There is no professional gaming.

#21Xcalibur02Posted 1/23/2013 3:31:13 PM
Wait, there are actually people that call themselves "professional" gamers? As in, "I don't get paid or sponsored, but I'm professional because I'm just that badass?"

IDK, Maybe I'm just new to Xbox fans.
---
Grammar: The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****
#22lderivedxPosted 1/23/2013 3:31:50 PM
As in, "I don't get paid or sponsored, but I'm professional because I'm just that badass?"

no
---
in PvP... the Grammardin is invincible. But in PvM I find the Mathazon to be much stronger... as long as you've maxed out Derivatives.-wing
#23jakethenoobPosted 1/23/2013 4:48:37 PM
Xcalibur02 posted...
Wait, there are actually people that call themselves "professional" gamers? As in, "I don't get paid or sponsored, but I'm professional because I'm just that badass?"

IDK, Maybe I'm just new to Xbox fans.

No. No one does that. OP is just using a Strawman to pretend his opinion matters
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#24TMoney650Posted 1/23/2013 5:02:55 PM
There's no professional gaming?

South Korea would like to have a word with you.
#25pcmike2Posted 1/23/2013 5:24:21 PM
TMoney650 posted...

By definition, there are pro gamers who get paid to play competitively against other people.

Socially, no one will take you seriously if you tell them that you "professionally play video games"

Do you know how ridiculous that would appear on a job resume? Or any other resume for that sort?
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#26ST_ZeroPosted 1/23/2013 6:07:00 PM
Groudon_Uzamaki posted...
ST_Zero posted...
And your point? You're still bad.

My point is I don't know how I could be upset when I dropped this game a long time ago, therefore making your point wrong.

Then why are you complaining? Just stop talking, nobody cares.

And my point still stands, you're bad.
---
One of the best at halo that graced gamefaqs. I give halo lessons for MS points, msg me.
#27SahdukPosted 1/23/2013 6:11:48 PM
pcmike2 posted...
TMoney650 posted...

By definition, there are pro gamers who get paid to play competitively against other people.

Socially, no one will take you seriously if you tell them that you "professionally play video games"

Do you know how ridiculous that would appear on a job resume? Or any other resume for that sort?

this is an actual post lol
---
"I got lost and a hooker tried to kiss me"
#28TMoney650Posted 1/23/2013 6:16:03 PM
pcmike2 posted...
TMoney650 posted...

Why am I applying for a job if I'm a professional gamer?

LOL TREATED
#29ODommPosted 1/23/2013 6:27:02 PM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
From: Groudon_Uzamaki | Posted: 1/23/2013 12:46:51 PM | #001
Unless you are payed on a salary to play against other people, quit throwing around the term "professional." You are people, who couldn't invest your time at a worthwhile hobby, so you have to feel some kind of positive feedback for the tons of hours your blow into it.

Don't get me wrong but I love gaming, but I just roll my eyes when everyone has to act like they some professional for a natural skill they possess.

So.... What about the people that get paid and have sponsors? I don't know about you, but if you have sponsors for your hobby you've got to be doing something right.

Most aren't and are just hopeless wannabes. That is the point a lot of us try to make most of the time.
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#30thehelpfulgamerPosted 1/23/2013 7:08:15 PM
Topic title: "There is no professional gaming."
TC's second post: Well then yeah they can be pro.

good game TC, well played.
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.