Can I play previous Spartan Ops episodes in Matchmaking?

#1qpalzmwPosted 1/25/2013 2:38:16 PM
Hi. I got Halo 4 this year for Christmas, which obiously put me back a few weeks as far as completing the Spartan Ops episodes. Now the season has started back up and I'm only on Chapter 3. Is there a way to play previous Spartan Ops episodes in Matchmaking? I'm finding that doing them in single player is starting to become disctinctly unfun. Thanks in advance.
---
You make mistakes; and then you die. And then you come back.
#2enterthemadroxPosted 1/25/2013 2:45:30 PM
Nope, not unless they put them on MM again like they did over the Christmas/New Year period for those who needed to catch up and finish the first 5 episodes.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#3AoENIACPosted 1/26/2013 11:37:01 AM
You're probably going to have to wait until they finish releasing the current batch of new episodes before they do another "best of" run.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#4kayoticdreamzPosted 1/27/2013 6:48:38 PM
came here to ask this same question. yea this sucks. there is really no reason not to have the option.
#5EDarienPosted 1/27/2013 7:26:35 PM
It's a pain, true. But I've seen a number of people here on this board exchange GTags and group up to finish various campaign missions, as well as Sp Ops. Try asking around, I'm sure at least one or two people will join up and let you clear them MUCH faster than solo. Or you can solo, but just do it on Easy until you catch up. When you're all caught up, they'll likely do another repeat like they did for 1-5 before 6 came out.
---
Lali-ho!
#6krazyninjaman3Posted 1/27/2013 8:00:36 PM
The reason they don't let you play previous episodes in match making, and have you play only one episode at a time, is so that you will be able to find a game quickly, and consistantly.

If they let everyone choose which chapter of wich episode they wanted to play, the server population would be way too thin.
#7CynicalZealotPosted 1/27/2013 11:33:13 PM
kayoticdreamz posted...
there is really no reason not to have the option.

Except for the fact that, if you allowed matchmaking in every past episode (which, at this point, means 35 distinct chapters), you'd have maybe 100 people max in any given chapter at any given time, and you'd have to be willing to sit there and wait for like 5 minutes before the game could find you enough partners to run it.

It's not as if you can't still play them. Just not as part of random matchmaking. Make some friends, then invite them to a party and go play with them. Even if you don't have any real life friends who play the game, and/or tend not to add random strangers to your online friends list, you could almost certainly recruit a few people willing to play through past episodes who would team up with you for it if you went somewhere online where a lot of people who play Halo 4 hang out and post.

Now, all you have to do is find a place like that...

---
"This calls for a particularly subtle blend of psychology and extreme violence."
--- Vyvyan, The Young Ones
#8Reklaw XPosted 1/27/2013 11:45:12 PM
if you need to do them still, I think I still have some of ep 2, all of ep 3 and a few of episode 4 left to do.
---
"You know what a chain of command is?
Its a chain I go get and beat you with till you understand whos in command here."
#9krazyninjaman3Posted 1/28/2013 3:49:53 AM
krazyninjaman3 posted...
The reason they don't let you play previous episodes in match making, and have you play only one episode at a time, is so that you will be able to find a game quickly, and consistantly.

If they let everyone choose which chapter of wich episode they wanted to play, the server population would be way too thin.