There is no professional gaming.

#31pcmike2Posted 1/23/2013 6:37:15 PM
TMoney650 posted...
pcmike2 posted...
TMoney650 posted...
There's no professional gaming?

South Korea would like to have a word with you.

By definition, there are pro gamers who get paid to play competitively against other people.

Socially, no one will take you seriously if you tell them that you "professionally play video games"

Do you know how ridiculous that would appear on a job resume? Or any other resume for that sort?

Why am I applying for a job if I'm a professional gamer?

LOL TREATED

Because any idiot knows that pro gaming isn't a stable job and hardly offers enough money as any other job requiring at least a BS.
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#32Groudon_Uzamaki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 7:36:54 PM
thehelpfulgamer posted...
Topic title: "There is no professional gaming."
TC's second post: Well then yeah they can be pro.

good game TC, well played.

It was one of my terribly thought out poorly phrased threads I commonly make based on a single petulant impulse from watching a video about "professional" gamers, and since all my impulse observations are dead wrong, yeah. Tis why I am terrible at Halo, my intellect is just awful.

Yes it is one of those threads I am not proud off.
---
Remember kids, cancer doesn't kill people, people with cancer kills people.
#33thehelpfulgamerPosted 1/24/2013 10:46:44 AM
It's okay. Just remember that only a Sith deals in absolutes.
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#34SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/24/2013 11:09:42 AM
From: thehelpfulgamer | Posted: 1/24/2013 10:46:44 AM | #033
It's okay. Just remember that only a Sith deals in absolutes.

And Tea-Cup rides.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#35Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 1/24/2013 11:13:22 AM
I just don't know how I feel about this.
I feel like there are two kinds of gamers that chill on this board.

1 type is dead serious about competitive halo. They have a superiority complex due to their skills in the game and sort of treat the casuals like dirt.

The other type is the type that joins in the trolling because they think type 1 is just messing around, but then slowly over time type 2 realizes that type 1 is dead serious and type 2 begins to distance themselves from type 1 altogether.

Before you know it you have a board full of people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes is running rampant all over the board and there's nothing we can do about it except run. The only cure for diabetes is running away from it.
---
The Jersey Guy
#36Groudon_Uzamaki(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 11:44:08 AM
Cpt_of_Industry posted...
I just don't know how I feel about this.
I feel like there are two kinds of gamers that chill on this board.

1 type is dead serious about competitive halo. They have a superiority complex due to their skills in the game and sort of treat the casuals like dirt.

The other type is the type that joins in the trolling because they think type 1 is just messing around, but then slowly over time type 2 realizes that type 1 is dead serious and type 2 begins to distance themselves from type 1 altogether.

Before you know it you have a board full of people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. Diabetes is running rampant all over the board and there's nothing we can do about it except run. The only cure for diabetes is running away from it.

Interesting analogy.
---
Remember kids, cancer doesn't kill people, people with cancer kills people.
#37thehelpfulgamerPosted 1/24/2013 2:38:14 PM
I'm a little of column A and a little of column B. I really wish this game had more to offer competitive players, you know, beyond the nothing it has, but I only get butt hurt when people think this game doesn't need it. Because if the dwindling player population is not an indication that it does, I don't know what is.

I still find the removal of TS Pro completely baffling.
---
Bowser: Keeping it real for over 25 years.
#38ProdozulPosted 1/24/2013 2:41:58 PM
SpiduxxudipS posted...
From: Groudon_Uzamaki | Posted: 1/23/2013 12:46:51 PM | #001
Unless you are payed on a salary to play against other people, quit throwing around the term "professional." You are people, who couldn't invest your time at a worthwhile hobby, so you have to feel some kind of positive feedback for the tons of hours your blow into it.

Don't get me wrong but I love gaming, but I just roll my eyes when everyone has to act like they some professional for a natural skill they possess.

So.... What about the people that get paid and have sponsors? I don't know about you, but if you have sponsors for your hobby you've got to be doing something right.

Learn to read broski...
He said "Unless you are payed on a salary to play against other people"
#39lderivedxPosted 1/24/2013 2:46:47 PM
"Unless you are payed on a salary to play against other people"

Salary isn't necessary to be a professional.
---
I was never aiming to be mature though. I was aiming to be right and dammit, I've got good aim. - MrSty GT: i derive dx