They just need to remake halo 2 already

#11TurdFerguson13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:26:44 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
TurdFerguson13 posted...
ODomm posted...
phillyeagles123 posted...
I doubt this would happen, since remaking Halo 2 would fragment the already declining Halo population. Plus, it probably wouldn't be the same Halo 2 experience we knew. I'm not saying 343 would change stuff, but nostalgia makes us forget the bad things, and only remember the good things.

THANK YOU
Finally someone with some logic, it's basic psychology.
Nostalgia goggles are real and they do affect your perception.

I was actually just playing a halo 2 glitch game with a friend on xbox connect the other day, and it was just as fun as I remembered. So in this case no, its not really nostalgia goggles

Sure, you can still have fun. But you know one of the main reasons it's so fun? You're reliving fond memories.

Well with that logic a remake would have the intended purpose that I want which is to have fun. But i'd still have to disagree about it being only nostalgia. Halo 2 was just way more competitive thanks to the great maps, great mechanics, and awesome ranking system
#12CKnightPosted 1/24/2013 8:32:28 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
TurdFerguson13 posted...
ODomm posted...
I doubt this would happen, since remaking Halo 2 would fragment the already declining Halo population. Plus, it probably wouldn't be the same Halo 2 experience we knew. I'm not saying 343 would change stuff, but nostalgia makes us forget the bad things, and only remember the good things.

THANK YOU

I was actually just playing a halo 2 glitch game with a friend on xbox connect the other day, and it was just as fun as I remembered. So in this case no, its not really nostalgia goggles

Sure, you can still have fun. But you know one of the main reasons it's so fun? You're reliving fond memories.

And he's just tooling around in dead game with a friend. Say they remake it and fix the old glitches but the masses of online players find new ones to exploit. Odds are he'd have alot less fun with randos exploiting glitches.
#13SunDevil77Posted 1/24/2013 8:34:43 PM
Yup, Halo 2 was amazing in it's day, but not to todays standards. All the battle rifle exploits would be scrutinized to hell and back.
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#14TurdFerguson13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:36:39 PM
CKnight posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
TurdFerguson13 posted...
ODomm posted...

THANK YOU

And he's just tooling around in dead game with a friend. Say they remake it and fix the old glitches but the masses of online players find new ones to exploit. Odds are he'd have alot less fun with randos exploiting glitches.

Nowadays they would fix glitches, but no glitches weren't the only reason i love this game. Like I said they only enhanced it. The core game was just so good beside that.
#15TurdFerguson13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 8:52:16 PM
Plus I'm pretty sure Halo 2 would be able to hold its own against today's shooters. It was the most popular Xbox Live game the entire time on the original Xbox and even after the 360 released it was still very popular
#16X250Posted 1/24/2013 9:22:08 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...

And the memories were fond in the first place because it was a much better game than Halo 4.

SunDevil77 posted...
Yup, Halo 2 was amazing in it's day, but not to todays standards. All the battle rifle exploits would be scrutinized to hell and back.

Better than Halo 4, which is s***** in every way but graphics by today's standards.
#17Sephiroth9704Posted 1/24/2013 9:22:49 PM
remember the sounds? i miss the lift sound from halo 2
#18TurdFerguson13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 9:41:03 PM
Sephiroth9704 posted...
remember the sounds? i miss the lift sound from halo 2

yeah and i miss all the great maps too. Like headlong which had awesome assault games or terminal with the train and the secret room in the ceiling
#19KageNoSenshiPosted 1/25/2013 1:58:07 AM
I was actually going to get to this in my topic, but I'll post it here first as well.

What I would like to see them do is release it as a 2-disc set. The first disc has H2 untouched. Same engine, same graphics, same campaign, same glitches, etc, etc, etc.

For the second disc, they update the game. Modify the engine to remove superjumping and the button combos, update the graphics and sounds. Perhaps pull from the books a little bit and give us a (mini) campaign that deals w/ John's return to Earth from Installation-04.

By doing this, they can appease the people who want to want to retain the exact same feel, please those who didn't like the "advanced techniques" of the original, and draw new players to relive the history of Halo. As long as the new version doesn't alter the maps or weapons in any way, or tries to add new weapons or armor abilities, I would be more than happy w/ this. Heck I'd be fine w/ the shotgun staying as gimped as it was if it meant retaining the exact feel of the game.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#20CKnightPosted 1/25/2013 1:45:59 PM
TurdFerguson13 posted...
Plus I'm pretty sure Halo 2 would be able to hold its own against today's shooters. It was the most popular Xbox Live game the entire time on the original Xbox and even after the 360 released it was still very popular

It'll hold its own against anything not named Call of Duty sure. Likely scenario the community would be small for a top title but split between people who play Halo 4, Reach and 3 adding it to the list. And hardcore snobs who think anything after 2 is beneath them. Casuals would likely stick with Halo 4 as Halo 2's MP will seem barebones with its lack of custom features and unlocks.