2.2 GB? What the ****?!

#41lderivedxPosted 1/22/2013 3:52:42 PM
What kind of an argument is that?

I dunno. You tell me: you made it up. It's certainly not the one I made.
---
I was a Captain Grade 3 back in Halo 3 and every other incredibly good player out there who didnt hack was at least an officer-Lawfish66
#42ssj3bladePosted 1/22/2013 3:52:52 PM
From: SpiduxLimitless | Posted: 1/22/2013 11:51:37 PM | #040
From: RODlMUS_PRlME | Posted: 1/22/2013 3:46:55 PM | #038
ITT dumb people that don't know you can resume a download in the dashboard at a much faster speed than downloading it in game

25 minute download for me, max. And only poor plebs have less than 100 gig drives.

I downloaded from the dashboard, I just hated the fact that I had to spend the time to download something I'm ultimately going to play very, very little. They should have just had eps 6-10 on disc (with a larger download) instead. Trivial, sure, but why make us download even more stuff later on when they could have had it in one nice, neat package?

Also, it wouldn't matter if I had a 250 gig hard drive, the day my Halo 4 save file is more than my FO3 and FNV (with ALL DLC's) it's a problem. I wouldn't care if I had 10 gigs left or 100, it just boggles my mind that HALO is a larger file than FALLOUT (and if what I've read is true, BF3 is even larger which is even more ridiculous!)

HDDs are available up to 320GB. Why have all this space and nothing to put on it? I'd rather have to buy a new HDD and have lots of nice HD content than whine and moan about something I don't even have to DL in the first place.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#43ssj3bladePosted 1/22/2013 3:53:36 PM
What kind of an argument is that?

I dunno. You tell me: you made it up. It's certainly not the one I made.

ITP: Semantics.
---
#44lderivedxPosted 1/22/2013 3:54:28 PM
ITP: Semantics.

If you make an entirely different claim, it's not semantics.
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/2bnn8k.jpg
#45SpiduxLimitless(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 3:55:27 PM
Again, way to miss the point.

It doesn't matter how much space I have: Halo 4 should not be a larger file than Fallout. Period. End of Discussion. Why the hell is Halo such a large file? No, seriously, why is Halo such a large file?
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#46RODlMUS_PRlMEPosted 1/22/2013 3:57:11 PM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
From: RODlMUS_PRlME | Posted: 1/22/2013 3:46:55 PM | #038
ITT dumb people that don't know you can resume a download in the dashboard at a much faster speed than downloading it in game

25 minute download for me, max. And only poor plebs have less than 100 gig drives.

I downloaded from the dashboard, I just hated the fact that I had to spend the time to download something I'm ultimately going to play very, very little. They should have just had eps 6-10 on disc (with a larger download) instead. Trivial, sure, but why make us download even more stuff later on when they could have had it in one nice, neat package?

Also, it wouldn't matter if I had a 250 gig hard drive, the day my Halo 4 save file is more than my FO3 and FNV (with ALL DLC's) it's a problem. I wouldn't care if I had 10 gigs left or 100, it just boggles my mind that HALO is a larger file than FALLOUT (and if what I've read is true, BF3 is even larger which is even more ridiculous!)

If the worth of the file outweighs the time you'll be spending on it, then don't download it. Campaign extensions are typically a couple gigs anyway and if storage space isn't an issue to you then complaining about the size of this file is pointless.
#47SpiduxLimitless(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 3:58:52 PM
I'm just complaining because 1) All of season one is free and 2) it was coded all before launch... So why did we have to wait 3 months to download the second half, and thus waste time, if they could have included it with the game at launch? There is no good reason.
---
#48ssj3bladePosted 1/22/2013 4:00:50 PM
It's the same reason we've been prompted to DL episodes 6 - 10, but only get to play episode 6 this week.
---
#49BrakkisPosted 1/22/2013 5:08:16 PM
I'm just complaining because 1) All of season one is free and 2) it was coded all before launch... So why did we have to wait 3 months to download the second half, and thus waste time, if they could have included it with the game at launch? There is no good reason.

Except that Episodes 6-10 weren't coded at the game's release. They mentioned numerous times that they took the feedback from the first 5 episodes and used it in creating and improving the chapters in Episodes 6-10.

They included the first half of season 1 at launch, and released the second half when it was ready. Had it been on the disc, it would have used the same amount of space on your HDD. Had it been on the disc, it would have taken longer to install Disc 2, not the full 20-30 minutes it took to download, but still, more time. Could have always started the download and went to watch a show or eat something.

Regardless, you're complaining for the sake of complaining. Shut up and play the game or shut up and don't play. Either way, just shut up.
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armors hollow on the hill.
#50SpiduxLimitless(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:10:00 PM

Except that Episodes 6-10 weren't coded at the game's release. They mentioned numerous times that they took the feedback from the first 5 episodes and used it in creating and improving the chapters in Episodes 6-10.

They included the first half of season 1 at launch, and released the second half when it was ready. Had it been on the disc, it would have used the same amount of space on your HDD. Had it been on the disc, it would have taken longer to install Disc 2, not the full 20-30 minutes it took to download, but still, more time. Could have always started the download and went to watch a show or eat something.

Regardless, you're complaining for the sake of complaining. Shut up and play the game or shut up and don't play. Either way, just shut up.

I'm sorry, I don't buy the fact that Eps 6-10 weren't already coded. More like they released half of them and wanted to see how popular it was before they either released the other half or scrapped the idea and focused on something else.

It could very well be that the last 5 weren't ready at launch, but I don't believe it.
---