Favorite online halo that is still active

#21ZeroSkyPosted 1/22/2013 1:30:13 PM
EDarien posted...
TC, this topic is going to reveal, as it already is, that Halo 4 is the favorite. The vocal minority is going to come in and whine about how Halo 4 isn't that great and/or the voters are all "casuals" and how this topic is stupid.

Halo 4 is the best of them, as the votes reveal, but this board is saturated with trolls and wanna-be pros who follow MLG as if it means anything more than commercial sales and money-making potential, which is the only reason Halo 4 isn't on the circuit anymore, despite their weak arguments otherwise.

To be fair, this poll is on the Halo 4 message board. Obviously there's a very high chance that Halo 4 is going to win. If their boards were more active, you'd likely get the same bias on the Halo 3 or Reach boards as well. Which is understandable, since this is the logical place for fans of Halo 4 to hang out. But it's a little like asking if the 360 or PS3 is better on the 360 boards.
#22jwhudexnls(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 4:03:25 PM
Yeah I was gonna try it on the other boards, but almost no one visits them anymore.
#23xHughJasxPosted 1/23/2013 12:28:25 AM
Tc. Stop updating us. We can see the results.
---
If there wasn't people who blindly defended themselves when proven full of s*** time and again, there'd be no religious people.Or republicans. -jowephocks
#24darren19822000Posted 1/23/2013 1:23:10 PM
halo 4 is just boring to me. same 2 maps every other game, too much randomness. i always enjoyed halo because it was different than the rest. now its just cod in space
---
gt darren reefnugs
#25SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/23/2013 1:24:48 PM
I hear Halo CE PC version is still up so I'm going to chose that one.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#26EDarienPosted 1/24/2013 8:30:09 AM
ZeroSky posted...
EDarien posted...
HybridSnake posted...
Vanilla 3 was awesome. Then they started locking people of playlists for lacking DLC.

My words

Or they purchased ODST, which included both a fun campaign and a Halo 3 multiplayer disc with every Halo 3 map all together.

I have mixed feelings on limiting playlists to DLC owners because that can alienate people who just bought the game (other than ODST), but at the same time, I actually get to play the maps that I paid for fairly regularly in Halo 3. I'd rather have that than waste money on the maps and never see them come up. The new Invasion map they released for Reach was awesome, and nice they way they changed it up from Territories>Territories>CTF to Territories>Assault>CTF. And I've gotten to play Invasion on it maybe three times. Meh.

I would probably prefer a balance, kind of like how Halo 3 is right now. Some playlists require DLC, some don't. Especially late in a game's lifespan if the DLC isn't that expensive or something like the ODST multiplayer disc is dirt cheap.

Halo 4 still handles this better than a "mix of playlists" though. The game lets me, with no DLC, into the same playlists that someone with DLC gets into. The difference is that the DLC maps simply won't show up to me, whereas s/he will see both standard and DLC maps to choose from in the voting lobby. This is a better system. Everyone gets to play every playlist and DLC people get to play the DLC they spent their money on while non-DLC people aren't excluded. At no point should a game ever exclude people who bought it from playing in standard playlists because they didn't get sucked into the greedy DLC business model. That Halo 4 didn't do that is the only reason I'm not boycotting the Halo franchise. I didn't buy any Halo game since 3 until Halo 4 because of how they handled the DLC multiplayer in H3.

This is something Halo 4 did better than Halo 3. I think Halo 4 gets a lot of flak on this board. Some of it deserved, for sure. But most of it is just whining from a vocal minority who, if they really loved Halo 3 so much, I don't see why they're not just playing that game instead of whining on a message board that 343 will never read, and even if they did, probably wouldn't care about.

To the posts defending the results as predictable on a Halo 4 board. I agree, to an extent. But you defeat your own point by stating the truth that those other boards are dead. Those boards are dead for a reason, people stopped playing the game. Guess what they're playing now: Newer games. This includes Halo 4 for most, but also CoD since it's what all the "cool kids" play. Herd mentality is standard. I get that. My point still stands true that Halo 4 is the better game. If that's not the case, then show me more people playing Halo 3 now, than play Halo 4 now. The "because its newer" argument doesn't really hold up to me. If I like something better, I do that, regardless of what's new or old. I love Boondock Saints and while I really liked the second one, every St Patrick's day I get drunk and watch the original. Sure, now that the sequel is out I'll usually put it in too, but it's not a mandatory part of the tradition. The first one is, though. Why? Not "because it's the newest one" since that's clearly not the case here. Nor is it because "it's the original." It's because it's the better movie. Same for Halo. I play Halo 4 not because its newer. I play because it's better.
---
Lali-ho!
#27KageNoSenshiPosted 1/24/2013 8:41:20 AM
#17 peabody43 Posted
Its nice to have friendly fire off for those annoying people that try and kill you for taking the sniper etc, but it does kind of mess up the strategy involved when you don't have to worry about nading or blowing up your teammate.

Wait, what? I guess I didn't play this game long enough to notice that there was no friendly fire.

Wow. Just... wow.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#28EDarienPosted 1/24/2013 3:30:45 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
#17 peabody43 Posted
Its nice to have friendly fire off for those annoying people that try and kill you for taking the sniper etc, but it does kind of mess up the strategy involved when you don't have to worry about nading or blowing up your teammate.

Wait, what? I guess I didn't play this game long enough to notice that there was no friendly fire.

Wow. Just... wow.

Depends which gametype you're in. Slayer FF is off. But objective, it's still on.
---
Lali-ho!
#29thehelpfulgamerPosted 1/24/2013 3:43:58 PM
Halo 4 voters be trolling hard.
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#30Minjo26Posted 1/24/2013 5:04:36 PM
Everything about 3 is better than everything about Reach and 4