Halo 4 has been labeled as inferior because of MLG? Really?

#71ewalkPosted 1/26/2013 11:57:12 AM
Halo 4 isn't a bad game. Splitting hairs over this is pretty silly. Stop typing on gamefaqs and go practice more you wanna be MLG kids.
#72The_87_ReaperPosted 1/26/2013 1:17:10 PM
This whole thing with the Elites is getting out of hand.

You have to think about this logically. This is what the the 6th Halo game now, 7th if you count Wars.

Don't you think the Sangheili are getting a little fed up running around killing them selves?

It's why they switched to COD, so they can run around killing humans, they never tire of that and with the cease-fire it's a little harder to do it for real now.
---
The future does not exist, because by the the time you're there it's already the present.
Dr. Richard Epear - May 1st 2009
#73Jakobs_FodderPosted 1/26/2013 1:39:16 PM
Halo 4 is inferior.
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos
#74HybridSnakePosted 1/26/2013 1:44:17 PM
Halo8mySoul posted...
I very much enjoy Halo 4.
Apparently, the greater market share and other long time Halo fans, as well as MLG, do not share the same love that I have for this game.

I find it to be a nice blend and update of what I like about Halo, Battlefield, and CoD.
I am certainly in the minority, however.

In any case, it will be interesting to see what Microsoft and 343 come up with for the "next" xbox.

I hope some of you aren't completely turned off by this title and give it a chance.
You're not alone. I like the game and I like most of the changes. I try not whine too much about the stuff I don't like. I find it childish how a lot of people simply want Halo 3.5 just like Halo 3 was Halo 2.5 I understand they need to change and update a couple of things to keep the franchise alive and not stale. Its just sad how some people can be so obnoxious whining about everything online.
---
"I prefer to call armour lock "an admission of failure" " - jimmytheballs
Xbox Live Gamertag - Blue Idiot
#75KageNoSenshiPosted 1/26/2013 1:48:09 PM
LOL Halo 3 was not Halo 2.5. The changes they are deciding to make are what drive people away.
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
XBL GT: KageSenshi ------ Chikara - Chie - Yuuki
#76HybridSnakePosted 1/26/2013 1:52:14 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
LOL Halo 3 was not Halo 2.5. The changes they are deciding to make are what drive people away.

LoL It was. All they added were the useless equipment. I'm not bashing Halo 3 or anything because I played the crap out of it for 2 years, but it didn't add much gameplay wise.

Forge and Theatre were the saving grace.
---
#77KageNoSenshiPosted 1/26/2013 2:22:53 PM
Did you actually play them both?

They added the new AR (which completely rebalanced spawns and dual-wielding) along w/ other weapons (including the hammer), equipment, heavy weapons (turrets/missile pod/flamethrower), 2 new grenade types, shield doors, new gamemodes (VIP immediately comes to mind, and I want to say Juggernaut was a new one as well, along w/ making some unofficial H2 modes into legit gametypes [like Flood]), multiple new vehicles (Chopper, Mongoose, Elephant, Hornet...), the vehicle lock-on feature for rockets was taken back out, the drain when charging the PP was added, the Needler was buffed and no longer dual-wieldable.

It's like people really don't pay attention to anything other than playing a game called Halo...
---
MvC3 Mains - Spidey(Y)/Deadpool(B)/Doom(B) | Experimenting: Phoenix(A)/Dante/(Y)/Doom(B)
#78HybridSnakePosted 1/26/2013 4:14:17 PM
KageNoSenshi posted...
Did you actually play them both?

They added the new AR (which completely rebalanced spawns and dual-wielding) along w/ other weapons (including the hammer), equipment, heavy weapons (turrets/missile pod/flamethrower), 2 new grenade types, shield doors, new gamemodes (VIP immediately comes to mind, and I want to say Juggernaut was a new one as well, along w/ making some unofficial H2 modes into legit gametypes [like Flood]), multiple new vehicles (Chopper, Mongoose, Elephant, Hornet...), the vehicle lock-on feature for rockets was taken back out, the drain when charging the PP was added, the Needler was buffed and no longer dual-wieldable.

It's like people really don't pay attention to anything other than playing a game called Halo...

Yes I played Halo 2 until Halo 3 came out and then I played Halo 3 until Reach came out. All in all they just rebalanced Halo 2 and added new guns. YAY Brand new games. Although that is what CoD does so I suppose you're right.
---
#79HybridSnakePosted 1/26/2013 4:16:20 PM
But let me be more precise Halo's metagame remained the same. Unlike Halo 2 that added new gameplay elements like dual wielding and hijacking vehicles.
---
#80KageNoSenshiPosted 1/26/2013 4:41:48 PM
So... equipment, heavy weapons, shield doors, grenades that now stick to walls...

...nevermind...
---