xbox was, that thing never ran out of blocks!
---
Nintendo finally admitted that the Wii does not satisfy core gamers as much as casual players.~SF_Baha
That made Nintendo's E3 for me.
#22UltimaWielderPosted 1/21/2013 1:07:04 PM
I don't understand why people cry about hard drive space.

Seriously they're not expensive. I got my 250gig for maybe 80 dollars.
---
Gamertag - FuFuCuddlyP00PS
PSN - HitenMitsurugiX
#23enterthemadroxPosted 1/21/2013 1:11:34 PM
Assembler114 posted...
VectorChaos posted...
ITT: Other DLC does not consume hard drive space, magically existing on your console through sorcery.

That's how the original xbox was, that thing never ran out of blocks!

We used to joke about the original Xbox ads and the "Jump in" slogan by saying that judging by the size of the console, you probably could. Use it to house a family of five.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#24SpiduxLimitless(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 1:15:38 PM
From: bhaalsmasher | Posted: 1/21/2013 12:51:16 PM | #020
So, since when did people start *****ing about bigger updates instead of praising them? The gaming community will complain about anything these days.

Well, my point is that I already bought the game and installed a huge file to play spartan ops... It's bad enough I can't even play that content without the internet and a gold membership, but I have to turn around and download another 2 gig file to finish the first season? They couldn't have had it all on disc at launch? Really?
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#25SunDevil77Posted 1/21/2013 1:22:39 PM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
From: bhaalsmasher | Posted: 1/21/2013 12:51:16 PM | #020
So, since when did people start *****ing about bigger updates instead of praising them? The gaming community will complain about anything these days.

Well, my point is that I already bought the game and installed a huge file to play spartan ops... It's bad enough I can't even play that content without the internet and a gold membership, but I have to turn around and download another 2 gig file to finish the first season? They couldn't have had it all on disc at launch? Really?

I would donate the extra 120 gig I got laying around, but it's at my beach house :/
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#26rincewind1990Posted 1/21/2013 1:28:57 PM

Wouldn't you still have had to install the extra 2 gigs even if it was on the disc at launch? So is the problem storage space or the fact that you have to download it?
#27BrakkisPosted 1/21/2013 1:51:37 PM
So we already had to download and install a huge ass file for Spartan Ops and for Multiplayer, now we have to download and install another 2 gigs for the rest of season 1 of spartan ops? Does 343 think we all just have unlimited space to download this crap for? Yeah yeah, I know, I should join the 250 gig master race, but Jesus Christ all of this is just too much for download! Hell, I don't even like Spartan Ops that much, the majority of the time I get my 5-10 kills in and let my son play the rest of the map.

I hate this current train of thought the Dev's seem to have "You paid for it but most of the content will be coming in various downloads over the course of weeks/months/years". It's crap! </pointless rant>

Had the files come on the disc, you would have needed the space same as you do now, being as they are a part of Spartan Ops and thus would require installing the Disc 2 content to play. So either way you'd need those 2.2 gigs. I don't see the purpose of your complaint with this knowledge.

Also, judging from the amount of content seen in just Episode 6, the extra space it's taking is well used.
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armors hollow on the hill.
#28SlimfosterPosted 1/21/2013 2:30:50 PM
I don't see the problem a couple GB is nothing to worry about to me
#29SahdukPosted 1/21/2013 2:33:37 PM
DUN DUN DUN DUNDUN CRAWLING IN MY SKIN
---
"I got lost and a hooker tried to kiss me"
#30SpiduxLimitless(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 2:53:04 PM(edited)
From: rincewind1990 | Posted: 1/21/2013 1:28:57 PM | #026

Wouldn't you still have had to install the extra 2 gigs even if it was on the disc at launch? So is the problem storage space or the fact that you have to download it?

That I had to take the time to download another big ass file.

But I will say that the two missions I played out of Ep 6 was pretty fun and the lag was almost a non-issue, that was a big surprise.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux