DNF's and non recorded stats?

#1el3ctricm3nk3yPosted 1/22/2013 10:21:46 PM
I'm of a casual H4 gamer when it comes to multiplayer, ...but I do take my slayer games serious and want every stat I earned to show up in my records. But the thing is, I am keeping track of my own post game stats on paper and its a good thing, cus H4 is not doing me justice.
This could come down to me not knowing all the ins and outs of the game and how to leave the lobby after a game or it could be the cosmos knowing when i have a stellar showing and depriving me the history of said game, idk.

Take for instance. Tonite I played big team slayer at ragnarok around 9pm EST... was a fun back and forth game with no black lag reset screens. I had set up shop doing sniper work and went 17-0 with my team winning in the end by a hundred points. Cut to the XP screen... I press exit after the XP bar is done increasing... go to the lobby, and then back out of it as well. I return after taking a restroom break and check the post carnage stat sheet... sure enuff, theres my record as I played it, 17-0... along with everyone elses record from the game in its right final form.
So I then check my service record for multi... and it only went up a +5 in the kills for it. And this is exactly why ive been keeping tracking on my own... cus at times it either doesnt give me all my stats or even none at times. I even cross checked this with my waypoint account, and thats that... I lost my decent game. Waypoint shows it as a DNF with only 5kills and no win. Like the others ive had lost (30-1, 18-3, 14-1...). And to spare me anymore wasted effort... is it how I back out of the lobby that is screwing with things, the servers just plain not recording them right?
While I look forward to playing... I dont look forward to this gray area where it 86's my good games, while it keeps my scrub games. ughh.

Just looking for advice to prevent this from happening anymore. Thanks
#2SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/22/2013 10:26:09 PM
It's the servers.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#3D3NZ1987Posted 1/22/2013 10:27:43 PM
This is what happens if you don't invest in the Halo Waypoint Stat Saver plan. Yes It's expensive, but you can't put a price on lost stats.
---
Remember this, if you see someone doing something but at the same time watching you... then he is a cop.
#4SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/22/2013 10:29:23 PM
This is what happens if you don't invest in the Halo Waypoint Stat Saver plan. Yes It's expensive, but you can't put a price on lost stats.

Best $199.99 I've ever spent.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#5enterthemadroxPosted 1/22/2013 10:32:56 PM
Weirdest thing for me was a game going to black screen and loading for ages, kicked me out, I got +0 showing on the XP screen while my XP in the bottom left rose and right back to menu instead of carnage sheet.

All my kills and commendations earned had risen thankfully because I was doing pretty good but it scared the cheesus out of me.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#6el3ctricm3nk3y(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:37:39 PM
They were working fine for the other games I had played prior.
My routine is that I let the XP increase, exit to the lobby, and then exit again so that I can take my time to record my stats. For the most part, its always updated... and then I go find another game, wash rinse repeat...

The reason I bring up DNF is from snooping around on google and some mention that if you back out of the post game lobby while its forming a game... it will take it as you left the game. Now could that be the reason why I lost my stats for the previous game idk. would seem impossible since the stats are suppose to be saved before the xp screen (i think).

But if that is the case, theres a right way to back out of the lobby and im not doing it... id like to know the details of which is the proper time to do so. Cus its disheartening to be proud of yourself one second, and then all what da eff the next.

...they never seem to misplace the games where im like a pinata for the other team.
#7enterthemadroxPosted 1/22/2013 10:46:47 PM
See, I always wait for the XP increase before backing out then back out of the stats screen as soon as it comes up then have to quickly back out because sometimes a map is already being voted for and I like to check commendations after every game (plus there isn't a bonus for staying in the lobby like in Gears 3 so..).

No clue what to tell ya.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#8el3ctricm3nk3y(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 10:58:45 PM
oh, i dont know about gears 3. never played that online.

The lobby and game search for H4 is murky water. Takes forever or you can count on it to put you smack dab in the middle of a game on the team thats losing really bad. Like, no thanks.

And add this missing stat stuff, im one more game away of lost stats from forgetting about it. Whatever the problem is, its not going away, and id rather not put up with it.