2.2 GB? What the ****?!

#61enterthemadroxPosted 1/22/2013 10:57:45 PM
I'll concede about the playing online thing because it sucks when my net goes briefly and I can't even look at commendations or such because it blocks me from that content and tells me I need to be online to view it.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#62ChrisBot2k5Posted 1/22/2013 11:19:07 PM
SpiduxLimitless posted...
Also it can't just be Bethesda that are good with compression since NV is also a much smaller file and that was made by OBSIDIAN!

Can someone explain this to him? I'm not in the mood.

Aww screw it. The same game engine and mostly the same textures plus PC veterans are just better at it. Dishonored has a small file size too because Half-Life and Thief vets.
---
"Never ASSUME anything, for it makes an ASS out of U and ME." - Benny Hill
#63SpiduxLimitless(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 11:39:28 PM

"I'm too lazy and not intelligent enough, can someone please make this guy stop making me look like such a tool"
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#64SpiduxLimitless(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 11:40:33 PM
HE SENT ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE! LMAO
---
#65SpiduxLimitless(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 11:44:11 PM
I'm sorry dude, I didn't mean to get your panties so tight. Let me make it easy for you

Dur hur, it's ok for a game company to charge me for a product that I have to pay more to use then have to download more later!
---
#66ChrisBot2k5Posted 1/22/2013 11:55:21 PM

"I'm too lazy and not intelligent enough, can someone please make this guy stop making me look like such a tool"

Chrisbot2k5 posted...

Aww screw it. The same game engine and mostly the same textures plus PC veterans are just better at it. Dishonored has a small file size too because Half-Life and Thief vets.

I'm in shock and awe at the oblivious self ownage that just happened here.

Yes, you can selectively edit quotes. Yes, you can self quote. No, you cannot pretend I didn't say something that I actually did.

And he denies trolling. just lol

Moron
---
#67ChrisBot2k5Posted 1/23/2013 12:02:24 AM
HE SENT ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE! LMAO

You must be the kind of kid that thinks its ok for his uncle to touch him too M I RITE

When you post dreck like this youre damn right I'll send you a private msg. I have the decency to spare the rest of the posters the darker side of the personal beef you have started. A decency you seem to lack.

Damn. I keep taking the bait. I keep feeding him. Shame on me.
---
#68Roy_DogsiPosted 1/23/2013 2:08:50 AM
Wow this thread just came out of nowhere... I just have a few things to add.
First, TC I do understand your point. 1)HDD space not an issue. 2)It's time DLing and time AFTER initial release. 3)Also WHY is it so big?

1)If you know what you're doing you can link your 360 to your pc hard drive. Also, you can't even BUY a flash drive that CAN'T hold this file unless you look REALLY hard. WalMart. 4GB minimum for $7.

2)Like somebody said, start it and do something else. Or that beautiful checkbox called "background downloads ON" Again, as was already mentioned, these parts were made after, using intel from the first batch. The IDEA and basic STORY may have been done pre launch - it would almost HAVE to be - but the actual missions and coding have come later. Later being now.

3)I can't speak for compression because I, nor almost anybody here, has SPECIFIC information about that. I can only offer a simple test. Both Fallout 3(small file) and Halo 4(big file) feature some similar combat. Combat is what takes the bulk of the code because of the variables caused by the player. Just because Fallout is a huge game doesn't mean it's very intense(right word?) Meaning, again as said before, Halo features a few years' worth of graphical and audial enhancements meaning !!!larger file!!! I also think there are infinitely more variables in a few Ops maps than F3 when considering you have four players making the game think instead of just one. Also, when was the last time something opened up in F3 and about 20 guys came out? Once or twice, maybe? We've all played Ops, this happens like five times in a ten minute mission, complete with cutscenes, audio triggers, voiceovers, and not to mention the added million lines of code to have those four people able to talk in real time to each other with no lag.

In closing, yes, maybe Fallout 3 was physically a bigger game, but look at how many things Halo 4 has over it, all happening on screen - for four live players - all at once. And did I mention all the pretty textures?

TC, I promise I'm only trying to get everyone on the same page. Not tear you down. If i missed or overlooked something, please don't badmouth my family. Just... tell me.

Ok, guys. I tried. I rarely post, but.... I had to try.
---

*If you argue correctly, you're never wrong.*
#69lderivedxPosted 1/23/2013 3:37:36 AM
I have the decency to spare the rest of the posters the darker side of the personal beef you have started.

Chris, posting on the internet is clearly too stressful for you. Perhaps you should consider a calmer hobby such as collecting stamps or painting boats.
---
"you got hit by a car? lmao nice awareness, no wonder you suck at halo." - sloppy
GT: i derive dx
#70BrakkisPosted 1/23/2013 8:21:12 AM
lderivedx posted...
I have the decency to spare the rest of the posters the darker side of the personal beef you have started.

Chris, posting on the internet is clearly too stressful for you. Perhaps you should consider a calmer hobby such as collecting stamps or painting boats.

I hear collecting stamps makes you homicidal, true?
---
By the edge of those wilds, warriors have charged. But now the years have passed, the generals have left and the grass grows in the armors hollow on the hill.