Favorite online halo that is still active

#11jwhudexnls(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 5:30:04 PM
Sorry I was actually doing this because of a bet with a friend. He made one of these on another site when halo 3 came out about which game was your favorite halo, and he said people will almost always vote for the oldest one because of nostalgia. So I made this to try and prove him wrong.
#12X250Posted 1/21/2013 5:33:33 PM
Nostalgia is not the reason most people vote for Halo 3.
You can still play the game. There's no nostalgia when it's still playable online.

If someone votes for it, it's because that's a complete game while Halo 4 still feels like it's a Beta.
#13phillyeagles123Posted 1/21/2013 7:37:36 PM
In its prime: Halo 3
Currently: Halo 4
#14darealest47Posted 1/21/2013 7:46:44 PM
Where's halo pc?
Topic sucks
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#15HybridSnakePosted 1/21/2013 7:50:25 PM
Vanilla 3 was awesome. Then they started locking people of playlists for lacking DLC.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#16jwhudexnls(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 8:26:46 PM
darealest47 posted...
Where's halo pc?
Topic sucks

Read the poll, it says for the 360
#17peabody43Posted 1/22/2013 12:28:46 AM
It's hard to play reach without instarespawn. I'm just so used to that, and also when people quit, to have others fill in is pretty big. Finding games is super fast. Although I still miss some things that were in Halo 3 and Reach. Jetpacking battles are a lot more fun in Reach. The commendations in reach are also insane, but the Halo 4 engine is awesome.

I do miss Lonewolves playlist though and having the trueskill rank was just a lot more competitive. I remember grinding lonewolves and you really had to play well to level up. I understand theres boosting, but the games overall were still more competitive.

Its nice to have friendly fire off for those annoying people that try and kill you for taking the sniper etc, but it does kind of mess up the strategy involved when you don't have to worry about nading or blowing up your teammate.

I'd probably still play h3 if more people played and i'd like reach a lot more w instarespawns and people being able to come and go midgame(and a trueskill ranking).

It will be nice when more maps come out because reach and h3 had a lot of maps and there's not so many right not in teamslayer/regicide.
#18EDarienPosted 1/22/2013 1:06:23 PM
HybridSnake posted...
Vanilla 3 was awesome. Then they started locking people of playlists for lacking DLC.

^ True story. Which is why people voting for 3 either bought all the DLC, or it's nostalgia. Halo 3 was a great game and, despite the fact that I started w/ Halo CE, it was probably the one I played online the most, including Halo 4, now, though that's more due to scheduling and life now compared to what I was doing 5 years ago.

That said, their DLC releases led to alienating people from their game. That was a horrible idea and the reason I stopped playing it. This game does not have that problem, nor will it if the trend continues with simply matching people up based on "True skill" as well as the DLC content.

Also, sidenote, I thought it was hilarious today when I logged in real quick to test a forge map before I had to go out and forge playlist had like 3000 people whereas the DLC playlist only had 200.
---
Lali-ho!
#19SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/22/2013 1:19:54 PM
which is the only reason Halo 4 isn't on the circuit anymore, despite their weak arguments otherwise.

Lack of competitive gameplay=/=weak arguments
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#20ZeroSkyPosted 1/22/2013 1:20:03 PM
EDarien posted...
HybridSnake posted...

^ True story. Which is why people voting for 3 either bought all the DLC, or it's nostalgia. Halo 3 was a great game and, despite the fact that I started w/ Halo CE, it was probably the one I played online the most, including Halo 4, now, though that's more due to scheduling and life now compared to what I was doing 5 years ago.

That said, their DLC releases led to alienating people from their game. That was a horrible idea and the reason I stopped playing it. This game does not have that problem, nor will it if the trend continues with simply matching people up based on "True skill" as well as the DLC content.

Or they purchased ODST, which included both a fun campaign and a Halo 3 multiplayer disc with every Halo 3 map all together.

I have mixed feelings on limiting playlists to DLC owners because that can alienate people who just bought the game (other than ODST), but at the same time, I actually get to play the maps that I paid for fairly regularly in Halo 3. I'd rather have that than waste money on the maps and never see them come up. The new Invasion map they released for Reach was awesome, and nice they way they changed it up from Territories>Territories>CTF to Territories>Assault>CTF. And I've gotten to play Invasion on it maybe three times. Meh.

I would probably prefer a balance, kind of like how Halo 3 is right now. Some playlists require DLC, some don't. Especially late in a game's lifespan if the DLC isn't that expensive or something like the ODST multiplayer disc is dirt cheap.