So what is Bloom?

#21ShadowMaster684Posted 1/27/2013 5:00:21 PM
This thread has almost all the worst posters in it. blite were u @

Thankfully you completed the collection.
---
Currently Playing: Halo 4
Gamertag: Vanguard VII
#22bd0g5Posted 1/27/2013 5:02:06 PM
insert dunning-kruger effect here
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#23That1GuyyPosted 1/27/2013 5:18:58 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OilVqh0lhNY

There sure as hell was spread. Just like every FPS ever.

My mistake on there being absolutely no bloom, but I don't think I've ever actually known anyone who held down the trigger on the magnum instead of tapping it. And by tapping it, we see accuracy far greater than the DMR's, or ever the BR from Halo 3. However, the BR from 2 did not have bloom or spread.

Regardless, my point stands, and you have done nothing to refute it. The low accuracy of the DMR when firing quickly slowed the pacing of the game down by introducing excessive randomness, which is why many people didn't like the bloom.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#24TorqueForkPosted 1/27/2013 5:27:38 PM
I haven't seen a gun in Halo 4 that shoots at 45 degree angles, being held at 90. That's quite the exaggeration.
---
Uhh...check it...
#25SahdukPosted 1/27/2013 5:35:25 PM
ShadowMaster684 posted...
This thread has almost all the worst posters in it. blite were u @

Thankfully you completed the collection.

I hope you're proud of only thinking what you're allowed to. I'm certainly proud of being in control of this conversation!
---
"what the **** is this propoganda"
#26Phoenixmon2Posted 1/27/2013 5:51:25 PM
That1Guyy posted...
Regardless, my point stands, and you have done nothing to refute it. The low accuracy of the DMR when firing quickly slowed the pacing of the game down by introducing excessive randomness, which is why many people didn't like the bloom.

My only point in any of these arguments is that bloom had NOTHING to do with it. It's a visual mechanic for the HUD. If you turned the HUD off, the DMR would still be working the same exact way.
#27iRGushPosted 1/27/2013 5:55:32 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
That1Guyy posted...

My only point in any of these arguments is that bloom had NOTHING to do with it. It's a visual mechanic for the HUD. If you turned the HUD off, the DMR would still be working the same exact way.

you are so stupid omg
---
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
#28iRGushPosted 1/27/2013 5:57:02 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
That1Guyy posted...
What other games do with their guns has nothing to do with how Halo programs its guns. I don't understand why you're trying to bring them up here. What matters is that the people who didn't like the bloom wanted a return to Halo CE and Halo 2, where there was no bloom, nor was there spread. The Magnum and the BR in both those games always shot the dead center of the screen, regardless of fire rate.

The argument against bloom is valid, and there isn't much else to say about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OilVqh0lhNY

There sure as hell was spread. Just like every FPS ever.

There zero bloom DMR was pinpoint accurate actually.
---
#29bd0g5Posted 1/27/2013 6:00:03 PM
Phoenixmon2 posted...
That1Guyy posted...

this is why some people on this board can't be taken seriously
---
OOOH LAWD JESUS OH JESUS GET DA WATER *****! IT GOING DOWN! DEM MOTHER******* BOOTLEG FIREWORK ****! OH ****! wooo
#30iRGushPosted 1/27/2013 6:00:27 PM
also, the pistol had no bloom unless you held the trigger down, which I don't see why the hell anyone ever would

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUoVJzkL5es
---