There is no professional gaming.

#1Groudon_UzamakiPosted 1/23/2013 12:46:51 PM
Unless you are payed on a salary to play against other people, quit throwing around the term "professional." You are people, who couldn't invest your time at a worthwhile hobby, so you have to feel some kind of positive feedback for the tons of hours your blow into it.

Don't get me wrong but I love gaming, but I just roll my eyes when everyone has to act like they some professional for a natural skill they possess.
---
Remember kids, cancer doesn't kill people, people with cancer kills people.
#2SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/23/2013 12:48:09 PM
From: Groudon_Uzamaki | Posted: 1/23/2013 12:46:51 PM | #001
Unless you are payed on a salary to play against other people, quit throwing around the term "professional." You are people, who couldn't invest your time at a worthwhile hobby, so you have to feel some kind of positive feedback for the tons of hours your blow into it.

Don't get me wrong but I love gaming, but I just roll my eyes when everyone has to act like they some professional for a natural skill they possess.

So.... What about the people that get paid and have sponsors? I don't know about you, but if you have sponsors for your hobby you've got to be doing something right.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#3darren19822000Posted 1/23/2013 12:48:56 PM
i was never on a "salary" but i did get sponsered by some local businesses to advertise their shops while i played in some local tourneys. does that count?
---
gt darren reefnugs
#4RasafarianPosted 1/23/2013 12:49:30 PM
I used some sick time recently for a bout with the flu, and spent a good deal of that time gaming.

So, in effect, I got paid to sit around all day and play games. Does that count?
---
He may be an idiot, but at least he hasn't forgotten his kung-fu...
GT: Scarlettbaby
#5Groudon_Uzamaki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 12:51:56 PM(edited)
SpiduxxudipS posted...
From: Groudon_Uzamaki | Posted: 1/23/2013 12:46:51 PM | #001

So.... What about the people that get paid and have sponsors? I don't know about you, but if you have sponsors for your hobby you've got to be doing something right.

Well then yeah they can be pro. If you are being payed for it that is fine. I am talking about these kids that barely leave their home and consider themselves professionals.

I used some sick time recently for a bout with the flu, and spent a good deal of that time gaming.

So, in effect, I got paid to sit around all day and play games. Does that count?

No, because you weren't getting payed explicitly for the gaming, assuming you are talking about a payed vacation.
---
Remember kids, cancer doesn't kill people, people with cancer kills people.
#6X250Posted 1/23/2013 12:50:38 PM
Is there any reason for this topic? I haven't seen anyone refer to themselves as professionals as of late.
#7Joe_CobbsPosted 1/23/2013 12:58:42 PM
Does Xbox Live Rewards count?
#8darren19822000Posted 1/23/2013 1:02:14 PM
Joe_Cobbs posted...
Does Xbox Live Rewards count?

man they dont give you squat. the only time i get points is for their stupid surveys. i didnt even get my 100 points back when i made my first purchase
---
gt darren reefnugs
#9Pyronix337Posted 1/23/2013 1:03:06 PM
X250 posted...
Is there any reason for this topic? I haven't seen anyone refer to themselves as professionals as of late.

Lol. Is that so? I think you need to evaluate your current observational skills there, buddeh
#10X250Posted 1/23/2013 1:07:20 PM
Pyronix337 posted...
X250 posted...

Lol. Is that so? I think you need to evaluate your current observational skills there, buddeh

One link is all I need.

Also, someone saying they're good =/= saying the're professional.