weapon mastery, how far are you??

#1peabody43Posted 1/24/2013 12:54:36 AM
50%. only 525 plasma pistol kills to go for pp mastery wheee. how can you guys not like it?? its the most fun one to learn to master, just use it on regicide w explosive pg's.
#2WrathofAchillesPosted 1/24/2013 1:02:52 AM
Total: 51%

UNSC: 94%

Maxed all loadout weapons

In addition I've maxed:
Shotgun
Rockets
Sniper Rifle
Saw

Stick Det is 103/250
Railgun is 85/250
Spartan Laser 20/250

Covenant: 17%

Only Maxed Plasma Grenades

Sword is 70/250
All other Ordinance are in Expert
PP and Storm Rifle are still Novice
Carbine is in Distinguished

Forerunner: 24%

Maxed Cannon and Scattershot
Binary is 67/250

Lightrifle is Novice
Suppressor and Pulse Grenade are both in Expert

@TC: Does the PG then switch to PP really work in getting Plasma Pistol kills?
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.
#3peabody43(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 1:35:15 AM
looking good! not a fan of the light rifle? I wasn't at first but its range is awesome and w the stability perk ownage. I'm sure it will be no problem for since you like the long range weapons.

for sure! but dexterity could work too (debating about switching), but you will have the most success i think in regicide.

my past 22 reg matches: (i back out and find new random ppl each time)

146 pp kills
343 kills
308 deaths
62 pg kills

excluding 1 DNF i went 2-11 but fine if u wanna factor that in.

My strategy is to mainly use the plasma pistol, but I will drop my carbine for a good ordnance weapon i still need kills w (ie. sticky det, needler etc) then switch back. I throw my explosive PGs and then pepper away, pick up more nades and melee when I have to. It's really fun lol!

It takes some time getting used to how fast you fire as it overheats quickly, and knowing the proper range to start pounding the trigger. None of my kills are charged shots, rapid peppering.
#4WrathofAchillesPosted 1/24/2013 2:02:56 AM
peabody43 posted...
looking good! not a fan of the light rifle? I wasn't at first but its range is awesome and w the stability perk ownage. I'm sure it will be no problem for since you like the long range weapons.

To be honest it's not so much I don't like the Lightrifle I just haven't really used it yet. The Carbine was also barely touched until I had maxed the UNSC rifles and so switched it up, (mainly because I enjoy rapid fire semi-auto guns to begin with), and so have been loving the CC. Only issue I have is unless I get the first shot into a DMR user I tend to lose that battle since they're rounds do more damage. (Assuming all their rounds hit). Maybe I just need to be faster on the trigger...though if I do that my accuracy starts to suffer.

for sure! but dexterity could work too (debating about switching), but you will have the most success i think in regicide.

my past 22 reg matches: (i back out and find new random ppl each time)

146 pp kills
343 kills
308 deaths
62 pg kills

excluding 1 DNF i went 2-11 but fine if u wanna factor that in.

My strategy is to mainly use the plasma pistol, but I will drop my carbine for a good ordnance weapon i still need kills w (ie. sticky det, needler etc) then switch back. I throw my explosive PGs and then pepper away, pick up more nades and melee when I have to. It's really fun lol!

It takes some time getting used to how fast you fire as it overheats quickly, and knowing the proper range to start pounding the trigger. None of my kills are charged shots, rapid peppering.

I've played a lot of Regicide too and do the same thing, (leave after every match). Playing Reg is what helped me max Frags and AR and why my Sticky Det and Sword are so high. Though as of late I've been playing a lot of Dominion, (I just mastered it today), so I might go back to Reg for weapons.

And I must admit those are impressive PG and PP kills. I'm half tempted to ask you to save a game of your's so I can DL it and watch... as of now the only way I know how to get PG kills is by wounding an enemy with an AR or rifle and then hitting them with the PG so the bloom kills.

Though do you know if Explosives adds to the power of the bloom of the PG? I haven't been able to see a difference. Wonder if you have.

Do you run with Resupply or just pick up what ordinance is on the map?
---
Sum unum Halorum deorum, tangam te irrumatione.
#5peabody43(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 3:27:04 AM
WrathofAchilles posted...
To be honest it's not so much I don't like the Lightrifle I just haven't really used it yet. The Carbine was also barely touched until I had maxed the UNSC rifles and so switched it up, (mainly because I enjoy rapid fire semi-auto guns to begin with), and so have been loving the CC. Only issue I have is unless I get the first shot into a DMR user I tend to lose that battle since they're rounds do more damage. (Assuming all their rounds hit). Maybe I just need to be faster on the trigger...though if I do that my accuracy starts to suffer.

The CC is awesome - It depends on what range you are in, the dmr will crush you long rang, but in the medium range unscoped headshots w the CC will always beat an equal skilled DMR opponent. It just fires so much quicker, but yea it takes getting used to. The light rifle took a while for me i hated it at first. The key thing isn't stability its that it kills in 4 zoomed headshots! 1 less than dmr, which is crazy. But short range unscoped dmr battles are tougher since its so slow.

I've played a lot of Regicide too and do the same thing, (leave after every match). Playing Reg is what helped me max Frags and AR and why my Sticky Det and Sword are so high. Though as of late I've been playing a lot of Dominion, (I just mastered it today), so I might go back to Reg for weapons.

I hated reg at first because it was so different from lonewolves and I wanted a true ffa. Its a nice mixup game, but now its not so bad because it gets action going and makes PG kills easier i think.

And I must admit those are impressive PG and PP kills. I'm half tempted to ask you to save a game of your's so I can DL it and watch... as of now the only way I know how to get PG kills is by wounding an enemy with an AR or rifle and then hitting them with the PG so the bloom kills.

Though do you know if Explosives adds to the power of the bloom of the PG? I haven't been able to see a difference. Wonder if you have.

Do you run with Resupply or just pick up what ordinance is on the map?

Well most of my PG kills are when i throw them at ppl w low shields. I use grenadier perk so I can start w 2 and then i throw them kinda around the guy. Sometimes if it lands ill finish them off w pp and other times, i'll have to throw both or ill miss both sometimes too. The initial blast will kill anyone w low shields and is great for congested areas.

I get a solid 3 kills a regicide match w PG (grenadier + explosives), so it will be nice to knock off two of the hardest ones early. My overall spread is - tho cuz I play too much TS and sometimes continually stupidly rush, or go for weapon mastery kills in bad spots. Plus I use the jetpack exclusively and my friends don't(i also f around, not obsessed w my k/d :)). I'll just grind out some regicide or swat to get it +. I just want to be + w weapon mastery complete since so many think its too hard cuz of PP and others. That and I must have that armor!

Add me (mr miilkybAAgs) and check out my fileshare clips! I gaurantee some stuff on there will blow your mind! I have a couple plasma pistol clips up but i'll have to put up some others, have a bunch of good ones saved.