Plasma Pistol Commendation

#1THE SWORDSMANPosted 1/21/2013 7:47:57 PM
If any of you have completed this commendation, are there any combos or quicker ways to get a kill with this weapon?
Storm rifle to Plasma Pistol?
---
NP=HALO 4-SFXT-UMvC3-SCV-SSF4AE-DS3-SSA-FIFA 13-MK9-KOF13-SC4-T6-TTT2-BBCT-BBCS-GGX2-GGAC+ -SFAA-SF3:3S *RIP KAO MEGURA*
#2MrFish86Posted 1/21/2013 7:58:13 PM
if you're looking to get kills with the plasma pistol, make sure you do not use a fully charged shot, or else you'll have a very hard time killing anyone. I think it takes about 3-4 fully charged plasma pistol shots when someone has their shields down to kill them. So basically, to kill people with the plasma pistol, you're going to have to just pepper them with rapid fire shots, NO CHARGED SHOTS! Hope that helps a bit.
#3bhaalsmasherPosted 1/21/2013 8:01:56 PM
MrFish86 posted...
if you're looking to get kills with the plasma pistol, make sure you do not use a fully charged shot, or else you'll have a very hard time killing anyone. I think it takes about 3-4 fully charged plasma pistol shots when someone has their shields down to kill them. So basically, to kill people with the plasma pistol, you're going to have to just pepper them with rapid fire shots, NO CHARGED SHOTS! Hope that helps a bit.

Never knew that was a fact but it makes sense because I've definitely shot people who were awfully close to death with a full charge and they still didn't die. You'd think one fully charged shot would take someone out when their shields are down...
---
**** SALT.
#4SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/21/2013 8:04:16 PM
EMP blast doesn't do much damage to the person. Peppering them is the same effect as the plasma rifle, or the storm rifle. Also, Head shots don't count with plasma based weapons (except the beam rifle, carbine shoots projectiles) so just aim for the chest and go off.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#5The_LerfPosted 1/21/2013 8:47:42 PM
Rapid firing wouldn't be too bad if the Plasma Pistol didn't overheat as quickly as it does. PP is the only gun I don't think I'll ever get commendations for, simply because it's uses aren't made for killing anything.
#6peabody43Posted 1/21/2013 10:42:58 PM
MrFish86 is spot on. Plasma pistol kills are a lot more doable than people make them out to be. Its kind of like a poor mans carbine.

#1. regicide
#2. pulse grenades.
#3. melee

Using the grenadier and explosives perks w a plasma pistol on regicide is the way to go. I can get 6-12 pp kills every match. It does take some time to complete, but so do the others. It also make take a little practice getting used to the pp and being able to pick your attack because every shot counts and you want to try to land as many of the shots as you can.

Also, if you incorporate other ordnance weapons like railgun, sticky detonator, needler, incineration cannon, sword etc you can often do this w a positive spread and have 8 pp kills as well.

I usually throw 2 pg's then pound the trigger on the pp and its very effective. This method makes weapon mastery much more tolerable.

You can also try using dexterity to cut down on the overheat time, but i've found I prefer the more powerful grenades.
#7almightyminimanPosted 1/21/2013 11:19:38 PM
peabody43 posted...
MrFish86 is spot on. Plasma pistol kills are a lot more doable than people make them out to be. Its kind of like a poor mans carbine.

#1. regicide
#2. pulse grenades.
#3. melee

Using the grenadier and explosives perks w a plasma pistol on regicide is the way to go. I can get 6-12 pp kills every match. It does take some time to complete, but so do the others. It also make take a little practice getting used to the pp and being able to pick your attack because every shot counts and you want to try to land as many of the shots as you can.

Also, if you incorporate other ordnance weapons like railgun, sticky detonator, needler, incineration cannon, sword etc you can often do this w a positive spread and have 8 pp kills as well.

I usually throw 2 pg's then pound the trigger on the pp and its very effective. This method makes weapon mastery much more tolerable.

You can also try using dexterity to cut down on the overheat time, but i've found I prefer the more powerful grenades.

This is a pretty good technique. I think that many kills a round might be a bit excessive. Another tip is to use damage boost. It helps a lot. Maybe use Requisition to get it a little easier. PP kills is a really hard one to master. I haven't been trying for that long, but without using any boosting or anything I'm on 4/7 on the commendation mastery. I've still got tons to go, but it is possible. It just takes a lot of patience. The commendation that's going to be impossible to master is Mongoose destroyer... I've only gotten 4 of them. That's impossible. Scorpion destroyer is pretty hard too
---
What can you do, when you live in a shoe, and you aint got no soul.
#8Tha Don WannPosted 1/22/2013 4:06:02 PM
A charged up Plasma Pistol will kill a person without any shields as well. The weapon needs at least a 25% charge to kill though.
#9SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/22/2013 4:08:19 PM
Plasma Pistol will kill a person without any shi

Not in one shot.

See?
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#10WrathofAchillesPosted 1/22/2013 4:20:06 PM
Tha Don Wann posted...
A charged up Plasma Pistol will kill a person without any shields as well. The weapon needs at least a 25% charge to kill though.

As others have said it takes 3 fully charged shots to kill which is not practical. However it will only take six rapid shots to kill when shields are gone. Doesn't matter if it's body shots or head.
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.