Why does everyone choose Lockout?

#21Brandonkillen22Posted 1/23/2013 9:33:13 PM
Lockout was my all time favorite map of any shooter game to date. Yes it's because of nostalgia, because before I had live, all I could do is play in my buddy's basement with 15 other people system linked playing on tiny screens. Those system link games were also better than any XBL experience I've had to date come to think about it. Anyway, I must have spent a years worth of my life on lockout alone. (Exaggerated)
#22Flying_LigersPosted 1/23/2013 9:35:57 PM(edited)
SpiduxxudipS posted...
I've been waiting for a decent Blood Gulch remake since Halo 2 came out. Beaver Creek is fun, but it's no Blood Gulch.

And don't even get me started on Coagulation...

But Beaver Creak isn't a Blood Gulch remake. Beaver Creak is a Battle Creek remake <_<
---
"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture- and kill them" - Full Metal Jacket
http://i50.tinypic.com/htybsx.jpg
#23Arcadia__personPosted 1/23/2013 9:36:02 PM
Honestly, it's because it's a remake. Same reason Ragnarok is so popular. I enjoy the map, and I'm not saying that it isn't a lot of fun, but that's the real reason it's popular. It could be the worst map ever, and people would still vote for it just because they recognize it.

I think it's funny actually. With a franchise like Halo, you hear all the concern about whether it's still fresh, what should be added, etc. Based on voting habits, it seems like all people ever really want is a new skin on what they're used to.
---
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Skies of Arcadia
#24LandonioPosted 1/24/2013 2:48:26 AM
Arcadia__person posted...
Honestly, it's because it's a remake. Same reason Ragnarok is so popular. I enjoy the map, and I'm not saying that it isn't a lot of fun, but that's the real reason it's popular. It could be the worst map ever, and people would still vote for it just because they recognize it.

I think it's funny actually. With a franchise like Halo, you hear all the concern about whether it's still fresh, what should be added, etc. Based on voting habits, it seems like all people ever really want is a new skin on what they're used to.

No, it's because it's one of the best maps in the history of shooters.

It was the most-played on Halo 2, and for good reason.

People aren't gonna vote Backwash if it was brought back just because they recognize it.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing:Halo 4, Dark Souls, Resident Evil 4: HD, Resident Evil 5: Gold, SF3: 3rd Strike Online, PB Winterbottom