Swat=CoD?

#61KageNoSenshiPosted 1/27/2013 5:14:37 AM
^Now you're just being silly... why would they expect all that advanced armor to actually protect them from lethal damage?
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#62Killean_NuggetsPosted 1/27/2013 5:20:30 AM
Why don't you look up all the top guys on halo tracker

You do realise the overall HT leaderboards are topped mostly with BTB/obj players that aren't actually that good, don't you?
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp
#63TorqueForkPosted 1/27/2013 6:20:37 AM
I used SWAT as something to break up Slayer/BTB matches and keep the ability to find a targets neck/head area as quick as possible. I feel like years ago when SWAT was introduced, over time it helped my accuracy with a sniper rifle on fast moving targets. It could be considered easier to be good at it but it goes both ways. It is easier to camp to get a few easy kills. It's definitely does not = COD. Close maybe but only because SWAT lacks vehicles.

BTB isn't necessarily the skill-fest that it's made out to be either. Sometimes there's so much going on the guy your shooting in the back doesn't turn around because he's trying to kill the guy he's shooting at first before he dies. I normally call these "trash kills". Don't get me started on OBJ game types and "skill".

COD as a whole moves faster. For some reason this "twitch skill" gets a whole lot more praise than what it should. So great in a split second of panic you flicked your thumbstick and pulled the trigger at the right time. Then it doesn't happen again for 4 games. Sorry, but I'll save my time and not get amazed over some youtube video of 360s and no scopes and other doctored videos that took 100 attempts to make it look like they have "l33t" skills.
---
Uhh...check it...
#64KageNoSenshiPosted 1/27/2013 6:25:50 AM
#63 TorqueFork Posted
Don't get me started on OBJ game types and "skill".

No I think you've got some explaining to do here.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#65TorqueForkPosted 1/27/2013 6:31:43 AM
I'm talking about kills. The guys who don't play the objective then brag about some ridiculous K/D.
---
Uhh...check it...
#66KageNoSenshiPosted 1/27/2013 6:38:43 AM
Someone has to be getting kills or the team can't win. Dead enemies can neither prevent an objective from being completed or complete one of their own. That is their contribution to the team.

Realistically, the best killer on the team shouldn't be the one shifting his focus from killing enemy players.
---
#67sec713Posted 1/27/2013 10:56:40 AM
I love SWAT. I don't know about it being = COD, though. It's just about reacting quick and aiming at the head. COD is the similar, but you don't have to get headshots. I don't think the maps available in Halo 4 lend themselves well to the SWAT playlist. In general I think the maps in Halo 4 are garbage. It's the same reason I hated the one week of Team Snipers we got... which annoys the crap out of me, since I love Team Snipers. Hopefully 343 will see how well 'Shutout' does in the Forge Map Test playlist and get the clue to just remake more of the tried and true older Halo maps - it's not like there isn't an abundance of them...
---
Insert signature here.
#68peabody43Posted 1/28/2013 4:35:40 PM

You do realise the overall HT leaderboards are topped mostly with BTB/obj players that aren't actually that good, don't you?

Yea good point, I did start to notice that, and thats pretty annoying that players are saturating their spreads by playing objective games and going for kills. This is why the game needs lonewolves (CSR) w no partying up. As far as "more" its a relative term.

There are more variety of skills to master in a regular slayer match, but the skillset SWAT requires is very specific - finding people without radar and getting the drop on them before they kill you. Everyone is on a level playing field. I also believe that specific skillset is more difficult to master than any of the skillsets in regular slayer. That's why its so much harder to go on killing sprees in this game mode. It requires you to be more aware not just nearby but across the entire map. In regular slayer you can often avoid these encounters and many players do by running inside after they get hit by someone in the distance.

Also, there are plenty of times in SWAT where you both see each other and its just a matter of who can get the headshot first. A lot of times you can see them and your cursor won't be near them. And since its so advantageous to be able to turn quickly, those who can play on 10 sensitivity well should see a drastic adv over those w a much lower sensitivity assuming equal skill levels.
#69peabody43Posted 1/28/2013 5:16:38 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Someone has to be getting kills or the team can't win. Dead enemies can neither prevent an objective from being completed or complete one of their own. That is their contribution to the team.

Realistically, the best killer on the team shouldn't be the one shifting his focus from killing enemy players.

I agree w these points. But its also easier to kill people who are going for objectives than straight up killing you, thus you should be able to get a higher spread doing this. I'm not trying to discredit those who are doing both, but its hard to use as a measure for an accurate K/D. I never play dominion, but there are some outrageously high spreads from that game type that don't seem possible in slayer games. The best example I can think of for this was halo reach in king of the hill when people would use those games to get insanely high spread and avoid going in the hill. Then you can take your super high spread and say your teammates were awful and you were killing everyone.
#70Killean_NuggetsPosted 1/28/2013 5:33:08 PM
Yea good point, I did start to notice that, and thats pretty annoying that players are saturating their spreads by playing objective games and going for kills. This is why the game needs lonewolves (CSR) w no partying up. As far as "more" its a relative term.

There are more variety of skills to master in a regular slayer match, but the skillset SWAT requires is very specific - finding people without radar and getting the drop on them before they kill you. Everyone is on a level playing field. I also believe that specific skillset is more difficult to master than any of the skillsets in regular slayer. That's why its so much harder to go on killing sprees in this game mode. It requires you to be more aware not just nearby but across the entire map. In regular slayer you can often avoid these encounters and many players do by running inside after they get hit by someone in the distance.

Also, there are plenty of times in SWAT where you both see each other and its just a matter of who can get the headshot first. A lot of times you can see them and your cursor won't be near them. And since its so advantageous to be able to turn quickly, those who can play on 10 sensitivity well should see a drastic adv over those w a much lower sensitivity assuming equal skill levels.

You must be a really bad player.
---
vBlite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw5x_bc9Lvo&feature=plcp