The more I play, the less I enjoy Halo 4...

#1thehelpfulgamerPosted 1/21/2013 12:24:50 PM
Seems like more and more games are decided based on who can get the ordnance that doesn't blow first. I'll be playing and actually winning when all of a sudden, a wild Incineration Cannon appears or a Rocket Launcher or Fuel Rod Cannon, leaving me and my Concussion Rifle (because I didn't want the Speed Boost or Pulse Grenades) to weep.

The long awaited Forge playlist is a breath of fresh air though. I haven't played on all of them yet, but of the ones that I have, every single one is better than the on-disc maps. Every single one. Can 343i lay off the people in charge of map design and hire literally anyone else, but preferably the dudes making maps like I've seen in the Forge play list? Please?
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#2almightyminimanPosted 1/21/2013 12:27:54 PM
if you don't like halo 4.... you don't have to play it you know. There's a bazillion other games out there.

Also, i do agree that the maps on the forge test playlist are much better than most of the original maps. I do like Haven and Adrift though.
---
What can you do, when you live in a shoe, and you aint got no soul.
#3thehelpfulgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 12:29:43 PM
I'm being forced against my will to play Halo 4. Help me. :C
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#4SimplyQuidPosted 1/21/2013 6:57:05 PM
Please explain how people consider the new maps better than Haven or Adrift or Solace. Please, help me understand. Garrotte is an absolute joke, literally spawning in the middle of the other team is NOT a good time. That stupid boxy mess with a tower in the middle is a joke. Weapon spawns and timers that allow the other team to tote around three snipers is not a good time. Graphical lag causing eff-ups like the worst Complex game you've ever played is not a good time.

I'd love to understand why everyone is creaming their pants over these new maps, but I seriously can't fathom it.
#5X250Posted 1/21/2013 7:02:14 PM(edited)
SimplyQuid posted...
Please explain how people consider the new maps better than Haven or Adrift or Solace. Please, help me understand. Garrotte is an absolute joke, literally spawning in the middle of the other team is NOT a good time. That stupid boxy mess with a tower in the middle is a joke. Weapon spawns and timers that allow the other team to tote around three snipers is not a good time. Graphical lag causing eff-ups like the worst Complex game you've ever played is not a good time.

I'd love to understand why everyone is creaming their pants over these new maps, but I seriously can't fathom it.

Graphical lag and spawn issues are a problem with the game, not the maps.

It's not one of the maps I'm seeing a lot of praise for btw. There is more than that after all.
#6SunDevil77Posted 1/21/2013 7:10:34 PM
As if there weren't enough of the same topic
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#7HybridSnakePosted 1/21/2013 7:13:20 PM
lol choosing concussion rifle over speed boost.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#8SimplyQuidPosted 1/21/2013 7:14:36 PM
X250 posted...
SimplyQuid posted...

Graphical lag and spawn issues are a problem with the game, not the maps.

It's not one of the maps I'm seeing a lot of praise for btw. There is more than that after all.

Complex was the only map I've experienced significant graphical stuttering on, so maybe it is the map, not the game. And again, I have never been spawned INTO the enemies before, except maybe on Haven once in a game of Swat. So, yeah. Still not liking the new maps.
#9iRGushPosted 1/21/2013 7:30:12 PM
SimplyQuid posted...

not sure if srs
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#10ViktorMaxPosted 1/21/2013 8:13:39 PM
HybridSnake posted...
lol choosing concussion rifle over speed boost.

This.
---
True dat.