insurmountable amount of lag in forge list

#1UltimaWielderPosted 1/23/2013 1:32:47 PM
I've tried playing the maps four times now and they are always such a lag fest that they aren't enjoyable.

Anyone else experience this?

Oh and completely off topic but my girlfriend made the deans list at her university for the second year in a row. Woo!
---
Gamertag - FuFuCuddlyP00PS
PSN - HitenMitsurugiX
#2SpiduxxudipSPosted 1/23/2013 1:34:38 PM
God, I thought it was just me. First game I loaded today we sat in the prematch loading screen (black screen) for over 6 minutes. Point blank boltshots weren't killing anyone, 7 shot (head shots) DMR's weren't killing anyone.

Next match >slightly< better.

It took 5 games before I got a decent game in.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker....
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#3Ultima_WraithPosted 1/23/2013 1:36:24 PM
UltimaWielder posted...
I've tried playing the maps four times now and they are always such a lag fest that they aren't enjoyable.

Oh and completely off topic but my girlfriend made the deans list at her university for the second year in a row. Woo!

Check to see if your modem is one that is good for handling online gaming, if not then you may need to update it, it's also a good idea to do a reset on the modem and router if you use one by unplugging them for 30 seconds and then plugging them back in, modem first, and then router once the modem has come back online. Certain modems need you to hit a reset button so be aware if the power button does not turn off when you unplug the modem.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 5372-8212-5739 | 3DS Friend Code 0430-8284-1167 | Gamertag: UltimaWraith
#4UltimaWielder(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:38:47 PM
I have really been wanting to play some of the remakes of my favorite maps.

Unfortunately when I watch people's killcams (yes I know they're terribad but especially in forge maps) and I see them shooting a wall and somehow killing me... that's a large deterrent.

And considering everyone has teleport and just bounces around the map.

And moon walking.
---
PSN - HitenMitsurugiX
#5UltimaWielder(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:40:54 PM
Ultima_Wraith posted...
UltimaWielder posted...

Check to see if your modem is one that is good for handling online gaming, if not then you may need to update it, it's also a good idea to do a reset on the modem and router if you use one by unplugging them for 30 seconds and then plugging them back in, modem first, and then router once the modem has come back online. Certain modems need you to hit a reset button so be aware if the power button does not turn off when you unplug the modem.

I don't have any problems in any other playlists or game types. Barring ops and 343 server issues.

My internet isn't the problem.
---
PSN - HitenMitsurugiX
#6ssj3bladePosted 1/23/2013 1:40:57 PM
The Forge playlist is great but along with the terrible lag is the fact that most games seem to be stacked moreso now. It's either get destroyed by a team of 4 good guys or play against a horrible team of randoms.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/68tye8.jpg
~ ssj3blade || GT = finalfantastica
#7ArcGuardPosted 1/23/2013 1:43:09 PM
Now, when you say Lag, do you actually mean lag? Or framerate issues?

Because I'm not quite sure which. Because for the former, that's just connectivity issues. For the latter, it'd be understandable.
#8UltimaWielder(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 1:46:02 PM
ArcGuard posted...
Now, when you say Lag, do you actually mean lag? Or framerate issues?

Because I'm not quite sure which. Because for the former, that's just connectivity issues. For the latter, it'd be understandable.

I suppose both.
---
PSN - HitenMitsurugiX
#9ChariloePosted 1/23/2013 3:07:57 PM
I don't get much lag, but I know that the killcams have a really bad framerate on the Forge maps.
---
Chariloe http://www.youtube.com/user/Chariloe?feature=mhee
C2 FC: 0175-1657-6468 [BPB]Char: 4986-1275-1328
#10EDarienPosted 1/23/2013 3:42:31 PM
Chariloe posted...
I don't get much lag, but I know that the killcams have a really bad framerate on the Forge maps.

It's not just there. The killcams have been broken since release. They've always been that way.
---
Lali-ho!