They just need to remake halo 2 already

#21Solar1214Posted 1/25/2013 5:07:18 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
I was actually going to get to this in my topic, but I'll post it here first as well.

What I would like to see them do is release it as a 2-disc set. The first disc has H2 untouched. Same engine, same graphics, same campaign, same glitches, etc, etc, etc.

For the second disc, they update the game. Modify the engine to remove superjumping and the button combos, update the graphics and sounds. Perhaps pull from the books a little bit and give us a (mini) campaign that deals w/ John's return to Earth from Installation-04.

By doing this, they can appease the people who want to want to retain the exact same feel, please those who didn't like the "advanced techniques" of the original, and draw new players to relive the history of Halo. As long as the new version doesn't alter the maps or weapons in any way, or tries to add new weapons or armor abilities, I would be more than happy w/ this. Heck I'd be fine w/ the shotgun staying as gimped as it was if it meant retaining the exact feel of the game.

I don't care what they do, I better be able to play Halo 2 online by next year!
I love the glitches though, so It'd be cool they don't remove them.
#22TurdFerguson13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 5:26:07 PM
I agree with solar

CKnight posted...

It'll hold its own against anything not named Call of Duty sure. Likely scenario the community would be small for a top title but split between people who play Halo 4, Reach and 3 adding it to the list. And hardcore snobs who think anything after 2 is beneath them. Casuals would likely stick with Halo 4 as Halo 2's MP will seem barebones with its lack of custom features and unlocks.

As for this, I think a remake of the first BIG multiplayer game would get a lot of players to at least try it. Now yes casuals might be discouraged by the bigger learning curve, but look at a game like dark souls. People love games that aren't easily accessible like most other games out today. Also, from personal experience, I sucked when I first got live and started playing Halo 2. In no way did that keep me from enjoying the hell out of the game. And yeah there won't be customization like people are used to now, but I think the great online experience would make that a minor issue
#23KageNoSenshiPosted 1/25/2013 6:04:06 PM
Except there is customization. The customization is in the custom games. That's part of what made Halo so popular in the first place.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#24TurdFerguson13(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2013 9:55:44 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Except there is customization. The customization is in the custom games. That's part of what made Halo so popular in the first place.

Good point. I had the most fun in halo 2s custom games. Like the original zombies, tower of power, 3 day war, flood, etc. Its also worth noting that I haven't had as much fun with a zombies game since halo 2. Bungie and 343 kind of messed it up
#25CKnightPosted 1/26/2013 1:03:30 PM
Personal customization and unlocks is what keeps people playing these days. You guys are talking about things you enjoyed 7 to 8 years ago, seeing it through rosy glasses.

Halo 2 has reached legendary status much like Goldeneye.

The Goldeneye remake was better than the original on nearly every level but cant compete with the memories of playing it back in the day for the first time so it failed.
#26HybridSnakePosted 1/26/2013 1:07:48 PM
I rather they don't remake the game. They will find a way to **** it up.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#27KageNoSenshiPosted 1/26/2013 1:09:21 PM
#25 CKnight Posted
Personal customization and unlocks is what keeps people playing these days. You guys are talking about things you enjoyed 7 to 8 years ago, seeing it through rosy glasses.

The Goldeneye remake was better than the original on nearly every level but cant compete with the memories of playing it back in the day for the first time so it failed.

Goldeneye remake shouldn't've had ADS.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#28SunDevil77Posted 1/26/2013 1:10:45 PM(edited)
CKnight posted...

The Goldeneye remake wasn't a remake at all.
Other than that piece, you are correct ^^
---
Bro, when you tack on mass, you sacrifice flexibility. That's just a straight up fact
#29kayoticdreamzPosted 1/26/2013 3:53:35 PM
just throw in a halo 2 remake similar to halo 1. although the halo 2 remake probably would not have online so it doesnt fragment the halo community but eh it would be fun much like the halo 1 remake was quite fun and rather well done. put this between halo 4 and halo 5. since it seems they want a halo game every year now. they need a buffer between games. then between halo 5 and 6 they can buffer that with halo wars 2. or switch halo wars 2 and halo 2.

this lets them spread out the main games while still releasing a halo every year since microsoft seems bent on doing that.
#30Demigod_ElessarPosted 1/26/2013 4:08:25 PM(edited)
Unlike most people, I loved Halo 2's campaign. It is probably my favorite campaign of the series, so I would love an Anniversary remake of Halo 2. Just give me the campaign with updated graphics and achievements and I would be sold. The multiplayer maps (assuming they repeat what they did with Halo: CE Anniversary) would just be a bonus.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar