Are the Specializations really all that good?

#11XImperialDragonPosted 1/26/2013 2:04:48 PM
In theory, Wheelman is incredibly advantageous. Think of it like this: every time you get in a vehicle, you get an overshield.

Wait, what? People testing out Wheelman determined that there's no foreseeable durability increase with vehicles. Was this something that was changed after the last update?
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#12ODommPosted 1/26/2013 2:06:16 PM
XImperialDragon posted...
In theory, Wheelman is incredibly advantageous. Think of it like this: every time you get in a vehicle, you get an overshield.

Wait, what? People testing out Wheelman determined that there's no foreseeable durability increase with vehicles. Was this something that was changed after the last update?

No durability increase? Well then wth is it for? I never really watched those test videos, and I thought I noticed a difference while I was using it. Guess I'll have to go back and double check.
That'd be dumb if it didn't do anything.
---
Looking for ODST players---PM me
~~Keep Calm and Chive On~~
#13XImperialDragonPosted 1/26/2013 2:11:33 PM
No durability increase? Well then wth is it for? I never really watched those test videos, and I thought I noticed a difference while I was using it. Guess I'll have to go back and double check.
That'd be dumb if it didn't do anything.

The videos I watched were pre-patch, probably mid-December, but they didn't notice a difference at all with most weapons. Your time spent EMP'ed is still reduced by 50%, which is really helpful, but overall durability it still took, like, 50 DMR shots to kill a Warthog with and without Wheelman. Instead, it seems it increases the health regeneration for you while you're in a vehicle, like the Shielding upgrade but only in a vehicle, not like an Overshield
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#14RedForman911Posted 1/26/2013 5:37:40 PM
The perks for wetwork, operator, pathfinder, and rogue can be very useful in both spops and war games in my opinion.....
#15zeroboboPosted 1/26/2013 5:44:32 PM
none of the perks particularly impress me, ive been picking my specializations based off armor and weaponskins lol
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#16ShadowMaster684Posted 1/26/2013 7:28:02 PM
Some are, some aren't.
Stability can give people the upper hand most of the time, but I never seem to notice when someone is using it. Same with Wheelman, sure it probably gives them an advantage, but I don't notice it.

I notice Wheelman all the damn time, especially with ghost users.
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4
Gamertag: Vanguard VII
#17SpikeTbearPosted 1/26/2013 9:32:04 PM
Wheelman also seems to slowly regenerate vehicles. Ive been in flaming, totaled vehicles that stopped smoking after a while.
---
"The most important thing is to never stop questioning." -Albert Einstein.
Xbox Live: AlteraLateralus