Looks like I will be attending AGL.

#51JuletiderPosted 1/24/2013 7:19:55 AM
I'm playing on Xbox live anyway, I accept and expect to be BS'd.

I just dont like how I can 5 shot someone cross map in 2 seconds. Combine that with a team shot and people are dropping like flies when they venture from the edges of a large map.
They added sprint as default, we can move about more freely now so we don't need a super accurate weapon from spawn. I enjoyed the aspect of the halo 3 teamshot.
---
Skowse
#52iRGushPosted 1/24/2013 7:21:16 AM(edited)
Killean_Nuggets posted...
Juletider posted...
I'm not complaining its my most used gun. I would just prefer it to be BR starts.

Why...

Do you like inconsistent weapons when playing?

The BR is fine and in all honesty this game should have made all 4v4 maps have a default loadout, which uses the BR. Complex shouldn't be in a 4v4 playlist btw. Just look at the forge playlist, it would be even better if there was only a default loadout that used the BR.

Larger playlists should have the option of the DMR.

I wouldn't call the BR fine at all when up to 2 bullets can miss from 25m away on someone standing still. On LAN mind you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h17gA7X5KHM
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#53Killean_NuggetsPosted 1/24/2013 7:23:12 AM
I wouldn't call the BR fine at all when up to 2 bullets can miss from 25m away on someone standing still. On LAN mind you.

Do you not realise that proper 4v4 maps such as simplex play a lot better with BR starts?
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#54iRGushPosted 1/24/2013 7:28:21 AM

Do you not realise that proper 4v4 maps such as simplex play a lot better with BR starts?

You can't even shoot properly across map without br spread becoming an issue. I don't know about you, but I don't think randomness makes a map play better.
---
#55Killean_NuggetsPosted 1/24/2013 7:32:55 AM
You can't even shoot properly across map without br spread becoming an issue. I don't know about you, but I don't think randomness makes a map play better.

It promotes a greater sense of teamwork. I have spent plenty of time playing on various settings such as:

Default mm
EGL
AGL
MLG
Gamebattles

On 4v4 maps such as simplex, I can honestly say the BR is better for gameplay.
---
vBlite
#56KageNoSenshiPosted 1/24/2013 7:35:55 AM
Hah, as soon as I saw that the BR and DMR were both in this game, I just knew they would have ruined the BR.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#57iRGushPosted 1/24/2013 7:36:15 AM
Teamwork should be rewarded, not forced.

Try playing Goldpro settings or THC settings and tell me theres no teamwork involved just because you start with the DMR.
---
#58Killean_NuggetsPosted 1/24/2013 7:43:47 AM(edited)

Try playing Goldpro settings or THC settings and tell me theres no teamwork involved just because you start with the DMR.

Also where are you getting the idea that teamwork is being forced? You're making yourself look silly Gush.

When did I say there was no teamwork involved without the BR? I said that it promotes a greater sense of teamwork. This would be apparent across all levels and hopefully worse players would be able to appreciate, realise the teamwork element sooner and become better. I would have thought that you of all people would appreciate this.
---
vBlite
#59__balePosted 1/24/2013 7:52:12 AM(edited)
lbr1

also, the DMR is clearly the better gun. its far far far less random than the BR. end of discussion.
---
wow strafing tryhards, i always stand still so the bullets can hit me. Whenever someone trys to dodge my shots i know they're a virgin LMAO
#60iRGushPosted 1/24/2013 7:55:13 AM

When did I say there was no teamwork involved without the BR? I said that it promotes a greater sense of teamwork. This would be apparent across all levels and hopefully worse players would be able to appreciate, realise the teamwork element sooner and become better. I would have thought that you of all people would appreciate this.

The most competitive halo games have focused on empowering the individual, not the team. In halo 1, you were able to basically take out 2 people challenging you with the pistol if you aimed and strafed well because it kills so fast, the same pattern continued in halo 2 with a good strafe and double shot because of a fast kill time. Halo 3 saw slower kill times and a piss poor range of the BR which gimped the individual to basically being having to hold hands with their teammates for any hope of winning which I feel is a stupid style of play that makes the game less competitive. The H4 BR has the second slowest kill time of any utility weapon of any halo game (only behind the H4 unscoped light rifle) and can barely shoot across map. You can't even punish people for running out in the open because its basically impossible to 5 someone with a BR.

Do you really think halo reach would have been better with the BR when it had ZB?
---